Header image

Where would you go on vacation?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The Colorado river/ lake Tahoe/Shasta are great with a rented pontoon

That's not a pontoon, that's a freekin' house boat and yes they are nice. I can't remember where we were, somewhere out west, but there were about a dozen of those things on the water. They would all tie up together out in the middle of the lake at night and then it was party central. There was some wild shit going on out there.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sort of settled. Mrs Zoom and my daughter are going to Florida for a couple weeks.
My son and I are going to stay home and take care of a disabled family member and going to do some day trips.
First thing on our agenda... skydiving.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
First you consider going to Dubai now Skydiving. You Wildman!!!!! Good luck!!!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't checked yet but hoping they're open.
Another item is to go cart racing. (Those little, very fast go-carts)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, wife and daughter in week 2 in Florida.
My son and I are skydiving tomorrow, gokarting on Thursday.
If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, the skydiving didn't go well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, wife and daughter in week 2 in Florida.
My son and I are skydiving tomorrow, gokarting on Thursday.
If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, the skydiving didn't go well.

Think of it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn how to fly.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, we're back from skydiving.
All I can say is WOW, THAT WAS AWESOME!!!
We arrived early and were their first trip for the day. They were ready for us so we got a good jump (pun intended) on things.
Training then strap up. Meet up with the jump masters then load onto the plane.
We were packed like sardines in the plane and it was hot. This was the worst part of the day.
Once the lights came on, the door was opened and things happened fast. My son was the first out, followed by his friend then me. I'd say all 3 of us were gone within a minute.
We jumped from 13,500' with a free-fall for 8000' then chutes open at 5500' for the slow ride down.
Some tumbling as you free-fall then you're in control. You're really hauling ass when free-falling but it wasn't difficult to see (using goggles) and wasn't at all hard to breath.
I could tell when he pulled the cord to open the chute. I was expecting a terrible jolt but it wasn't bad at all.
Once the chute opened, he let me control it for awhile, turning left, right, loops... I did it for a minute then told him I'd prefer he drive so I can just enjoy the experience and view (basically, as a passenger).
The landing was incredibly smooth. He comes down on his feet, me on my butt. It was no harder of a landing than falling off a sled in the snow.

Yes, I'd definitely do it again.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shaking from nerves? The scariest part was signing the paperwork that says you're basically signing your life away.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Shaking from nerves? The scariest part was signing the paperwork that says you're basically signing your life away.
Yeah, I remember that feeling when we went white water rafting on the New River in WV. Made you wonder WTH you were getting into. Signing for the 2nd trip was much easier less stressful. :D :thumb:

Hoping for pics of your adventure soon.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A few pics.
I'm the old guy in green (and strapped to the gold parachute).
My son is in the pinkish suit, his friend in the yellow.

Attachments

• Skydive PA (13).JPG
    Skydive PA (13).JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Skydive PA (30).JPG
    Skydive PA (30).JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Skydive PA (43).JPG
    Skydive PA (43).JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Skydive PA (54).jpg
    Skydive PA (54).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 80

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One more pic. This one was taken just after leaving the plane to give an idea of altitude.

Attachments

• G0518897.jpg
    G0518897.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 274

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, after a day of rest after skydiving, my son and I went go-carting yesterday.

Go-carts are hard. Thought I was doing OK but passed by 3, including my son (who won the race).
There's a knowledge and strategy that needs learned IMHO.
My son did it on pure adrenaline and won.
It's not like other things where you're tossed in and do well.

Each race is about 10 minutes. After one race, I definitely needed a break as it's both physically and mentally demanding.

Here's a video (not mine) of a race on the track and the carts we used. If you watch it from the 30-second mark for about a minute or 2, you'll get an idea.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsPlkxZ87JU[/ame]

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I took off today to prepare. We are going to the boat on Lake Stockton to enjoy a three day week end "vacation."

It seems the customer cannot get more Face Masks so those lines are shut down. The medical line is all that is running. The Two teenage grand-daughters are in Florida. The grandson is 15 and has marching band practice. We will unlock his computer access to 24 hours.

He's a gamer who doesn't like the outdoors.

Sooooooooooooo;;;;

Cathy and I are taking advantage of the lull to enjoy a mini honeymoon, without kids, on the lake.:smilelove: My only work will be to finish the small deck on the tiny house, and assemble the fire pit. Pour some drinks and watch the waves hit the beach.:laugh3:

Yeah, when you are a small business owner, THAT is considered, a vacation.:bolt:

olivegirl

I have had a dream since childhood to go to Australia, but I don't know when that dream can come true. I really want to visit Sydney and get to know Australian nature. But it will probably not be soon because the coronavirus cancels all plans. The situation in the world is very unstable, so I can't plan a trip to Australia now. But I hope that soon everything will be better and I will be able to realize my dream.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I have had a dream since childhood to go to Australia, but I don't know when that dream can come true. I really want to visit Sydney and get to know Australian nature. But it will probably not be soon because the coronavirus cancels all plans. The situation in the world is very unstable, so I can't plan a trip to Australia now. But I hope that soon everything will be better and I will be able to realize my dream.
Good plan!! I partied with Australians and New Zealanders in the Navy. They're fun people.