• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Where would you go on vacation?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shaking from nerves? The scariest part was signing the paperwork that says you're basically signing your life away.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shaking from nerves? The scariest part was signing the paperwork that says you're basically signing your life away.
Yeah, I remember that feeling when we went white water rafting on the New River in WV. Made you wonder WTH you were getting into. Signing for the 2nd trip was much easier less stressful. :D :thumb:

Hoping for pics of your adventure soon.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A few pics.
I'm the old guy in green (and strapped to the gold parachute).
My son is in the pinkish suit, his friend in the yellow.

Attachments

• Skydive PA (13).JPG
    Skydive PA (13).JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Skydive PA (30).JPG
    Skydive PA (30).JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Skydive PA (43).JPG
    Skydive PA (43).JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 291
  • Skydive PA (54).jpg
    Skydive PA (54).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 216

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One more pic. This one was taken just after leaving the plane to give an idea of altitude.

Attachments

• G0518897.jpg
    G0518897.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 398

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, after a day of rest after skydiving, my son and I went go-carting yesterday.

Go-carts are hard. Thought I was doing OK but passed by 3, including my son (who won the race).
There's a knowledge and strategy that needs learned IMHO.
My son did it on pure adrenaline and won.
It's not like other things where you're tossed in and do well.

Each race is about 10 minutes. After one race, I definitely needed a break as it's both physically and mentally demanding.

Here's a video (not mine) of a race on the track and the carts we used. If you watch it from the 30-second mark for about a minute or 2, you'll get an idea.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsPlkxZ87JU[/ame]

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I took off today to prepare. We are going to the boat on Lake Stockton to enjoy a three day week end "vacation."

It seems the customer cannot get more Face Masks so those lines are shut down. The medical line is all that is running. The Two teenage grand-daughters are in Florida. The grandson is 15 and has marching band practice. We will unlock his computer access to 24 hours.

He's a gamer who doesn't like the outdoors.

Sooooooooooooo;;;;

Cathy and I are taking advantage of the lull to enjoy a mini honeymoon, without kids, on the lake.:smilelove: My only work will be to finish the small deck on the tiny house, and assemble the fire pit. Pour some drinks and watch the waves hit the beach.:laugh3:

Yeah, when you are a small business owner, THAT is considered, a vacation.:bolt:

olivegirl

I have had a dream since childhood to go to Australia, but I don't know when that dream can come true. I really want to visit Sydney and get to know Australian nature. But it will probably not be soon because the coronavirus cancels all plans. The situation in the world is very unstable, so I can't plan a trip to Australia now. But I hope that soon everything will be better and I will be able to realize my dream.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I have had a dream since childhood to go to Australia, but I don't know when that dream can come true. I really want to visit Sydney and get to know Australian nature. But it will probably not be soon because the coronavirus cancels all plans. The situation in the world is very unstable, so I can't plan a trip to Australia now. But I hope that soon everything will be better and I will be able to realize my dream.
Good plan!! I partied with Australians and New Zealanders in the Navy. They're fun people.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've always dreamed about visiting New York City. Living in Europe makes things more complicated for me, but I will do everything possible to make my dream come true.
After finding this article(MOD NOTE - Link Removed) I made it my leading destination for my honeymoon trip. My husband and I are getting married in 6 months , so hopefully, we'll be able to make our dream come true ! Can you recommend some places worth visiting in NYC?
IMO there is nothing in NYC worth visiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

I think that there are probably lots of things in NYC worth visiting but I have never been and have no intentions of going.

My grand daughter has been several times and says it is definitely not as you imagine or as they portray it. She said that the place is dirty with trash stacked up in alleys full of rats. She also said that the whole place smells like wet boiled cabbage. I have no idea what that means but it doesn't sound very pleasant.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I think that there are probably lots of things in NYC worth visiting but I have never been and have no intentions of going.

My grand daughter has been several times and says it is definitely not as you imagine or as they portray it. She said that the place is dirty with trash stacked up in alleys full of rats. She also said that the whole place smells like wet boiled cabbage. I have no idea what that means but it doesn't sound very pleasant.

I have endured NY City several times for sales calls and packaging machinery show & conventions. Never came to like the town.

Once many ears ago, my wife nd I took our son and his cousin on a trip up the east coast from Philadelphia to Maine. It included Washington DC , Boston, Lexington/Concord and many revolutionary sites.

As we came out of the Tunnel into New York, there was a sign that said Up Town, and one that said Down Town. Me, I was looking for the one that said Out-a-Town.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The closest to NYC I've been was flying in to Newark on a connection flight to Charleston SC with a 2 hr layover. Never left the airport. Saw the statue of liberty from the air before landing.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I believe your grand daughter is correct.

She forgot to mention the street crime.

sanjidasan

I would recommend Austria . Beautiful landscapes and very beautiful architecture. Hospitable people and delicious food - what could be better for a holiday. Especially if it's a winter vacation in the Alps. I went to the Alps with a friend this year. We bought train tickets and went to the mountains. Believe me, this is something amazing. The landscapes outside the windows changed as if in a fairy tale. I think this is the best place for an active and interesting Christmas holiday with friends or family.

Last edited by a moderator:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was in Miami a couple years back. Most of the place was a dump and we were happy to get out of there.
We have a condo in FL and we go from time-to-time. Mrs Zoom & the kids are heading there after Christmas.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I would love to do the charter sailboat thing again in the Windwards.

But this year will be spent pounding nails at Hippie Ridge.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I've been to 43 states. I'd like to finish that up with the remaining New England states I need to see and then Alaska would be my last one.

Ironman

Cuba has always been #1 on my bucket list. Fly out of Cancun. No stamps on the passport and they take dollars. Or, change to pesos before you fly out of Cancun. Not sure how it is now - most countries require fully vaxed papers now from what I hear. I’ll never have that document

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
With the cost of pretty much everything nearly doubling in the past 2 years yet incomes staying the same, we won't be going anywhere. We had been planning on an rv trip to the east coast this summer. That's not happening now.

@bczoom I love Dubai too for Atlantis! Never stayed in the resort though, the restaurants are way too (unsurprisingly) pricey, but the water park is OUT OF THE WORLD ❤️ 😍

Anything else you can recommend in Dubai ?

I also really want to do a cruise holiday of the Carribean and another of the Meditterean !

Another thing is that I feel like I’ve gone abroad so much but as a resident of England I feel weird never having been to Scotland or Wales... or Northern Ireland. I’d love to go to there this summer as well as explore the Republic of Ireland