• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Where would you go on vacation?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You're mixing things up. Dubai is a country in the middle east. Atlantis is a resort in the Caribbean.
Speaking of Florida, I'm there now.

norscaner

We spent a week on Bonaire back in December. While the shore diving was nice, I don't think I'd go back there. It's remarkably primitive.
We spent a month on Bonaire a few years back and like you said diving was great as for the rest of the Island it met our needs as our main goal was diving. If you get a chance check out Utilla. Amazing diving but much like a youth hostel type Island. We really enjoyed our stay there as we always rent a house and do all our own cooking.

avidwils

As I have mentioned earlier, I am travelling to Mexico. I have chalked out a whole travel route so far. But the thing is, I don't speak Spanish. I was looking multiple forums at came to know that They are basically Spanish-speaking people and around 90% of them speaks Spanish. https://www.statista.com/statistics/275440/languages-in-mexico and I am kinda worried about missing out on Certain details on the Mexico travel. So I have even talked with local guides of Mexico from https://gowithguide.com/mexico/guides They have assured me That It won't be a big of a deal. What's your take on this? Should I hire some local guide for my Mexico trip or continue on my own?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
We spent a month on Bonaire a few years back and like you said diving was great as for the rest of the Island it met our needs as our main goal was diving. If you get a chance check out Utilla. Amazing diving but much like a youth hostel type Island. We really enjoyed our stay there as we always rent a house and do all our own cooking.
We're headed to Roatan in November. The last time we were there, we had a blast - we even visited Pigeon Key (and almost got stuck there when the boat wouldn't start). Hostel-like amenities are not for us. We want all the creature comforts of having our own place.

PGBC

As I have mentioned earlier, I am travelling to Mexico. I have chalked out a whole travel route so far. But the thing is, I don't speak Spanish. I was looking multiple forums at came to know that They are basically Spanish-speaking people and around 90% of them speaks Spanish. https://www.statista.com/statistics/275440/languages-in-mexico and I am kinda worried about missing out on Certain details on the Mexico travel. So I have even talked with local guides of Mexico from https://gowithguide.com/mexico/guides They have assured me That It won't be a big of a deal. What's your take on this? Should I hire some local guide for my Mexico trip or continue on my own?

Been to Mexico many times, and it's rare that language has been a barrier. Many speak English, at least rudimentary English.

norscaner

We're headed to Roatan in November. The last time we were there, we had a blast - we even visited Pigeon Key (and almost got stuck there when the boat wouldn't start). Hostel-like amenities are not for us. We want all the creature comforts of having our own place.
While in Roatan call Nuria @ Octopus Dive School. She runs a top notch outfit with lots of returning clients. Her equipment is top notch and a real beautiful person

KitKat2023

I have no desire to leave the US personally. I find that anything I want to see is right here and for the most part, I'm a homebody :D

chowderman

'overseas' travel has the major good/bad difference of experiencing other cultures - presuming:
(a) you're not on a "If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium" style "tour"
(b) you are open / adapt / adjust to "new things"
. . . . and that can result in good stuff or not-so-good stuff. depends.....

personally, I/we have been to Stavanger (Norway) to Tunis (Tunisia) - the only country west of 'the old Iron Curtain' I've missed is Portugal.
fascinating places to go and see - especially if one is a history buff.
in our retirement however it's much easier/satisfying to see the parts of USA we haven't, yet . . .

good / bad????
one of the most ludicrous 'scenes' I ever witnessed . . . Salzburg . . . main street cafe . . . prime tourist area . . . hen party of six American women - presumable dumped there by their tour host just so the host could get away for some peace and quiet . . . loud complaints about the hotels . . . their main complaint . . . how to flush a toilet is different in every hotel . . . loud complaints, creating a scene level complaining . . .
these are people who should not travel overseas.

georgemiller

Stavanger was a lovely place to visit, but Bergen was even better! 😊 I felt so relaxed and happy there, like I didn’t have a care in the world. It’s a shame that I missed the chance to see the Northern Lights on my trip 🥺 I hope to go back to Norway someday and witness those amazing lights in the sky.