• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
And more information that Ivermectin works. Compelling study sizes with compelling results.

Real doctors who deal directly with patients and monitor medications in real time, were told by a guy who works in a laboratory, "this was a hoax drug. You cannot use it."

So please, can someone tell us why Ivermectin was poohed and banned?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

Ceee

Site Supporter
Bring on the Stupid:

"Berlin — A 60-year-old man allegedly had himself vaccinated against COVID-19 dozens of times in Germany in order to sell forged vaccination cards with real vaccine batch numbers to people not wanting to get vaccinated themselves."

"The man from the eastern German city of Magdeburg, whose name was not released in line with German privacy rules, is said to have received up to 90 shots against COVID-19 at vaccination centers in the eastern state of Saxony for months until criminal police caught him this month, the German news agency dpa reported Sunday."

"The suspect wasn't detained but is under investigation for unauthorized issuance of vaccination cards and document forgery, dpa reported."

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Talk about a case of the cure being worse than the illness. Can you imagine being quarantined in a room with Hillary Clinton for 5 days?🤣🤣🤣
Hillary Clinton has Covid.

Now Pelosi has it.
Hmmm..

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Bring on the Stupid:

"Berlin — A 60-year-old man allegedly had himself vaccinated against COVID-19 dozens of times in Germany in order to sell forged vaccination cards with real vaccine batch numbers to people not wanting to get vaccinated themselves."

"The man from the eastern German city of Magdeburg, whose name was not released in line with German privacy rules, is said to have received up to 90 shots against COVID-19 at vaccination centers in the eastern state of Saxony for months until criminal police caught him this month, the German news agency dpa reported Sunday."

"The suspect wasn't detained but is under investigation for unauthorized issuance of vaccination cards and document forgery, dpa reported."
I do not wish ill on anyone but would it not be hilarious if, despite the multiple vaccinations, he caught the COVID?

On the other hand, this may be a casual proof that the $160 Billion was spent on a shot that had no medical effect, good or bad, whatsoever.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I do not wish ill on anyone but would it not be hilarious if, despite the multiple vaccinations, he caught the COVID?

On the other hand, this may be a casual proof that the $160 Billion was spent on a shot that had no medical effect, good or bad, whatsoever.
Lots of evidence that it reduced severity, hospitalization rates and death rates due to Covid.

I'm not saying it was worth $160 Billion, I know it was not worth the destruction of the economy and lives of billions of people, I think a shot for the vulnerable was well worth getting (I'm one of those vulnerable) but I never advocated for masking kids (under 12) or making shots mandatory for anyone.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of evidence that it reduced severity, hospitalization rates and death rates due to Covid.

I'm not saying it was worth $160 Billion, I know it was not worth the destruction of the economy and lives of billions of people, I think a shot for the vulnerable was well worth getting (I'm one of those vulnerable) but I never advocated for masking kids (under 12) or making shots mandatory for anyone.
Lots of evidence to the contrary also.

And, of course, a walk back that the vaccine would not protect everyone.

Being told, that if I get the shot, my symptoms would be less severe is very hard to prove. Harder to believe.

You'll note, I called it "casual proof."

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of evidence to the contrary also.
Specifically what was refuted? The link will not allow me to read the article without subscribing to the website.

The fact that death rates among vaccinated are lower?
The fact that long term affects among vaccinated are lower?
The fact that hospitalizations among vaccinated are lower?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Specifically what was refuted? The link will not allow me to read the article without subscribing to the website.

The fact that death rates among vaccinated are lower?
The fact that long term affects among vaccinated are lower?
The fact that hospitalizations among vaccinated are lower?
Yeah, I hate that.
Sorry.

I also hate that we cannot trust what anybody, including our government, tells us.
Are the death rates lower?
Are the long term affects lower?
IDK.

The article says death rates amoung the vaccinated are higher.
Infection rates are also higher.

Media sources like FOX and CNN give opposing "facts" about it as well.

I guess it comes down to whom you trust

Last edited:

chowderman

whom you trust . . .
well, based on their revelations to date, the CDC does not rank all to high on any truth/disclosure/transpancy scale.
so there is that.

I also find it curious how fast people forget . . . when the covid thing was _first_ announced/known/published, the China liars advised
(1) it could not be spread person to person
and
(2) the elderly and compromised were most at risk.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's Daddy DeWine's turn.

In a release, the governor’s office said DeWine, who is 75, had mild symptoms, including a runny nose, headache, body aches and a sore throat. Per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention protocols, he is in quarantine.

DeWine’s personal physician diagnosed him with the virus and he received antibody treatment on Friday, according to the governor’s office.

The governor’s office said first lady Fran DeWine did not have any symptoms and had tested negative. Both DeWine’s are fully vaccinated and have received two booster shots.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_3534.jpg

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How would you like to be stuck in dry dock and Shanghai closes down

day 50 in ship yard and no work being done crew is confined to ship with no end in sight.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This thread has not been updated in a while because Covid really hasn't generated much real news.

But there has been an uptick in cases over the past month, and it has been identified in the UK as a new unique variant. Seems to be highly resistant to BOTH vaccines and natural immunity from a prior infection. But it also doesn't seem to be as serious.

Full story at the link, the story headline seems concerning but the story is far less alarming: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/may-covid-variant-scientists-dreading-072005463.html

This May Be the COVID Variant Scientists Are Dreading​

Mon, June 20, 2022, 2:20 AM
Photo Illustration by Thomas Levinson/The Daily Beast/Getty

Photo Illustration by Thomas Levinson/The Daily Beast/Getty

COVID-19 cases are increasing again in the United Kingdom, potentially signaling a future surge in infections in the United States and other countries.

A pair of new subvariants of the dominant Omicron variant—BA.4 and BA.5—appear to be driving the uptick in cases in the U.K. Worryingly, these subvariants seem to partially dodge antibodies from past infection or vaccination, making them more transmissible than other forms of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

There are also some suggestions that the new subvariants have evolved to target the lungs—unlike Omicron, which usually resulted in a less dangerous infection of the upper respiratory tract.

But there’s good news amid the bad. While cases are going up in the U.K., hospitalizations and deaths are increasing more slowly or even declining so far. “This could mean higher transmissible variants, BA.4 or 5, are in play, [and] these variants are much less severe,”

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't see any mention of how therapeutics work on this variant, coming from Yahoo I'm sure there are a few omissions.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't see any mention of how therapeutics work on this variant, coming from Yahoo I'm sure there are a few omissions.
I only posted a small portion of the article, but reading the whole article, there was no mention of treatment. One is left to presume that it is treated exactly the same way as other variants.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No way to tell how accurate this study is, it is published in a legitimate medical journal that is peer reviewed and well respected.

One should keep in mind, if this study is remotely accurate, that President Trump should be heralded as a major factor in saving lives. His "operation warp speed" vaccine program accelerated the development of the best and most effective vaccines available.

FULL STORY AT THE LINK:

COVID-19 vaccines saved 20 million lives during first year of distribution, study

The study measures "how much worse the pandemic could have been if we did not have these vaccines," leading scientist said

COVID-19 vaccines saved nearly 20 million lives during their first year, according to a study published this week.
Oliver Watson of the Imperial College London led the new modeling study about the vaccines. He called the potential outcome of the last 18-months should the vaccine not have been available "catastrophic."
His modeling study findings were published in Lancet Infectious Diseases and reportedly "quantify just how much worse the pandemic could have been if we did not have these vaccines."
Researchers used data from 185 countries to estimate that the vaccines prevented about 4.2 million virus deaths in India, 1.9 million in the United States, 1 million in Brazil, more than 631,000 in France and half-a-million in the U.K.
More lives, about 600,000, would have been saved had the World Health Organization's target of 40% vaccination coverage by the end of 2021 been met, say the researchers.
The study, which found that 19.8 million COVID deaths were prevented by vaccines, bases its estimations on how many more deaths than usual occurred during the time period. . .

UberBastid

Covid really hasn't generated much real news.

But there has been an uptick in cases over the past month, and it has been identified in the UK as a new unique variant. Seems to be highly resistant to BOTH vaccines and natural immunity from a prior infection. But it also doesn't seem to be as serious.
In the last three months, I have contracted The China Virus. Also, my step son and his whole family have it right now (four people, ages 35 to 15).
We all experienced the same symptoms.
Muscle aches, low fever, fatigue. It's a bad flu.
We all have had our shots and boosters.

Virus weaken as they mutate. AIDS did it. Remember when AIDS was a death sentence? Fast too.

It's the flu now.
And for anyone who is compromised - there are drugs to treat it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . .
And for anyone who is compromised - there are drugs to treat it.
Many of the treatments seem to be ineffective, but this is really where the research should be working. The vaccine doesn't stop it from spreading. The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it. The vaccine does seem to be effective at REDUCING the seriousness of the virus.

The government is now pushing to vaccinate little kids and infants, which I simply cannot wrap my head around given how mild the cases seem to be in children.

It seems to me that the government should be spending its efforts on effective treatment for the compromised people. That is where help is actually needed.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we are seeing another wave of Coronavirus.

The Omicron BA.5 variant.

It is highly transmissible. Rapidly spreading across the US, Europe and presumably the world. It is outpacing BA.4, which is also a variant still spreading.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 6.12.09 AM.png

Hospitalizations seem to be showing that people are admitted WITH Covid rather than being admitted FOR Covid. Ventilator use seems to be reasonable stable, no uptick. Most people are not hospitalized for this variant. Most people treat it with Tylenol or other over the counter meds.

New cases in the UK up 40%. Hospitalizations are up but deaths are down. Individual risk appears to be LOWER. Again, the folks who are immunocompromised, obese, high blood pressure, pulmonary issues are most at risk. People over 70 years old are also at much higher risk.

BA.5 is able to re-infect people EASILY so natural immunity from BA.5 basically doesn't exist. The original vaccines are also pretty much worthless against it. Very likely a NEW vaccine will be needed as the efficacy of current vaccines against the mutations is minimal. A new vaccine should be considered for any at risk people.

And to review older posts, probably the most effective thing you can do to minimize the effects is to take a daily dose of Vitamin D. I personally take 5000iu each day. Vitamin D needs to be taken daily over weeks as it slowly builds in the blood stream so to get any health benefit against Covid it needs to already be in your system prior to infection by the virus.

Not linking any of the other articles, but here is Dr Campbell: