• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Crockpot Hawaiian chicken tonight.
4 ingredients.
6 hours from now deliciousness.
I guarAWNNteeee!
Lol

20201223_120833.jpg

jillcrate

I had Corn dogs tonight :)

Thankfully they dont seem to be bothering me.. (They arent Organic and l havent had them for along time (I have been eating nothing but organic for a few years now as I started having stomach issues with convential food (GMO food specifically))

Ironman

Sous vide USDA prime aged steaks.
I remember asking about the best steak one could find one day a long time ago and Waybomb said go find a dry aged steak, in a nutshell. He was right.
8192DF6F-411E-47F3-9AB0-E055353A127F.jpeg
325DC8A6-BBDA-460E-B764-1F803583F090.jpeg
EB0FF179-3276-4DB5-A09C-F68E821107A2.jpeg

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waybomb knows food like few ever do. He suggested 16 year old cheese to me, and by gosh he was right!!!
He knows his Scotch whiskey as well.... ;)

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There once was a man called Joe Bury...

Who made awesome hamburgers.
I know, because I made them for dinner.

20210205_171229.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That does look like a tasty burger.

We are having an assortment of Chinese take out.

olivegirl

I’m making a salad with chicken. I try to eat properly. I lost a little weight during quarantine in spring. I think it's because I had more time and I was more attentive to my nutrition. But at the end of the summer I returned to my usual way of life, so I gained 4 kg. But now it's lockdown, and I plan to monitor my diet again. I liked my body in the summer, I want it back. But it’s difficult when your family continuing eating cakes, burgers, pasta and you just look at that and think “I want it too”.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It’s Wednesday during Lent and I’m observing meatless Wednesday in addition to meatless Friday. So I made a leek & seafood shepherd’s pie for dinner. It was topped with mashed red potatoes and Parmesan cheese.
98DCBD68-7633-4412-B27B-D6253926607A.jpeg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Starting up the smoker.

Going to smoke up a batch of beef ribs today. Side of potatoes. Possibly a nice bourbon old fashioned afterwards.

Looking forward to dinner.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No photo, sorry.

The lovely Mrs Bob makes a homemade "skillet dinner" that we love. It is basically a fancy version of "hamburger helper" but its got fresh ingredients and doesn't come from a box. Usually she uses an old fashioned Electric Skillet but a 12" skillet on the stove top or a cast iron skillet will obviously work just as well.

Cherry Tomatoes are broiled with a little olive oil, garlic and some seasoning.

In a LARGE skillet she sautés some Italian Sausage, after it is browned she adds some Rigatoni noodles & just enough chicken stock to cook the noodles. Just as the noodles absorb the chicken stock she adds some fresh spinach is added to the skillet, along with the broiled tomatoes, and it is simmered down to wilt the spinach.

We have it about once a month. There are no additional spices or salt added beyond the spices in the sausages and the little that she sprinkles on the oiled cherry tomatoes. Its still got plenty of flavor, but obviously you can adjust accordingly. The amount of chicken stock needed will vary by the amount of noodles you use because you don't drain it, you just cook it until its got a nice light "sauce" made of the broiled tomatoes, spinach and the little bit of remaining chicken stock.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I broiled 1" thick pork loin steaks, Corn on the cob and Parsley/Garlic mashed potatoes. I am meatless for three days so I hade a thick slice of Vermont White Cheddar in place of the pork.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of food and grocery shopping (as if we were) lol
Have you seen the jump in prices of food lately??
I fear I'm going to have to give up meat and go back to being vegetarian.
NOT.
I made rubbed pork shoulder steak with the remains of a head of cabbage - poppy seed peanut coleslaw.
Nct 20210413_161810_copy_768x768.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a large late lunch today so for dinner tonight I had 2 chocolate covered cherries and now I'm sipping on a bourbon. Probably have some ice cream for a dessert later.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I gave fencing lessons tonight. Hard to hold down dinner if you are chasing people and trying to hit them with a 3' metal stick. So I just ate some Rice Krispie Treats when I got home. That an a bourbon Old Fashioned cocktail.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Browned some chicken then roasted it in a Thai Mango Curry. Sautéd some veggies (leek, peppers, onion, mushrooms). Then my SIL brought over some Chinese fried rice.
AE5F6DD2-8FC2-4294-80FF-D175253AC0F9.jpeg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chinese food is my favorite!

Tonight we had baked chicken. My wife made a cauliflower casserole too, it was pretty simple, small florets of cauliflower seasoned with Cream of Mushroom soup and Parmasean (sp?) Cheese, probably some garlic and other spices. She mixed it together and baked it. The chicken pieces were set on top and baked at the same time. So all the mess was in 1 baking dish.