• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight we had a full breakfast for supper. It was scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. Wonderful!

How come we never have breakfast for breakfast?

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Tonight we had a full breakfast for supper. It was scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. Wonderful!

How come we never have breakfast for breakfast?

Breakfast is probably the tastiest mean of the day....probably because that's when our taste buds are the sharpest but breakfast is good anytime. I hope you enjoyed it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy smoked paprika, Batman.
This chicken is fantastic.

Nct20200811_174139.jpg

Nct20200811_174333.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Huge potluck Thanksgiving dinner at camp. We're doing one of the turkeys and the potatoes.
f22fbd6e881c7a4502f40ebaf5b649c5.jpg
2c792ba2005512deace2173cf12e4c05.jpg
d496238c4929b490caee2e2f3fc94d50.jpg

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a HUGE potluck turkey dinner at camp last weekend. To use up the last of the turkey, I threw together a big crockpot of turkey chili this morning. Very yummy.
770cfb533671f2a101be23a2fb0c323a.jpg

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

jillcrate

I went to a pizza place and had 10 boneless HBBQ wings..... They werent shaken in the sauce well..... I had to get an extra side of sauce.... Probably the worst batch I have had from there but they were good i guess....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just tossed a large rack of pork ribs into the INSTANT POT. The ribs cook for about 30 minutes but it takes about 15 to get the pressure up to cooking temp/pressure and then they sit for about 10 more minutes before I release the pressure. So in total the ribs will be in the pressure cooker for about 1 hour.

There is a bottle of Guiness Extra Stout that I poured into the pressure pot. Then a rack and then the dry rubbed ribs onto top of the rack above the Guiness.

After taking them out of the Instant Pot they will go onto a sheet pan, get brushed with some BBQ sauce, and will go under the broiler for a few minutes to caramelize the sauce. Served with some garlic bread and some skillet fried potatoes and that will be our dinner tonight!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Store bought bake & serve rolls dressed with better, granulated garlic and a dash of mustard along with a side of homemade pickled onions, peppers and pickles were added to the ribs and skillet potatoes.

Attachments

• 2C4DFA82-C9C2-424C-BC1B-42FBAC0D5961.jpeg
    2C4DFA82-C9C2-424C-BC1B-42FBAC0D5961.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 128

Ironman

I thought about smoking my ribs but it’s raining/sleeting outside and I’m just too damn lazy to mess with the smoker in crappy weather.

Just curious but how long do you smoke a meatloaf?
I go by temp, not time. It’s been 4 hours @ 225*F and is at 145 internal temp, I wanna go to 165ish. It’s about a 4 # loaf, lol, so I estimate 4.5 hours.

it’s been raining all day, and I was chilled out on the recliner... but I had 3#’s of ground beef to use up, and I’m a tight ass, so....