• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prayer request for our forum rock, Jim.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I heard from Jim S last night. He is in the hospital in rough shape. He expects to be there for 3 or so days. I guess there are a few issues going on and trying to get recuperated after a rough kidney stone operation is just one of them.

Prayers for Jim would sure be appreciated I'm sure. Thanks. :tiphat:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You can bet that he will be in our prayers tonight and every night until he is home hale and hearty.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Same from me.
I just finished 13 days in ICU/regular room. You pretty much have to be really ill to get admitted to a hospital anymore.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Get well soon Jim, I've been slacking off lately and with you out on "injured reserve" its going to be up to ETF, Franc, PG, Kirk and a few others to fill in for 1/2 of you.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Get well soon Jim, I've been slacking off lately and with you out on "injured reserve" its going to be up to ETF, Franc, PG, Kirk and a few others to fill in for 1/2 of you.

There ain't no way I can fill those shoes. Get well soon Jim!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hang in there Jim, we need you here! :thumbup:

Wouldn't[t be the same with out you...

Best regards, Kirk

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Prayers offered for Jim and all involved!! God's got this, that's for sure.............. Know that people are reaching out and up in prayer can be a wonderfully healing experience for a person, especially those that we have never met.............

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sadly no. Both PG and myself have texted multiple times but no reply. We have no other contact number for Jim.

Continued prayers for Jim.

Thinking we need an in case of emergency for all our members who would want to participate. I think I can come up with something. I would love to be able to offer support and possibly do something to help Jim but we are helpless since we cannot connect with him or his family.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sadly no. Both PG and myself have texted multiple times but no reply. We have no other contact number for Jim.

Continued prayers for Jim.

Thinking we need an in case of emergency for all our members who would want to participate. I think I can come up with something. I would love to be able to offer support and possibly do something to help Jim but we are helpless since we cannot connect with him or his family.

Doc, I think that may be a good idea.

This is starting to worry me. On this board I've known Jim a long time. I consider him a friend, a good friend.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's starting to worry me too, Frank.
Jim and I have become really close in the last few years.
A real friendship offering the other advice with random texts to the other about life and family.

Since I have not heard from him in over a week does concern me, mostly because of the nature of his state of health.
I'm thinking, hoping! his family are there for him.
Since it was more than likely a medical emergency, he may not even have his phone with him.
What I can tell you is that he went to be seen and was immediately taken to a larger area hospital.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
No posting or likes for a week, thats not the Jim I have come to know over the last couple of years. I agree its concerning. The emergency number idea is a good one. Marty

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been worried and praying since his situation was first posted.

Jim knows he has friends he can count on. and,,,;
He needs to get back here.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter

Great idea! How about a private area that is open only to you, Doc, and one or two others who you assign? They can have access to information members want to share such as phone numbers, back up phone numbers like spouses or family members, addresses and email addresses.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly what I was thinking Lenny. I can make a forum that I can see and the poster can see their post but no one elses. So info would be kept away from other eyes. I also agree I would grant access to this to one or all of the mods. Guessing no one would complain about doing it that way. We could all work together.

I just migrated net cooking talk to the new software we will have in a few weeks. Permissions were changed for some forums so I prefer to wait to ensure private info is never shared where it should not be. Seems better to play that safe for now.

Still no peep from Jim. More prayers for him. Hope to hear from him tomorrow. It was a week ago today he went in the hospital (I think).

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Doc, you're doing a wonderful job. Thanks for everything.

Praying for Jim.