• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old Stuff ... Pics / old Ads etc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like Keith was born old!!
Yep. I saw an Adam and Eve clip with God giving them instructions after just arriving on Earth. Adam asks but who is that guy (pointing at Keith Richards ..looking exactly like his pic above). God said: "I don't know, he was here when I got here.". LOL

chowderman

flash back to 1980's . . . fire up 'yer modem - 400, 800,1200,2400,9600,14.4,28.8,56k modem . . . .

1997 - AOL - aka American on Hold - dies in mid-sentence.
Steve Case, CEO - "It's new technology, it broke, get over it."

a slow witted correspondent of the era could easily pro-pend the internet was not going to work . . .

Misa

I remember gas wars back in 1964. 12 cents per gallon!

Buying more than 8 gallons often got one a 4 piece steak knife set or even a 5 transistor pocket radio!

There's more.

An attendant not only filled the tank for you, He cleaned your windshield AND checked your oil. If you were a woman, he would likely ask if he could check your tire pressures.

All done politely, with courtesy, and a smile.

And best of all...;HE SPOKE ENGLISH!

When I read your post, it reminded me of this scene from one of my favorite movies, "Back to the Future", when Marty is transported back to the 1950s and he goes into town and watches the gas station attendants servicing a customer.

Is the depiction in this video accurate, and is this how you remember it really was back then? 😃 It's hard for me to imagine that this is how things really were in the 1950s when I compare it to now, how literally no one that works at gas stations services customers at the pump, nor do they care if the customer needs anything.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The gas station scene is a little overblown. You usually got one attendant who would pump the gas, wash the windshield and, at your request, check your oil and antifreeze and your tires. Most gas stations did oil changes and checked all fluids. Also fixed flats and some repairs. Been there, done that in the early 60's!! My soon to be wife's aunt pulled in driving a volkswagen bug for gas and asked her if I should check the antifreeze and she said "yes". I had to explain to her I was pranking her and we both got a laugh!!.