Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

When the government tells me I don't need to worry, then I tend to think I really do need to be concerned. But at least one report is quoting some US health officials as saying there is no need for US citizens to worry.

We know there are 4 cases in the USA, 1 case in Canada.

The Canadian case is a man who arrived sick and is in the hospital in Toronto. Canadian health officials seemed to imply that they have probably contacted all the at risk people who may have been in contact with the Chinese national on the inbound flight.

In the US, there is 1 confirmed case in Washington State, 1 in Chicago, 2 in California. I believe all the cases are foreign nationals.

China has QUARANTINED roughly 60 MILLION PEOPLE by cutting off 16 (or more) cities. The epicenter is Wuhan, a city of 11 Million people, but the quarantine was put into place after roughly 5 million people left the city for the Lunar New Year celebration, which is the heaviest travel time in China and typically has more than 100,000,000 people traveling nationally + internationally for the week long holiday period.

Official sources say there are under 2000 cases worldwide, and approximately 50 deaths. The disease is being compared to the Spanish Flu, which killed millions just about 100 years ago, but this is considered far more dangerous.

UN-official sources suggest that at least 100,000 cases exist and the disease is spreading and mutating very quickly.

REUTERS SUMMARY:
http://news.trust.org/item/20200126105121-12mxo

China scrambles to contain 'strengthening' virus
(Adds comments from mayor of Wuhan)

* Coronavirus' transmission ability getting stronger

* Incubation 1-14 days, infectious during incubation

* China confirms 1,975 people infected, 56 dead

* U.S. to evacuate diplomatic staff, citizens from Wuhan

* China imposes temporary nationwide ban on sale of wildlife

By Gabriel D. Crossley and Cheng Leng

BEIJING/SHANGHAI, Jan 26 (Reuters) - The ability of the new coronavirus to spread is strengthening and infections could continue to rise, China's National Health Commission said on Sunday, with more than 2,000 people in China infected and 56 killed by the disease.

Health authorities around the world are racing to prevent a pandemic after a handful of cases of infection were reported outside China, including in Thailand, Australia, the United States and France.

The mayor of Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak, said he expected another 1,000 new patients in the city, which was stepping up construction of special hospitals.

The newly identified coronavirus has created alarm because much about it is still unknown, such as how dangerous it is and how easily it spreads between people. It can cause pneumonia, which has been deadly in some cases.

China's National Health Commission Minister Ma Xiaowei said the incubation period for the virus can range from one to 14 days, during which infection can occur, which was not the case with Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).

SARS was a coronavirus that originated in China and killed nearly 800 people globally in 2002 and 2003.

"According to recent clinical information, the virus' ability to spread seems to be getting somewhat stronger," Ma told reporters.

The Lunar New Year holiday, traditionally celebrated by hundreds of millions of Chinese travelling around the country and abroad to see family, began on Friday but has been severely disrupted by the outbreak.

Ma said China would intensify its containment efforts, which have so far included transportation and travel curbs and the cancellation of big events.

The country may extend the week-long Lunar New Year holiday, state broadcaster CCTV reported, citing a meeting hosted by Chinese premier Li Keqiang.

The virus, believed to have originated late last year in a seafood market in Wuhan that was illegally selling wildlife, has spread to cities including Beijing and Shanghai. Hong Kong has six confirmed cases.

The World Health Organisation this week stopped short of calling the outbreak a global health emergency, but some health experts question whether China can contain the epidemic.

Chinese President Xi Jinping described the situation as "grave" on Saturday.

China confirmed 2,051 cases of infection as of 7 p.m. (1100 GMT) on Jan. 26, while the death toll from the virus remained at 56, state broadcaster CCTV reported.

Health officials in Orange County, California, reported that a third case had been registered in the United States in a traveller from Wuhan, who was in isolation and in good condition.

On Saturday, Canada declared a first "presumptive" confirmed case in a resident who had returned from Wuhan. Australia confirmed its first four cases.

No fatalities have been reported outside China.

WILDLIFE SALES BAN

On Sunday, China temporarily banned nationwide the sale of wildlife in markets, restaurants, and e-commerce platforms. Wild and often poached animals packed together in Chinese markets are blamed as incubators for viruses to evolve and jump the species barrier to humans.

Snakes, peacocks, crocodiles and other species can also be found for sale via Taobao, an e-commerce website run by Alibaba.

The New York-based Wildlife Conservation Society called on China to make the ban permanent.

The U.S. State Department said it will relocate personnel at its Wuhan consulate to the United States, while Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said his government was working with China to arrange a charter flight for Japanese nationals to return from Wuhan.

The outbreak has prompted widening curbs on movements within China, with Wuhan, a city of 11 million, on virtual lockdown and transport links all-but severed except for emergency vehicles.

CANCELLATIONS AND MISTRUST

Health authorities in Beijing urged people not to shake hands but instead salute using a traditional cupped-hand gesture. The advice was sent in a text message that went out to mobile phone users in the city on Sunday morning.

Beijing also postponed the reopening of the city's schools and universities after the Lunar New Year holiday, state radio reported. Hong Kong had already delayed the reopening of schools to Feb. 17.

China has called for transparency in managing the crisis, after a cover-up of the spread of the SARS virus eroded public trust, but officials in Wuhan have been criticised for their handling of the current outbreak.

"People in my hometown all suspect the real infected patients number given by authorities," said Violet Li, who lives in the Wuhan district where the seafood market is located.

Illustrating the extend of disruption to life in China, overall passenger travel declined by nearly 29% on Saturday, the first day of the Lunar New Year, from a year earlier, with air passengers down nearly 42%, a transportation ministry official said.

Many cinemas across China were closed with major film premieres postponed.

Cruise operators including Royal Caribbean Cruises, and Costa Cruises said they had cancelled a combined 12 cruises that had been scheduled to embark from Chinese ports before Feb. 2.

Hong Kong Disneyland and the city's Ocean Park were closed on Sunday. Shanghai Disneyland, which expected 100,000 visitors daily through the holiday period, has already closed.

Airports around the world have stepped up screening of passengers from China, although some health officials and experts have questioned the effectiveness of these efforts.

I think a lot of it is about control. A loss of civil liberties and a grab of government power.

I do not think the virus was engineered in a lab to "reset" the world by the "new world order" or the "tech oligarchs" or whoever. I just think the virus (which may have coincidently been engineered in a lab) provided power grabbers the opportunity to test their powers and grab more.

Liberal states like Illinois have been locked down much harder/longer than conservative states like Indiana. Yet the disease, which I contend is "real" and which I also contend is NOT "just like the flu" seems to be hitting both states about the same, lots of people ended up in the hospital lots of people died. However the people in Indiana seem far better off than those in my neighboring state of Illinois. I see fewer permanently closed businesses. Fewer lives shattered by financial collapse and permanent job losses. Both states were shut down but Indiana re-opened months earlier and the lockdowns were less severe in Indiana. Real estate in my part of Indiana is actually very hot right now. I can't speak for the rest of the state, but along the norther border with Illinois we are seeing high prices, especially on the suburban and rural properties.

Now, when if we "follow the science" we have 2 new more contagious strains + 1 new President and what do we see but the liberal states like Illinois, New York and California are pushing to RE-OPEN their businesses. Coincidence? Or just proving the skeptics were correct all along and much of this is about 'control' of humans?

I believe we can, rationally, believe BOTH that this is a REAL disease AND it was used against freedom by corrupt politicians.

To completely change the direction of the thread, my wife, Wonder Woman, got us an appointment to get our vaccine shots today. She logged on to University of Texas Health just as they opened their registration page and she jumped right in. We're due to get shot up at 6pm on Wednesday the 3rd. At least this will start the process. Strange! Once the appointment was confirmed I felt a sense of relief. I didn't feel or realize that I was stressed about it but I guess that I was.
Frank I pretty much felt the same way.

Life out here doesn't seem all that much different with or without covid but there was a sense of relief when we got our calls for our shots. I can't explain why.

And here is some more news about the mutations. I've highlighted some of the key points. Seems that the mutations will still be managed by the vaccine, although if you have the vaccine you may still get covid. It just won't be a bad case of covid. This is very good news for the OVER 60 year old crowd and others who have underlying conditions. People over 60 and those with multiple underlying conditions tend to get sicker and tend to have higher incidents of death, so if the vaccines do their job reasonably well, you may still get sick from Covid but its likely you'll stay home and treat it with Tylenol instead of going to the hospital and ending up in the morgue.

UK variant has mutated again, scientists say

2 hours ago
By Michelle Roberts
Health editor, BBC News online

The Kent variant of coronavirus that has been spreading in the UK appears to be undergoing some 'worrying' new genetic changes, say scientists.

Tests on some samples show a mutation, called E484K, already seen in the South Africa and Brazil variants that are of concern.

Although this change may reduce vaccine effectiveness, the current ones in use should still work, say experts.
. . .

Scientists have already been checking what these new mutations might mean for existing coronavirus vaccines ... But early results from Moderna suggest its vaccine is still effective against variants with this mutation - although the body's immune response may not be as strong or prolonged.

Two new coronavirus vaccines that could be approved soon - one from Novavax and another from Janssen - also appear to offer good cover against variants, protecting against serious illness.

Even in the worst case scenario, vaccines can be redesigned and tweaked to be a better match in a matter or weeks or months, if necessary, say experts.

A silver lining may be that the variants are mutating in a similar way rather than diverging from each other.​

I'm very disappointed with Ohio's vaccine distribution information. i get numbers to call that go dead after I call them. I finally got one thanks to my son in law that answered. It was my county health dept. I left a message Sunday and again this morning. they say they'll get back to me but so far nothing. Like you Frank, I would feel better to at least know I'm on a list and know that I will get it eventually. I would much prefer to sign up online but I've not seen that option anywhere. Those of us over 65 but under 70 are not eligible until Feb 7th or sometime after that but come on. A little communication goes a long way. DeWine is good at shutting stuff down but when it comes to communication and distribution of a vaccine to protect us from Covid DeWine sucks.

I'm very disappointed with Ohio's vaccine distribution information. i get numbers to call that go dead after I call them. I finally got one thanks to my son in law that answered. It was my county health dept. I left a message Sunday and again this morning. they say they'll get back to me but so far nothing. Like you Frank, I would feel better to at least know I'm on a list and know that I will get it eventually. I would much prefer to sign up online but I've not seen that option anywhere. Those of us over 65 but under 70 are not eligible until Feb 7th or sometime after that but come on. A little communication goes a long way. DeWine is good at shutting stuff down but when it comes to communication and distribution of a vaccine to protect us from Covid DeWine sucks.
Indiana moved to age 65 for vaccinations a couple days ago.

Indiana sends out an email as soon as you qualify. I know people who claim they never gave their email or signed up with any state agency that are getting emails from the Indiana Dept of Health. The emails are legit. It gives instructions on how to sign up. I personally know people who got those emails on the day after they qualified.

Here you can pick a clinic/hosptial that gives the vaccination and set your own appointment. One of my friends called today, and got his appointment set for March 3. He set it for a late afternoon and is going to take his wife. The clinic said they'd give her a shot too if she came with him and there were any "leftover" doses. By coming with him it puts her on the top of the "on call" list for leftover doses. That is a common practice here. My cousin and his wife did the same thing last Saturday. He qualified, she is a couple years younger, but she tagged along and got the 'leftover' dose.

I have no clue if other states allow or do this sort of thing but it seems to be common in Indiana and I'm happy about it. It is not a matter of jumping the line since the doses would otherwise need to be "disposed of" so might as well put them in a human rather than putting them in the dumpster.

FWIW, my daughter, age 26, just got on the list in Illinois for a vaccination. Apparently the Supreme Court of the State of Illinois ruled that lawyers are "essential" workers, but do not qualify as "front line" workers. So she is on a medium priority list. First responders are ahead of her. People older than 65 are ahead of her. But she said she is expecting to get her first shot in March??? Hoping???

Interesting to hear how other state do it.

And BOOM a politician (who is a surgeon) calls out lies by the CDC about vaccine priorities.

Rand Paul accuses CDC of being 'caught in a lie' over vaccine misinformation​

Sen, Rand Paul took aim at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, saying the agency was “caught in a lie” for insisting that people who have already had COVID-19 could still benefit from being vaccinated.

“CDC caught in a lie — studies do not show efficacy of vaccine in previously infected COVID patients. Vaccines should be prioritized for people who have not yet had COVID,” Paul said on Twitter.

Paul shared an article from Full Measure, which detailed repeated claims by CDC officials that evidence supported vaccinating those that had already had the virus.

Full Measure reported that the CDC’s claim that a study proved the Pfizer vaccine showed “consistent high efficacy” for those who have already had the COVID-19 was originally disputed by Rep. Thomas Massie, who was so alarmed by the claim that he recorded calls with CDC officials he talked to in an attempt to make a correction.

“People who have had disease, given that there's limited doses right now, we're, we are suggesting that those people wait,” the CDC’s Amanda Cohn told Massie during one of the calls.

Cohn thanked Massie for flagging the mistake, assuring the lawmaker that the CDC would improve its vaccine messaging.

A few days later, Cohn joined other CDC doctors in an online session and claimed again that people who have had COVID-19 could still benefit from vaccination.

“Should people who’ve had COVID-19 be vaccinated and should they be vaccinated now,” Cohn asked fellow CDC doctor Sara Oliver.

“Data from both clinical trials suggests that people with prior infection are still likely to benefit from vaccination,” Oliver responded.

Massie called the CDC again after the alleged misinformation was still posted on the CDC website, resulting in agency officials agreeing that the language the CDC was using needed to be changed. Officials also assured Massie there was no intent to confuse or mislead people.

"Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that reinfection is possible, CDC recommends getting vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. Experts do not yet know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19," the CDC told the Washington Examiner.

"However, because the risk of reinfection is low in the months after initial COVID-19 infection, while vaccine supply remains limited, people who have recent infection may choose to temporarily delay vaccination."

The language the CDC was using was eventually tweaked, but Massie said the wording still falsely implies people who have had COVID-19 can benefit from vaccination.

“And instead of fixing it, they proposed repeating it and just phrasing their mistake differently,” Massie said. “So, at that point, right now, I consider it a lie. I think the CDC is lying about the efficacy of the vaccine based on the Pfizer trials, for those who have already had the coronavirus.”

Just for the record, it was President Trump that arranged for a partnership with CVS, Walgreens and other private pharmacies to give vaccinations. I'm actually glad to see that President Biden is following through on this idea. Many of the pharmacies are equipped to give vaccinations and already do it for seasonal shots, some have mini-clinics inside their walls too. Initially only 11 states will be involved in this pharmacy rollout, choosing states with high populations. Again, that seems like a pretty logical idea. Getting the shots into as many arms as possible as quickly as possible before the new mutations from England and South Africa become dominant seems like a good idea. But those variants are spreading quickly and could be dominant by the end of March.

FULL ARTICLE AT LINK

Biden boosting vaccine allotments, financing for virus costs

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s administration announced Tuesday that it is moving to expand access to COVID-19 vaccines, freeing up more doses for states and beginning to distribute them to retail pharmacies next week. The push comes amid new urgency to speed vaccinations to prevent the spread of potentially more serious strains of the virus that has killed more than 445,000 Americans.

Starting next week, 1 million doses will be distributed to some 6,500 pharmacies across the country, the White House said. The administration is also boosting by 500,000 the weekly allocation of vaccines sent directly to states and territories for the coming weeks, up to 10.5 million. It is allowing state and local governments to receive additional federal dollars to cover previously incurred expenses relating to the pandemic.

Coronavirus coordinator Jeff Zients announced the moves on a call with the nation’s governors Tuesday morning and then detailed them to the public in an afternoon news conference.

Drugstores have become a mainstay for flu shots and shingles vaccines, and the industry is capable of vaccinating tens of millions of people monthly. “This will provide more sites for people to get vaccinated in their communities,” Zients said.

“This is a critical step to provide the public with convenient trusted places to get vaccinated in their communities,” he added.

The number of participating pharmacies and the allocation of vaccines are expected to accelerate as drug makers increase production. The White House said the ultimate goal was to distribute the vaccines through more than 40,000 pharmacies nationwide. State and local guidelines will determine who is eligible to get a shot at their neighborhood pharmacy. Availability will be limited at first.

“Getting it into pharmacies is a viable approach,” said Dan Mendelson, founder of the health care industry consulting firm Avalere Health. “The pharmacies know how to move people in and out.”

Part of the reason the vaccination campaign got off to a slow start, he added, is that states lacked their own infrastructure for mass vaccinations.

The partnership with drugstores was originally announced by the Trump administration in November. At that time, no coronavirus vaccines had been approved. Participating are major chains like CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid, big box stores such as Walmart and Costco, and supermarket pharmacies. CVS said it will receive 250,000 doses initially, to be distributed to pharmacies in 11 states.

The pharmacy doses will be distributed to states by population...

Our local grocery store pharmacy is administering shots. We were numbers 610 and 611 on that list. The problem is that they are only doing 10 or 12 shots a day. You do the math.

The other list we were on informed us that there were "thousands" ahead of us. When our number came up they would be in touch.

The UT Health system, the one we got an appointment with, handles it differently. They announce on the local news that they they will be receiving x-number of doses. The next day they open their registration web page and it is first come, first served. You have to be quick. As Ceee mentioned, all 1600 doses were allocated within 20 minutes.

Our local CVS pharmacy and our Walmart pharmacy aren't participating at present because they don't have the equipment to keep the vaccine frozen.

Oregon has chosen to ignore the CDC's priority recommendations. Teachers are in the first wave. They think is more important to take care of the teacher's lobby than to vaccinate the senior population. Now the prison inmates take priority over us old farts. Wonder how bad of a crime one must commit to be an inmate?

• Wow
Reactions: Doc
Oregon has chosen to ignore the CDC's priority recommendations. Teachers are in the first wave. They think is more important to take care of the teacher's lobby than to vaccinate the senior population. Now the prison inmates take priority over us old farts. Wonder how bad of a crime one must commit to be an inmate?
Just MY opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it, I think medical professionals, ambulance, fire & police, butchers, food production and food sales should come before teachers. Seem to me need health care, law & order, fire protection and FOOD TO EAT more than we need teachers. I'm not downplaying teachers. I love teachers. My was a teacher and we have teacher friends. But I need food. I can wait for education.

Reactions: Doc
After all the reading, debating and listening, bottom line with the exception of knowing a little more about the virus. even with a half dozen vaccines around the world with Trillions of dollars spent and lives ruined, no one is any closer to defeating the virus than we were a year ago when it started. People are getting COVID that got the vaccine and historically vaccines are about 70% effective year over year because of mutation. How long has there been Flu vaccines?? Do we still get the yearly Flu and people die every year from the yearly Flu?? I would recommend anyone that lives in a urban area to rethink that.
1- a lot more people spreading it around
2- a lot more restrictions
3- and maybe its time for people to be loyal and take care of Mom and Dad yourself when they get old like we used to. Is it a inconvenience? Yes it is but they already wiped your ass when you came in so maybe you should return the favor when they go out.
4- Take some personal responsibility and stay home if you have issues with your health and you are scared about it. So folks that are not can have some type of normalcy in there life.
5- Accept the fact that we didn't ask for it or can change it and likely will be the leading cause of death in folks with medical issues from now on. 6- Get on with life the best you can.
My .02

After all the reading, debating and listening, bottom line with the exception of knowing a little more about the virus. even with a half dozen vaccines around the world with Trillions of dollars spent and lives ruined, no one is any closer to defeating the virus than we were a year ago when it started. People are getting COVID that got the vaccine and historically vaccines are about 70% effective year over year because of mutation. How long has there been Flu vaccines?? Do we still get the yearly Flu and people die every year from the yearly Flu?? I would recommend anyone that lives in a urban area to rethink that.
1- a lot more people spreading it around
2- a lot more restrictions
3- and maybe its time for people to be loyal and take care of Mom and Dad yourself when they get old like we used to. Is it a inconvenience? Yes it is but they already wiped your ass when you came in so maybe you should return the favor when they go out.
4- Take some personal responsibility and stay home if you have issues with your health and you are scared about it. So folks that are not can have some type of normalcy in there life.
5- Accept the fact that we didn't ask for it or can change it and likely will be the leading cause of death in folks with medical issues from now on. 6- Get on with life the best you can.
My .02
I agree with much of what you wrote but disagree with some points. I think they are closer to finding treatments and in fact there are some treatments used in some areas of the world that seem to be pretty good, while other areas of the world don't use those same treatments. Vitamin D seems to have a dramatic ability to alter the course of this disease's affect on the human body but it seems to be totally overlooked by some nations while other nations seem to be pushing the use of this cheap and available vitamin.

I totally agree that the urban dwellers may want to rethink priorities and lifestyles, but I doubt many of them will do so. Certainly some have have fled cities like New York, Chicago and San Fran. But those cities were already losing populations, it was just that Covid gave the incentive to leave to those who were already predisposed to flee for other reasons.

And yes, we do have to figure out how to get on with our lives as best as we can.

===========================================

Rather than posting some new innovation (I haven't seen any) or additional news about the vaccine rollout (not going fast enough) I thought this was a good story. And it is finally making news in some mainstream media too. NY Governor Cuomo was heralded as a model of hot a good leader should lead during much of this pandemic, he was typically compared to the horrible Republican governors of several states (Florida, Texas, etc). All the while we were posting about the nursing home deaths that were ignored by mainstream media. Glad to see that people are finally being held accountable for the government created genocide that occurred in the NY nursing homes.

Video at the link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-new-york-turn-over-nursing-covid-statistics

New York ordered to turn over nursing home COVID-19 death statistics

| February 03, 2021 04:10 PM

A New York Supreme Court justice is ordering the state to turn over its data on coronavirus-caused deaths in nursing homes.

Justice Kimberly A. O'Connor released her decision on Wednesday, concluding that the state violated the law by not providing a reasonable date for when it could turn over the information to Empire Center for Public Policy, the group that requested it. New York will now have to turn over the data within five business days.

The conservative think tank filed a request for the information in August, but when the state delayed the request, they filed a lawsuit in September.

"DOH has had ample time to respond to Empire Center's FOIL request," O'Connor said. "Its continued failure to provide petitioner a response, given the straightforward nature of the request, how the data is collected and maintained, and the fact that some of the requested data has already been made publicly available without personally identifying information, goes against FOIL's broad standard of open and transparent government and is a violation of the statute."

"With the preliminary audit complete, we were already in the process of responding to their FOIL request and updating DOH’s website with publicly available information," said Gary Holmes, a health department spokesman.

Last week, New York State Attorney General Letitia James released a report saying that nursing home coronavirus deaths had been undercounted by Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration by as much as 50%.

On Mar. 25, the New York Health Department released a directive ordering nursing homes to accept and readmit patients that had tested positive for COVID-19, a move for which Cuomo received intense criticism. In July, the Health Department released a report asserting that most of the patients sent back "were no longer contagious when admitted and therefore were not a source of infection."

On Monday, the New York Times reported at least nine senior New York state health officials have resigned from their positions, including the medical director in the division of epidemiology. Cuomo himself, who in the early stages of the pandemic was hailed as a dynamic leader, has been under increasing pressure this year for his policies and decision making as the vaccine rolls out in the Empire State.​

Looks like we will not "vaccinate" away this disease.

More likely we will only reach herd immunity after about 25% of the population gets Covid.

1 in 4 Americans have no intention of getting vaccinated. I know a couple that don't intend to take it. The husband is a Federal Marshall, he will only take it if he is ordered to do so. His wife is pretty much an anti-vaccine person who simply doesn't trust the government and especially does not trust this vaccine.

I agree with much of what you wrote but disagree with some points. I think they are closer to finding treatments and in fact there are some treatments used in some areas of the world that seem to be pretty good, while other areas of the world don't use those same treatments. Vitamin D seems to have a dramatic ability to alter the course of this disease's affect on the human body but it seems to be totally overlooked by some nations while other nations seem to be pushing the use of this cheap and available vitamin.

I totally agree that the urban dwellers may want to rethink priorities and lifestyles, but I doubt many of them will do so. Certainly some have have fled cities like New York, Chicago and San Fran. But those cities were already losing populations, it was just that Covid gave the incentive to leave to those who were already predisposed to flee for other reasons.

And yes, we do have to figure out how to get on with our lives as best as we can.

===========================================

Rather than posting some new innovation (I haven't seen any) or additional news about the vaccine rollout (not going fast enough) I thought this was a good story. And it is finally making news in some mainstream media too. NY Governor Cuomo was heralded as a model of hot a good leader should lead during much of this pandemic, he was typically compared to the horrible Republican governors of several states (Florida, Texas, etc). All the while we were posting about the nursing home deaths that were ignored by mainstream media. Glad to see that people are finally being held accountable for the government created genocide that occurred in the NY nursing homes.

Video at the link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-new-york-turn-over-nursing-covid-statistics

New York ordered to turn over nursing home COVID-19 death statistics

| February 03, 2021 04:10 PM​
A New York Supreme Court justice is ordering the state to turn over its data on coronavirus-caused deaths in nursing homes.
Justice Kimberly A. O'Connor released her decision on Wednesday, concluding that the state violated the law by not providing a reasonable date for when it could turn over the information to Empire Center for Public Policy, the group that requested it. New York will now have to turn over the data within five business days.​
The conservative think tank filed a request for the information in August, but when the state delayed the request, they filed a lawsuit in September.​
"DOH has had ample time to respond to Empire Center's FOIL request," O'Connor said. "Its continued failure to provide petitioner a response, given the straightforward nature of the request, how the data is collected and maintained, and the fact that some of the requested data has already been made publicly available without personally identifying information, goes against FOIL's broad standard of open and transparent government and is a violation of the statute."​
"With the preliminary audit complete, we were already in the process of responding to their FOIL request and updating DOH’s website with publicly available information," said Gary Holmes, a health department spokesman.​
Last week, New York State Attorney General Letitia James released a report saying that nursing home coronavirus deaths had been undercounted by Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration by as much as 50%.
On Mar. 25, the New York Health Department released a directive ordering nursing homes to accept and readmit patients that had tested positive for COVID-19, a move for which Cuomo received intense criticism. In July, the Health Department released a report asserting that most of the patients sent back "were no longer contagious when admitted and therefore were not a source of infection."​
On Monday, the New York Times reported at least nine senior New York state health officials have resigned from their positions, including the medical director in the division of epidemiology. Cuomo himself, who in the early stages of the pandemic was hailed as a dynamic leader, has been under increasing pressure this year for his policies and decision making as the vaccine rolls out in the Empire State.​
I agree with investing in therapeutics that can ease the symptoms, there are already some but we could use more, the point of my post was that its not going away and we are going to learn how to live with it, and where you live can effect how you do that.

5- Accept the fact that we didn't ask for it or can change it and likely will be the leading cause of death in folks with medical issues from now on.

6- Get on with life the best you can.
My .02
Yup.
Just like the regular flu.

Again I'm predicting this thing called COVID-19 which turned the world upside down is going to miraculously become not such a thing within a few months.
We're all going to be vaccinated.
Next year a component of covid will be safely a part of our regular flu jabs.

I agree with investing in therapeutics that can ease the symptoms, there are already some but we could use more, the point of my post was that its not going away and we are going to learn how to live with it, and where you live can effect how you do that.
Not therapeutics!

Actual treatments. Actual preventatives.

Vitamin D3 may prevent Covid. Vitamin D is known to reduce the severity (not just symptoms but actual disease and most Americans and Europeans are V D deficient.

ivermectin may be a cure.

Hydroxycloriqin, if used EARLY, may be a cure or may reduce the severity or is at least an effective treatment and may be a preventative in low doses. If used late and in high doses actually makes things worse.

We got our first shots today and let me say that I was impressed by the efficiency of the whole operation. We had a 6 pm appointment. We got there 10 minutes early and were back in the car park at 6:15 pm and that included the 15 minute observation period. It doesn't get much slicker than that.

We got the Pfizer vaccine and an appointment for the second shot on the 24th of Feb. I've had no reaction to the shot at all. My wife, who faints at the sight of a needle, says that she didn't even feel it but her arm feels tired, not sore, just tired.

As far as supplements go, I was vitamin D deficient and have been taking a D3 capsule every day along with a multivitamin for a long time. That amounts to almost 400% of the recommended daily dosage of Vitamin D along with the other recommended minerals that are supposed to alleviate or prevent COVID and its symptoms. I don't know if it worked or not but so far I am COVID free ... I think.

Not therapeutics!

Actual treatments. Actual preventatives.

Vitamin D3 may prevent Covid. Vitamin D is known to reduce the severity (not just symptoms but actual disease and most Americans and Europeans are V D deficient.

ivermectin may be a cure.

Hydroxycloriqin, if used EARLY, may be a cure or may reduce the severity or is at least an effective treatment and may be a preventative in low doses. If used late and in high doses actually makes things worse.
I agree with that also,Vitamin D deficiency can cause all kinds of problems. An industrial store I shop at, the sales man there suddenly became wheelchair bound with the diagnosis of MS. 3 months later is walking around. He told me in the end it was a vitamin D deficiency. So yes anything that can be done to treat it both before and after getting it. Because its never going away completely.

Last edited:
I can't guarantee the accuracy of this picture but I came across this on Facebook. The post claimed that this was the result of getting the vaccination.
FB_IMG_1612453004519.jpg