• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

AWESOME Picture Thread II

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Oops. I intended to include where it was but didn’t.
That is Hoover dam.
Thanks. I think I drove by there once back in the 1980s or 1990s. I lived in California for 20 years and Arizona for about 18 months. I know I've been to Vegas, Pahrump, the Grand Canyon, Laughin and other places near there.

Reactions: Doc

Mark1911

GOLD Site Supporter
All hail the Bar-tailed Godwit!

This bird is a champion flyer and once again an individual has broken the world record for the longest continual flight.

This week a juvenile Godwit, just 5 months old, landed in Ansons Bay in northeast Tasmania. It had been tagged in Alaska and departed there on October 13, 2022 before flying non-stop to Tasmania.
Godwits are regular visitors to Tasmania so it’s likely that many undertake a similar flight but it's the first time a tagged bird has flown between Alaska and Tasmania.

This bird flew a minimum of 13,560 km in 11 days 1 hour, that’s an average of over 51kmh continually for those 11 days. And don’t forgot there was no eating, drinking or sleeping during that journey.

7d6uhy545p9b.png
niei16rqx95z.png

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
All hail the Bar-tailed Godwit!

This bird is a champion flyer and once again an individual has broken the world record for the longest continual flight.

This week a juvenile Godwit, just 5 months old, landed in Ansons Bay in northeast Tasmania. It had been tagged in Alaska and departed there on October 13, 2022 before flying non-stop to Tasmania.
Godwits are regular visitors to Tasmania so it’s likely that many undertake a similar flight but it's the first time a tagged bird has flown between Alaska and Tasmania.

This bird flew a minimum of 13,560 km in 11 days 1 hour, that’s an average of over 51kmh continually for those 11 days. And don’t forgot there was no eating, drinking or sleeping during that journey.

7d6uhy545p9b.png
niei16rqx95z.png
So he landed with the tray table up and the seat in the upright position?

But no seatbelt!

Gary O'

I took a lot of pics when living up at our cabin
Most times running out in my bed shorts in the wee hours of a winter morn

Here's a few I cherish

fire on the mountain.jpg 100.jpg

favorite.jpg

framed orb.jpg

This one was assisted by an amateur photog
He dictated the settings and timing
Capturing the moon, turns out, is no snapshot
The horizon gives one a better opportunity for success

full moon.jpg

some, I put words to

morning glory 100.jpg

words and pic.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Armour–Stiner House is an octagon-shaped and domed Victorian-style house located at 45 West Clinton Avenue in Irvington, in Westchester County, New York. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1976. It is the only known fully domed octagonal residence. The house was modeled after Donato Bramante’s 1502 Tempietto in Rome, which in turn was based on a Tholos, a type of ancient classical temple. This house is open for tours.

AwesomePic2022-31.jpg

Gary O'

Can't remember if I posted this here

But, it resurrected on another site;

While living at our mountain cabin, most evenings I'd step out just to view the night sky

Sometimes taking the Nikon

Clouds do funny things at night when there's a big moon

One evening, after downloading the pics, I noticed something a bit unsettling

The night sky appeared to be watching me,

watch it

night vision.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Moses Bridge, Netherlands : Walking Through Water.

AwesomePic2022-35.jpg

More info and pics: