• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got home from a long day of coaching. Dehydrated and hungry. Sparkling water + 2 Scot Peterson "Red Hot" sausages, on white bread (no buns in the house) and topped with pepper relish. And a bit of bourbon.

Made the mistake of eating both red hots, then taking a shot of bourbon for a chaser. The red hots are SPICY HOT and the bourbon simply doubled the intensity of the spices! Not a good combo. Feels like I have fire in my gut.

Mark1911

GOLD Site Supporter
We did a couple pork shoulders on the Traeger today. Got them on at 5:30am, and they both hit 204° at about 4pm. I always cook 2, shred them up and vacuum seal about 10 quart bags to freeze. They make great quick and easy dinners down the road - each bag makes 5-6 good sized sandwiches.

2B3A5891-9A61-4783-A3C1-D623D733AE0D.jpeg
748B48D0-BA05-4A35-8C77-92F4140CFE5F.jpeg

Goofball

I have salad dressed in extra virgin olive oil and a not of lemon juice with feta cheese everyday to increase fats and reduce carbs.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had the last of a beef, green beans and peppers stir fry thing.
It made a bunch.
Shared some with my nice neighbour lady.
😊

IMG_20231024_155554648_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231024_161613174_HDR.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made some pan fried cod with a Lebanese rice that has cinnamon, garlic and onion.
I put some Chick-fil-A Polynesian sauce on the fish, because my son Ty suggested it saying it's awesome on fried fish.
It was.😁

IMG_20231104_163551280.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Recently I've experimented with the Japanese Chaliapin method of cooking steaks.
It's onions chopped and salt rubbed on/marinated before you cook them.
Then you let them rest after.
The idea is that it produces a perfect tender steak.
Well, it works 😉

Tonight I had wings, celery and blue cheese dip, because the weather sucks and myself and some friends had to cancel our dinner plans at a Mexican restaurant.

IMG_20240101_154451354.jpg
IMG_20240102_155443635.jpg
IMG_20240112_164208175.jpg

Venison Stroganoff that my husband made. But my husband said he made it from 2 recipes; mine and someone else's recipe which he found online. The photo I'm uploading, is the one I shared on the recipe website Just-A-Pinch.

Attachments

• Venison Stroganoff_.JPG
    Venison Stroganoff_.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 17

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The clock is ticking and I have no idea.
It has to be something everyone will eat.
It cannot be pork. Two people are allergic.
It cannot have MSG, so pre-prepared is out.
One refuses to eat poultry.
However, I would like something different than Spaghetti, steaks, Chili, macaroni and hot dogs.

I am beginning to understand why Housewives go crazy

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got lots of a spiral ham left from Christmas that's been hanging out in the freezer, I've been trying to use it up.
I cut a steak off so will be having that, roasted acorn squash, and green beans almondine.
I try to cook for one meal at a time, lots of times I make a batch of something, then either freeze or share it with some friendly neighbours, or my starving oldest single son lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Stir fried Teriyaki chicken. And/Or General Chow's Chicken, complements of my granddaughter.

Pray for me....; :unsure: