• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took a couple of my Foil fencers to compete at Purdue University. I coach there on alternate Sundays so I frequently take advanced high school kids down for extra practice.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Over the week-end we sold our company.

Yippee!

Actually, we sold a majority of the assets to a strategic partner company right here in town.

They wanted one of our exclusive technologies and to get it they bought us out.

I have a month of transition. Heavy work, with tight deadlines, to get the move done. Then, perhaps,,,, Some Flyfishing.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Yippee!

Actually, we sold a majority of the assets to a strategic partner company right here in town.

I have a month of transition. Heavy work, with tight deadlines, to get the move done. Then, perhaps,,,, Some Flyfishing.
Glad it all worked out for you.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday I was coaching fencing at Purdue University.

Today we drove Kobe to be with his grandparents. I dropped off the lovely Mrs_Bob shortly afterwards to meet up with her sister. Then I went to the grocery store. Arrive back home and cut up some squash, sautéed some italian sausage and put together a dish that will be eaten later for dinner after it roasts in the oven.

Fencing club tonight.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter

Yippee!

I have a month of transition. Heavy work, with tight deadlines, to get the move done. Then, perhaps,,,, Some Flyfishing. Of events.

Nice torn off events!
Now get that blow boat ready for use before May, so you can enjoy it this summer!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Normal crap, chores, paperwork and fabricating a pole for my starlink to mount on. Its setting in the yard now. I am impressed with it so far. I had Hughes Net first, total crap. Then Verizon hot spot, 1/2 the month it woked

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Trip to the border to pick up my replacement plow pump this morning then I started working on the electrical for the kitchen renovation project so I can move the refrigerator over.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
USA Collegiate Fencing Championships is this weekend. Saturday was the Individual event. Today is the Team event. I'm coaching the Purdue fencing team. Yesterday's results were pretty good. Got a girl into the Top 16 for Saber, which is a big accomplishment. She has been fencing with me for just her second season. Big disappointment for our top Saber guy, he was just fencing badly and finished only in the top 1/2 of the event. He is a past winner of the midwest region and was expected to be a serious medal contender at this national event. 2 other boys did pretty well. The other squads had some great results too, and some disappointments. Today is teams, the pressure is lower, the team should do pretty well.

339418123_173238808933548_5548656798014782351_n.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Built a base for our washer and dryer to sit on so I don't have to get down on my freaking knees to switch laundry over. I found an almost full can of paint leftover from the bathroom renovation last year so I used that for the base. The front is an oak paneling I had strips of in the garage. I installed a plastic trim around the edge to keep the washing machine from walking away.
20230402_135421.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Built a base for our washer and dryer to sit on so I don't have to get down on my freaking knees to switch laundry over. I found an almost full can of paint leftover from the bathroom renovation last year so I used that for the base. The front is an oak paneling I had strips of in the garage. I installed a plastic trim around the edge to keep the washing machine from walking away.
View attachment 163607

Turned out alright. Next is something to block stuff from falling behind. I'm picturing something hanging down on a piano hinge that swings up allowing access to the taps behind.

20230402_185730.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So the USA CFC National Championship Fencing Tournament event is still going on, way past the scheduled end of the event.

But, SARAH (6th Women's Epee), ERIC (10th Men's Foil), ANYA (13th Women's Saber), KAYLA (15th Women's Foil) for their individual accomplishments.

Team Men's Saber (7th), Team Men's Foil (13th) . . . and while results are still coming in, but it looks like Team Women's Saber is somewhere between 9-16th and Team Women's Epee is Top 16 but since we are so far behind schedule we could end up in the Top 8 for a medal in Women's Epee.

There are some disappointments. But some of the kids did really well.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Women's Epee finished between 5th and 8th. Waiting for the final tally but that is a strong showing for Purdue's Women's Epee!

That gives us 2 squads inside the Top 8, and two squads in the Top 16.

4 squads in the top 16 could be strong enough to put the entire team into the 8 overall??? Awaiting results. Not ruling out a full team trophy at this point.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Weather warmed up to seasonal temperatures this weekend after it stopped raining Friday. 65 today. Looks like sunny skies for at least 10 days without rain. Next week there are some days in the 70's. No more rain sheets or winter blankets to put on and off the horses everyday. Started putting up movable electric fences to graze the horses today. When I let the pony out, he thought he got loose, took off running. I don't know where he thought he was going but he was going there full blast until he saw the wire, then turned around on a dime and bolted in the other direction. When he saw the wire again he started bucking an kicking, then I shooed him back in his pasture. Funniest thing I have seen in a while. Wish I had been quick enough to video it. Tomorrow we go to my daughters for Easter. Happy Easter to everyone.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day pulling longair hoses and piping from the ceiling at work.

I had no idea the 100's of feet of air lines we had up there.

Finished removing most everything from the warehouse racks.

Monday, we pack up the shop. Bearings, motors, metal, fasteners, electronics and machine tools. Lathe, welder, mill, etc.

Tuesday, we take down the shop walls and shelving.

By weeks end I hope to have nothing but a 10 HP compressor, some old and obsolete packaging lines and a 48" Seabold flatbed power cutter to remove. 6,500 pounds of iron nobody wants.

My retirement is only weeks away.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Easter everyone.

The lovely missus is taking the kids to church this morning. I'm too exhausted from being awake half the night with severe back pains. I like spring but it sure kicks me in the a$$ with the dampness. It's going to be a balmy 13 Celsius today but we still have around 2ft of snow on the level.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cut the cord today. No more cable. No more internet. Arrrgggg

Wife was trimming around the telephone pole. Cable was loose an in the tal grass. Snipped it.

Cable guy supposed to be here tomorrow. Til the very limited cellular access. Going to be a long night. .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a quiet Easter Monday yesterday. I did get some shelves cut painted and installed in the bathroom downstairs as well as a shelf in our oldest son's bedroom over his desk for a printer. Today I plan on a trip to home depot (my second home lately) for some edge trim for the shelves I cut and installed. That was actually a good light bulb 💡 idea I had for the shelves. Firstly, we had been talking about me cutting some shelves for a while. I was about to carry out an old computer desk to toss out on the next dump run. I took the top and side of the desk after breaking it down and ran it through the table saw to repurpose for the shelves. Then we painted them white to match the built in shelving unit the previous owner had installed but didn't have shelves for it.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
SFA planned for today. Everything is a sopping wet mess outside as the snow has taken a $hit kicking the past couple days. At this rate, another week and most of the snow will be gone.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready for planting crops. My Dad is in the hospital and is fighting an infection. Doesn't look good for him long term.
Thankfully my brother from St Louis is here to be with him daily. His wife passed last November, just as he was planning to retire.
Not spending much time on the net these days. Too much to do.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cutting Stringers and Treads for a Ships ladder to the new attic storage area over the gararge.
This will out the first treads 48" from the 96" high wall.
60 degree angle using 2X8 treated pine.
Treads are 18"wide giving easy steps at 9 " per riser.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
SFA planned for today. Everything is a sopping wet mess outside as the snow has taken a $hit kicking the past couple days. At this rate, another week and most of the snow will be gone.
Same at the work cabin, pictures sent from the yard camera from up there show feet of snow melted off in a week or so. Flooding will soon be a problem in some areas.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Shaping up to be another very busy year, right now I got 6 months of backlog and 3 months to do it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that the knee is getting better, its only been a couple months and a couple to go before its 100% again, but at least I can do things now. Yesterday I put in 50- 7' Tee posts and 400' of 5' welded wire fencing around the back of the house. Plan is somewhere for the dog to go without mauling something and keep the wild out of the garden. Today I am cutting down the weeds in that area with the mower and weed eater.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Glad your knee is getting better. Mom's going in for a new hip next week. My brother just had his done last month. Wow.

Not much going on here this weekend as there's a major storm approaching. It's starting off as sleet and freezing rain followed by a foot of snow. This will be a sloppy wet mess for a week or more as temps return to above freezing.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I went to church this morning and then a conservative meeting this afternoon. They asked me to give them some information I've compiled about human trafficking and what we can to locally, like worked with our local officials and law enforcement. I spoke for about 20 minutes and they were all appreciative.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to church this morning and then a conservative meeting this afternoon. They asked me to give them some information I've compiled about human trafficking and what we can to locally, like worked with our local officials and law enforcement. I spoke for about 20 minutes and they were all appreciative.

We went to church this morning too as we had inside information that our minister of 18 years was announcing her retirement in August. We consider her more of a personal friend than just our minister as my wife has been the church bookkeeper for as many years. She and her husband were walking the Camino last summer when he had a severe stroke. He is doing well and is beginning to be able to speak again and is walking unassisted now using a cane. They deserve to enjoy their remaining time together.