• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Surgery in the morning, check in at 5:30 AM

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My left hand goes numb when I drive with my left hand.. 9 years ago I had the right hand done. That one interfered with my sleep. This left hand how ever does not.
There is a tendon laying across the nerve bundle that enters the base of the hand and goes to the fingers. This tendon is impinging on that nerve bundle reducing the speed and the strength of the signal to the muscles. This will be cut in two. Turns out we don't really need it anyway. I have known it was time for about 4 years now, but put it off. But tomorrow is going to be the day. Carpal Tunnel day... Yipy.... :bonk:

I might be gone for a few days.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Had both mine done around 20 years ago. Mine was so bad that if I wasn't consciously squeezing things they would just drop out of my hand.

You should also get your Thyroid levels checked. That can be a contributor to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

I got my surgeon to do the procedure under local anesthetic so I could watch - it was cool seeing the inside of the wrist. He let me move my fingers while everything was opened up. But that may not be for most people. :sneaky:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My left hand goes numb when I drive with my left hand.. 9 years ago I had the right hand done. That one interfered with my sleep. This left hand how ever does not.
There is a tendon laying across the nerve bundle that enters the base of the hand and goes to the fingers. This tendon is impinging on that nerve bundle reducing the speed and the strength of the signal to the muscles. This will be cut in two. Turns out we don't really need it anyway. I have known it was time for about 4 years now, but put it off. But tomorrow is going to be the day. Carpal Tunnel day... Yipy.... :bonk:

I might be gone for a few days.

Regards, Kirk
My wife has it and is scared to do the surgery, In your words how big of a deal is the whole process? Thanks

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My Mother had both done at the same time.
It's not a big deal.
So how did she wipe herself when going to the bathroom?

It is not a big deal except you give up the use of a hand for a week or two. Really not much pain either.
The result a hand that doesn't go numb is well worth it. If you wait to long the symptoms of the impingement can become permanent.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks she has carpal tunnel in one hand and tendonitis in the other. Sounds like no big deal.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Other than the splint they want you to wear for a week or two the whole procedure is pretty easy. As someone that has had around 10 surgeries to repair various over use related issues this one was one of the easiest.