• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Quotable Quotes

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From the Larry King interview with George and Laura Bush:

George Bush's wife Laura has revealed for the first time how some of Barack Obama's criticism of her husband had hurt her

The First Lady and Mr Bush were being interviewed on the Larry King Live show on CNN to mark the departing president's eight years in power.

Mrs Bush admitted that she took it personally when Mr Obama attacked her husband during last year's election campaign and blamed the economic crisis on his bad management.

Asked if she was angry, she replied: 'Yes, sort of. George didn't really even know about it because he didn't really watch it that much.'

Her husband quickly chipped in, saying: 'So what's new?'

:yum: :yum: :yum: Sure made me laugh.

It's from a uk news source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...m-George-admits-Kanye-West-hurt-feelings.html

Locutus

Banned
We've all heard the criticisms of the Bush-Cheney administration.

In a year or two, it will be interesting to hear what folks think of the Obama bin Biden administration! :w00t2:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Old thread but this fits:
Mark Twain quote. Time has sure proved this to be accurate.

Attachments

• DoNotFearYouEnemy.jpg
    DoNotFearYouEnemy.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 382

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Ol' Mark seldom ever said anything stupid. It's too bad we don't have an equivalent of him or Will rogers in our times today. We just lost the nearest thing to them yesterday!!
Mike

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I just tweeted the Mark Twain quote to cnn and time magazine and told them to read it and believe it.
Mike

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ol' Mark seldom ever said anything stupid. It's too bad we don't have an equivalent of him or Will rogers in our times today. We just lost the nearest thing to them yesterday!!
Mike

Will Rogers is one of my all time favorites.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Charles Krauthammer:
"This is hopeless," he murmured. "There's no rational discussion to be had with people who reject reason because pumping up passions is easier for them."
While in Montreal in the 60's.
Sure fits for how the Dems are acting in the US today. :(

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Quote of the Day ;
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."
- Ziggy

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Here are some I've heard over the years:

"The good part of Phoenix isn't even in Phoenix!" Common saying in Phoenix (and one of my favorites).

"Any publicity is good publicity!" By a cynic who wants publicity.

"No good deed goes unpunished. " Attributed to the Irish (and a favorite of my grandmother).

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me!" By some paranoid person (and a favorite of my friend Joe).

"Sensationalism sells!" By the media no doubt.

"If your not at least a little paranoid in this day and age you're just not thinking . . ." By a prepared man (one my brother's favorites.)

"Lord save me from Doctors, lawyers and priests!"

One of my mother's favorites, (based on an Irish prayer - I'm sure).

Attributed to Will Rogers. "I never met a man I didn't like".

The left off parts:

"But give me awhile and I will learn to hate them."

- Will Rogers -

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Quote of the Day ;
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."
- Carl Sandburg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
“We have a moral responsibility to protect God’s creation for generations to come”
- Nancy Pelosi

Just which generations is she talking about?
Surely not the unborn.
She WAS however talking about those affected by "climate change"
:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away

Maya Babou

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
“The decision to leave election law hidden beneath a shroud of doubt is baffling,” he wrote. “By doing nothing, we invite further confusion and erosion of voter confidence. Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more of us.”

Justice Clarence Thomas

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
In Modern America (sic) we see a society, and particularly its educated elite, lacking the will to impose constraints on the behavior of adolescents. The wisdom of the ages teaches otherwise. Children, adolescents, and adults all need constraints of various kinds — guardrails, in the words of a famous Wall Street Journal editorial. Everyone likes to have a good time, but most people come to recognize that happiness and satisfaction come not so much from the enjoyment of pleasure as from the performance of duty. A life without constraints is not a dream but a nightmare.

Michael Barone