• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prayer request for our forum rock, Jim.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya at this point its all we can do :(

Have you tried to call where he is and get an update PG?
I said I KNOW where he is, like the type of facility where he is.
Which one I do not know.
I've had a lot of forum members both on this and another asking me about Jim.
I believe after last speaking to him he's at that point in his life where illness and livelihood are waaaaay more important than being on an internet forum.
He's given us a lot of years here.
Now let US give him peace, quiet and contentment without the constant wondering about any news.
Jim knows what's going on.
Let's stop thinking about if or when he's going to suddenly appear again.
Remember him with love, ok?
Last time we talked, he expressed that he sure loves and misses us.

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Rejoice, for he has touched our lives and brought joy and laughter!! Give praise, that his pain has finally ended and his beautiful memories continue as long as we share them. I give thanks for his life and all he did for the many he knew, and for his final release from these earthly bonds.....

I shed a tear for I wish miss him, he was always kind to me......go with God and know true peace in His arms.

God bless,
Tony

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim Jim Jim ... I'm going to miss you buddy. The forums will never be the same without you.
You were always ready to help,
You gave and gave some more.
You were a friend to many in time of need. I am so sorry we had no way to communicate with you during the past couple of months. I do hope you see how much you meant to so many of us here on FF. Rest in Peace buddy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a link to Jim's Obit.

There is a place for those of us who want can sign his memory book.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The guy owes me a beer from a long ago post I have since forgotten.
Hopefully I can collect it and later. And perhaps we can all share an in person meet we never had the chance to do.

Fair winds friend and, if you can, put in a good word for your friends down here. We could use the help and miss your additions to our lives.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had some time to compose myself but that was news that I didn't want to hear.

Jim and I weren't bosom buddies. We communicated a couple of times a year and I considered us to be friends.

I think that Doc said it best when he wrote, "You were a friend to many in time of need". I know that for a fact. We had 3 hurricanes come off the Gulf this year and run right up the Texas- Louisiana border. Jim lived about 175 miles from me so he knew pretty much where we were situated. Before every one Jim was contacting me saying that if we needed to evacuated he had a spare bedroom that we could use. Someone who is willing to throw open their home to a stranger is indeed a friend, a goof friend. I never needed to take him up on his offers of hospitality but just knowing that it was an option was a comfort.

Darn it Jim, I'm going to miss you.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night, as I read this thread, I considered attending the funeral. Nine hour drive from St Louis. Jim, a good friend to all of us here , would be worth the effort and the time.. However, the wife reminded me of my plans to be in Indiana on business. I'm not sure I can squeeze both trips in.
Therefore I would like to send a floral arrangement and include all my friends here on FF. Most of us have never seen any of one another, but we are a family. Sorta.

If there are no objections, I will do that today.

"On behalf of all your friends on Forums Forums, rest in peace Jim."

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Therefore I would like to send a floral arrangement and include all my friends here on FF. Most of us have never seen any of one another, but we are a family. Sorta.

If there are no objections, I will do that today.

"On behalf of all your friends on Forums Forums, rest in peace Jim."

Thank you for doing that Franc.

We intend to send a donation to the library in Henrietta in memory of Jim.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems that Jim is not being laid out for a wake . So instead of flowers, I have chosen to have 50 trees planted in his honor.

A card will be sent to the family and the grove will have his name marked.

"In loving memory of James "Jim" Slagle
On behalf of all your friends on Forums Forums, rest in peace.

This memory tree planting will be noted in the Legacy Guest Book.

I hope this is acceptable to everyone.

Ceee

Site Supporter
It seems that Jim is not being laid out for a wake . So instead of flowers, I have chosen to have 50 trees planted in his honor.

A card will be sent to the family and the grove will have his name marked.

"In loving memory of James "Jim" Slagle
On behalf of all your friends on Forums Forums, rest in peace.

This memory tree planting will be noted in the Legacy Guest Book.

I hope this is acceptable to everyone.
I really like that idea. Flowers just die and have to be thrown away, but a memory tree planting will be something that can live forever.
You are a very generous man.
I responded to his passing on NCT, so I'm not going to repeat. I will surely miss him though.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I really like that idea. Flowers just die and have to be thrown away, but a memory tree planting will be something that can live forever.
You are a very generous man.
I responded to his passing on NCT, so I'm not going to repeat. I will surely miss him though.
I agree. Cut flowers are for the living. I always prefer live plants for funerals. I still have about 15, that were sent to honor my father in law, growing in my sunroom and greenhouse.
Live plants with cut flowers inserted are a good compromise. The flowers fade but you still have the greenery.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, Franc!! If you feel a need for donations for the trees don't hesitate to let us know. I know you said no money needed but just want to throw that out there.
Thanks for the offer but as I said, this is not about money at all. I cannot accept it.

Sentiments are a currency I do accept. thanks for yours and that of many others.

I also accept free advice
Free criticism
And free beer

For the record, Jim was not a "greenie" but a sensible advocate of healthy, respectful living within the environment. I think the tree grove is fitting of him and his spirit.