• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

mom

wanderer

concern is that the damn cancer is back.
ct scan today doc is on wednesday.
she has had a really rare infection, took them almost a year to figure it out. has had a port in her arm for about 2 months for antibiotics.
will share the full story sometime.

for now, for those who pray, will ya?

I hate being this far away....
(she's in MN)

thanks.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thoughts and prayers on the way. Best wishes.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
God bless .................... this is sounding very familiar ........... :neutral:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Best wishes and prayers from here as well...and yes this does sound too familiar......

Best regards, Kirk

wanderer

yeah. i hate cancer. it has been an ongoing theme with too many loved ones.
weary of this shitass disease.

thank you guys.
appreciate far more than i can say.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Prayers and understanding for all. It takes one person but affects many.:flowers:

Leni

Prayers and good thoughts from me also. Daughter had a brain cancer at 17. She's now 46. You can beat it. Tell your mom to hang tough. :flowers:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We'd let ya ;)
Who's that beautiful elderly darling next to you in your avatar?
One of the people you care for?

wanderer

that is my buddy wolfgang. he lives at the senior highrise I worked at back home.
he lived across from one of my gals I did take care of. we would often eat dinner with him, and he and I became friends.
I always did Christmas dinners, hodgepodge of guests...more friends than family and an occasional stranger...wolfgang came once and was there every year after!

good guy.

wanderer

mom's appointment cancelled due to doc's family emergency.
will update as I am.

Truly, thanks again guys.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The waiting and not knowing is harder than the disease at times.

wanderer

The waiting and not knowing is harder than the disease at times.

yeah it sure is.

thanks baldy, tje, ohiot and anyone else I missed.
don't mean to miss, brain is just a bit frazzled.

appreciate you all more than I can say.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well you can know you are not alone as this plays out. I am fortunate that the folks at the local cancer center are some of the nicest, most caring people in healthcare I ever encountered. It is such a change I was a little leery of them at first.

wanderer

yeah, mum has some awesime docs. her cancer doc, well I will love that man forever. when this all started in 2008, he just was incredible. he listened to her, never rushed her and when there were/are mix ups or screw ups he stepped/steps in. so despite it all, major blessings abounded.