• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whats your weather like right now?

jillcrate

Here its sunny and pretty nice out...... I would say about 15 or so.......

Supposed to be nice the next week,I do hope so.........

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Partly sunny and supposed to get up to almost 50 degrees today.

Currently in the low 30's with frost on the ground.

Temps should drop sharply toward dusk, possible light snow this eventing and into the morning.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
About 38(F) here. Sleet, rain and turning to light snow tonight.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
33 F here. It's been raining all day. The rain is suppose to turn to snow around midnight when the temperature goes below freezing (32 F) and until morning. They are saying 3-5 inches of snow. We'll see.

olivegirl

The weather in my city is terrible. It rains all day. Outside the window is damp and unpleasant. It's only 4 degrees C warm there. I decided to stay home for work today because I had no desire to go outside. And the saddest thing is that such weather should last at least a week. And I have already planned a trip to nature for the weekend. Now I'm worried that I'll spend my weekend under a blanket. In any case, I hope for the best.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
tempImagevaMSOd.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you have more snow than us.
Measured official snowfall from Jan 15 to Feb 15 on Chicago's northside (O'Hare Airport) was 38" in 30 days. On the city's southside (Midway Airport) it was 40" of snow during the same 30 day period. There is no "official" snowfall amount for rural Lake County, IN where I live but I have to suspect it is in the same range as those Chicago measurements. There were a few snowfalls where we got more than the city, a few when we got less than the city.

It has also been frigid here. Temps have been averaging the single digits (F) per 24 hour measurement. Below 0(F) at night. Some days making it into the teens (F). So well below freezing.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
St louis suffers the worst heat in June. July is usually milder. This year was the opposite. We had rain most everyday in June, and July is blistering. Yesterday we hit101 F. I have trailers parked at the dock which exceeded 130 F inside. Not fun to load them.

Today is cooler and the weekend looks better. I'm planning on laying shingles in the morning hours come Saturday and Sunday. My only problem is the July heat has me completely tuckered out.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, I'm having the same problem with the heat. Since the rain stopped we've been running around 95° and humid as all get out. I've been forcing myself to go outside and work and taking any opportunity to goof off. I know that I'll only last about 2 or 3 hours and then have to call it a day and head inside exhausted and soaked. Old age hasn't only caught up with me but it's passed me and heading for the horizon. Getting old sucks.

P.S. It hasn't hit 100 yet but we've still got August to go.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have had high heat and high humidity.

Temps and humidity both broke, turned off the AC at 6am and it remains off. Beautiful weather today, nice cool sleeping weather tonight with the windows on the house wide open.

Tomorrow should be very nice, the lovely Mrs_Bob and I plan to ride our motorcycles to breakfast. The destination is almost an hour away. Should make for a very nice morning.

The heat and humidity will eventually return but we will take advantage of the few nice days we have!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool and very wet.

I was planning on starting the roof re-shingle. Not happening today. Tomorrow promises to be cloudy and relatively cool.

I did get started but then the rains came. Spent most of this morning on the porch with coffees and the wife birdwatching.

With the light rain comes worms to the surface, So we watched Appleton feast. She grew another plate on her shell so it appears she has recovered from her traumas. It's fun to watch her race around the yard. Never thought I would be so interested in a box turtle.

The kids adore her and she actually comes to them hoping they have a fresh blackberry.

Ah the simple pleasures of what we euphemistically call my retirement.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
January thaw here in the low 40's. The snow that is left are the drifts from Christmas blizzard. Those 3 days of winds moved the black
soil from the fields and mixed it with the snow. Black snow drifts are all we have left for snow now.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This weekend, I am staying home to work on House projects. Weather to be downright balmy at 40% F to 60%F

Next weekend, plans are for Hippie Ridge. Weather is supposed to be in single digits.

Go figure.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's a beautiful day with a cloudless sky and temps in the upper 40s. It's supposed to get up to 60°F which will be good as I have stuff to get done before the rain starts for the next 4 days.

Kevers

Solid 26 degrees right now. Going into the negatives several days over the next week though (Minnesota don't ya know).