• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whats your weather like right now?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, there's no mosquitoes. So that's a good thing. I guess.

It's a balmy -25 celcius. The sun is shining. My nuts are freezing. I just went down to the garage to check the air pressure on my tires and damn near froze my fingertips.😡

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So far, and the sun is shining.

IMG_20240119_112455502.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Drove Walter the little terrier into town to get a clip and bath.

In town for about 10 minutes and saw a low speed accident at a stop light. Dude's bumper fell off a newish GM(?) SUV and was laying in the street in front of his vehicle. Guess they don't make them like they used to.

Roads really aren't that bad, but the light snow is packing and making slick spots. 11(F) outside. Salted areas seem to have melted enough snow to turn it slushy but not get rid of it and that mixes with the blowing/drifting snow to make lots of slipping and sliding.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Drove Walter the little terrier into town to get a clip and bath.

In town for about 10 minutes and saw a low speed accident at a stop light. Dude's bumper fell off a newish GM(?) SUV and was laying in the street in front of his vehicle. Guess they don't make them like they used to.

Roads really aren't that bad, but the light snow is packing and making slick spots. 11(F) outside. Salted areas seem to have melted enough snow to turn it slushy but not get rid of it and that mixes with the blowing/drifting snow to make lots of slipping and sliding.
No, they do not make them like they used to. Everything is made of plastic these days. And plastic gets very brittle in the cold.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
-19 celcius with a -29 windchill. Ah shaddup 🤬 The frostbite on the fingertips within minutes outside is getting old quick. I went down to check the air on the tires on one of the vehicles yesterday and damn near froze my fingertips. Trying to heat the garage with wood is just too much work to head down and get anything done.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Beautiful sunny day in East Texas. The temperature is struggling to make it above freezing by noon. The dusting of snow that we had all disappeared on Thursday but all the water running off the roof hit the ground and refroze. The house was surrounded by a sheet of ice for more than a day but it's all clear now. We have the same pattern for the next three days with the temperature in the 30s during the day and below freezing at night and then it gets warmer with rain forecast.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally starting to warm up. A balmy -13 celcius now. I haven't been able to use my outdoor hot tub all week due to the cold. My back is feeling it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
0(F) this morning at 8am

Supposed to climb up to 12(F)

Looks like we will have some sunshine today, that should brighten the moods of people.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Been raining every Wednesday and every weekend for a month and no relief in sight. It is the rainy season and we need the water. Its been just shy of 60 during the day and mid 40's at night. It has snowed the cabin several times, only to be melted offf by rain on other days. You could still drive up there. First time since owning the place its not snowed in at this time of year.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading towards above freezing today. The white stuff on our cars and the ground will disappear. Just in time for the Ice Storm looming in the overnite forecast.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I woke up to Ice this morning. Everything coated in it.

Rush Hour Traffic is bad today.

GM closed first shift at their Wentzville plant.

The company I use for my packaging/printing had four of 16-day shift employees show up.
I'm staying home today because there is nothing I can do without the employees being there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We ended up getting about 6" of snow overnight. It's -4 celcius. I was out plowing snow. We normally have about 3ft of snow by now.

20240122_081343.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Light snow overnight.

29(F) degrees and RAIN right now.

Supposed to switch to FREEZING RAIN later today, with hazardous travel this evening.

The rain is melting the snow, despite the fact that it is below freezing. So we should have mud that freezes later too.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another day. Another highway closure heading west due to multiple accidents and a fatality. I had a feeling something was going to happen yesterday as the temperatures warm up and it was freezing rain. I went to the city yesterday with full heat on the windshield to keep ice from forming. That, accompanied by the liquid salt on the highway that instantly dries creating a thick layer of film on your headlights reducing visibility and it's not surprising. The crap they've been using up here on the roads in the winter is terrible. It melts the snow and ice but stays as a brown soupy mess on the highway creating a thick layer on your windshield and headlights. It's actually more dangerous now than in years past when then salt sand mixture was dry on the roads.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cold ( 41%F) and drizzle rain.

Everything outside is wet and gooey. The house, OTOH, is warm and dry.
So, I'm staying in.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We are going to hit 79%F today.

Plan was to start and carry 60 bundles of shingles up on the roof.
However,
I am laid up with an ear infection. It has my balance off.
( I know, I'm always off)
So I think I'll pass.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wtf is up with the weather. I had a reminder that 3 years ago it was -30 celcius. Today...+3. What little snow we have is melting and creating a mess everywhere.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wtf is up with the weather. I had a reminder that 3 years ago it was -30 celcius. Today...+3. What little snow we have is melting and creating a mess everywhere.
Ha, We were at 65%F today and the mud was everywhere.

We'll attempt the shingle loading Saturday

I have 68 bundles of shingles that weigh 120Lbs each.

Whew I'm tired just thinking about it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday....+6 Celsius with sunshine. A deep cold front came in from the north overnight dropping us to -16 with a -25 windchill.

We had nothing for snow this winter. My snowmobiles have not left the trailer. We has a storm come in dropping a few inches after Christmas but that's mostly gone. Normally we have 3ft+ at this time of year.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
23(F) with sunshine. Supposed to be fairly cold all day.
IMG_1007.jpeg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Supposed to be around 80°F with a cloudless sky and what's more important ... no wind. The wind has been blowing at 20-30 mph with higher gusts all week so I had to cancel my spraying. I can get started back to work today if I can remember where I left off. :)

Ross 650

Site Supporter
We got a little snow overnight.
Warmer, thunderstorms next Wednesday, maybe severe.
Howdy Lollie, I remember the snow in Ohio the year that I lived there. I got there in November and left there December the next year. It was snowing when I got there and was snowing when I left there.