What's for Dinner Tonight?

Ironman

Leftover turkey jambalaya

DA5096DD-BC96-4D04-B764-F8A96026DB13.jpeg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just tossed a large rack of pork ribs into the INSTANT POT. The ribs cook for about 30 minutes but it takes about 15 to get the pressure up to cooking temp/pressure and then they sit for about 10 more minutes before I release the pressure. So in total the ribs will be in the pressure cooker for about 1 hour.

There is a bottle of Guiness Extra Stout that I poured into the pressure pot. Then a rack and then the dry rubbed ribs onto top of the rack above the Guiness.

After taking them out of the Instant Pot they will go onto a sheet pan, get brushed with some BBQ sauce, and will go under the broiler for a few minutes to caramelize the sauce. Served with some garlic bread and some skillet fried potatoes and that will be our dinner tonight!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Store bought bake & serve rolls dressed with better, granulated garlic and a dash of mustard along with a side of homemade pickled onions, peppers and pickles were added to the ribs and skillet potatoes.

Attachments

• 2C4DFA82-C9C2-424C-BC1B-42FBAC0D5961.jpeg
    2C4DFA82-C9C2-424C-BC1B-42FBAC0D5961.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 48

Ironman

I thought about smoking my ribs but it’s raining/sleeting outside and I’m just too damn lazy to mess with the smoker in crappy weather.

Just curious but how long do you smoke a meatloaf?
I go by temp, not time. It’s been 4 hours @ 225*F and is at 145 internal temp, I wanna go to 165ish. It’s about a 4 # loaf, lol, so I estimate 4.5 hours.

it’s been raining all day, and I was chilled out on the recliner... but I had 3#’s of ground beef to use up, and I’m a tight ass, so....

jillcrate

I had Corn dogs tonight :)

Thankfully they dont seem to be bothering me.. (They arent Organic and l havent had them for along time (I have been eating nothing but organic for a few years now as I started having stomach issues with convential food (GMO food specifically))

Ironman

Sous vide USDA prime aged steaks.
I remember asking about the best steak one could find one day a long time ago and Waybomb said go find a dry aged steak, in a nutshell. He was right.
8192DF6F-411E-47F3-9AB0-E055353A127F.jpeg
325DC8A6-BBDA-460E-B764-1F803583F090.jpeg
EB0FF179-3276-4DB5-A09C-F68E821107A2.jpeg

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waybomb knows food like few ever do. He suggested 16 year old cheese to me, and by gosh he was right!!!
He knows his Scotch whiskey as well.... ;)

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

Infirmière Essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
There once was a man called Joe Bury...

Who made awesome hamburgers.
I know, because I made them for dinner.

20210205_171229.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That does look like a tasty burger.

We are having an assortment of Chinese take out.

olivegirl

I’m making a salad with chicken. I try to eat properly. I lost a little weight during quarantine in spring. I think it's because I had more time and I was more attentive to my nutrition. But at the end of the summer I returned to my usual way of life, so I gained 4 kg. But now it's lockdown, and I plan to monitor my diet again. I liked my body in the summer, I want it back. But it’s difficult when your family continuing eating cakes, burgers, pasta and you just look at that and think “I want it too”.