• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made taco boats, using these.
http://www.tacoboats.com/Products/shells-tortillas/Soft Tortilla Taco Boats.aspx

Filled with Spanish rice, corn and topped with Casa Fiesta cheese sauce, shredded lettuce and tomato at the end.
It made 8.
I had 2 then shared the others with neighbour friends, who in return invited me to stay for dessert.. French vanilla ice cream and strawberries.

Later sat on the patio but it got far too chilly with the NW winds we've been experiencing all day.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Gonna put the finishing touches on a neighbor Huaqvarna 51 , the go up to another neighbor and help change injectors on an old Massey Fergeson .

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
company is soon to be here, & spoke to my doctor; she gave me lab results; my minerals need adjusting-- dammit~

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
company is soon to be here, & spoke to my doctor; she gave me lab results; my minerals need adjusting-- dammit~

Take care of yourself, little sistah.
There is only one of you out there.
:smile:

I'll be working today thru Monday.
2-10p.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Bus trip to get my hair cut -
Am I a scaredy cat or just cautious?

I took the bus to get my hair cut this morning, before it was so blasted hot. After I had gotten my hair cut, since I needed some groceries, I popped into a store near there.
They had cloth bags for sale real cheap so I got a couple of them to carry my stuff home.
I got to the bus stop and a couple of loons came up and sat by me.
They started talking trash trying to one up each other.
Maybe I am a scaredy cat but when they ask if I had an "extra bus pass" and I thought one said he wanted to take my groceries and run off with them I moved and stood over by a palm tree about 15 feet a way to wait for the bus
I think that being scared is kind of a natural thing so we won't get our head's bashed in.
Really I was concerned that they would grab my groceries and run out in the road with them. No more idiots and no more groceries. In retrospect maybe it would be worth it to get rid of an idiot or 2. Still I had a good steak in 1 bag I didn't want to lose.
I then walked over in the shade of a palm tree about 15 feet away to wait until the bus arrived.
I saw a young woman pushing a baby carriage she was heading in their direction.
Like all idiots they had been talking trash about what they had done and what they wanted to do to women.
I told her those guys are crazy don't go by there I'm serious. Maybe she thought I was crazy but she cut through parking lot to get by. I didn't want her to be harassed by a couple of jerks.
If I had been there and they started that crap my first thought would have been to want to stop them. I probably would have gotten my butt kicked and tossed in the street.

Then when the bus came they argued with the bus driver until he let at least 1 of them ride free.
Guess the driver thought since the bus fare didn't come out of his pocket it was better to just let them ride free.
So anyway - chicken or not - a woman wasn't harassed by a couple of jerks and I got home with my steak.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a good day at work, but a co-worker nurse friend of mine didn't.
Suffice it to say, not everyone is cut out to work in a nursing facility.
I'm glad I was on the east wing today.
She had to put up with shenanigans and insubordination.
That aide will see his last paycheck next Thursday.
Bye!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Took my electric smoker for its second test drive.

Last week I did four chicken quarters. They turned out well but it took a lot longer than I thought. They were well cooked, moist and smoky but it was a light smoke. It wasn't as heavy as I'm used to with Big Bertha. The flavor wasn't outstanding but that was my fault. I didn't really prep the meat as I was more interested in how the thing would cook.

Today I did a 5 pound brisket. My wife prepped the meat yesterday. She gave it a Wild Willy's rub, wrapped it and put it in the fridge overnight. I had some running around to do this morning but I was home in time to get the brisket in the smoker by 11 o'clock. I set the temperature at 225° and basted it every hour. I thought that I would be taking it off around 6 o'clock tonight. Well, that darned thing wasn't ready until almost 8:30 pm. The temp control has to be off. Next time I think I'll run it at 250°. With the temp being so low, the smoke again wasn't very heavy but the meat was wonderful. It was well cooked, moist, flavorful and just all round outstanding. It made a great late supper with corn on the cob and my wife's special baked beans.

I don't think that this thing will ever replace the big, wood burning smoker but it is easy to use. Once I get the hang of it I think that it'll do a decent job but I do need to get an oven thermometer to check that cooking temperature. I just don't trust the thermostat on it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally hauled my hung over butt out of bed around 9am. After breakfast I managed to put up a couple sections of metal roofing to cover the wood shed. Then we hauled the boat down to the lake to try out the tube I picked up yesterday for the kids. We didn't get far. As soon as I went to fire up the boat motor I discovered the kill switch had blown apart. No way of fixing it out at camp so back on the trailer. I had used the atv to launch it. I got the boat out of the water. That's when things went south. My wife was on the other atv trying to put it in gear. So I went to her rescue. The parking break let go on my atv and it went barelling backwards with the boat attached back in to the water with nobody on it. Thankfully it stopped before the quad was completely under water and I was able to get on and drive it back out. Oh well. These things happen.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Ultralight day at Pioneer Airport, Oshkosh WI.

image.jpg

Leni

Sometimes I just have really bad thoughts..

We all have them at one time or another Angelface. It becomes a concern when they start to overwhelm you. If that is the case then talk to someone. You have children that are depending on you.

Have you had physical therapy for your neck? Stretching exercises can help a lot. I've been in more than one auto accident with whiplash as a result. PT really helps a lot as does the exercise. Constant pain can really drag you down. Another thing that I have personal experience with.

Chin up girl. You can work your way through this.

Umberto

The sun is shining!

I went to McClendon's and bought some BBQ supplies and a bag of pecan wood. I've never used pecan before so will get a chicken to spatchcock and give it the smoke.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Packed up first thing this morning from camp to head home. Would have stayed longer but the forecast called for severe thunderstorms. Still calling for severe storms with damaging wind and hail the size of basketballs with tornadoes strong enough to topple the empire state building. Should be a fun evening in store.

Angelface

Thanks. :) Just on a severe depression phase... so much so it's exhausting and I am tired of fighting it. My job isn't helping either and just really stressing me out right now. Some of it's my fault... because I'm in the rut, my communication is poor and I keep forgetting one thing after another.. :hammer:

I had to give up physical therapy because of my demanding schedule, kid's constant appointments, and I figured my mental health therapy was more important right now. I still do the exercises I learned there, but just finding time for anything is almost impossible.

Just.. in a nutshell. There's times I feel like I am just struggling to breathe and there's no air. I really want to just pack everything up and leave. I hate it here and I know you can't run away from your problems and everywhere you go has the same life experiences.. But there's just to many ill memories here. I get tired of dealing with emotional and physical pain.

It would be so much easier to just give up if it wasn't for my kids. They are my reason and will to fight as hard as I do. But everyday between work and home life is overwhelming at times and doing it all is just making me completely tired and in pain all the time. Anyways.. sorry for that pity party post. But it feels nice to let it out.. to be honest. Regardless if anyone bothers to read it or to care enough. :wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Packed up first thing this morning from camp to head home. Would have stayed longer but the forecast called for severe thunderstorms. Still calling for severe storms with damaging wind and hail the size of basketballs with tornadoes strong enough to topple the empire state building. Should be a fun evening in store.

Keep an eye on that Brian.
I don't like those kinds of storms either.
So far we've been lucky in this part of Ohio.

I had a good day at work, can't complain. :smile:

Today is/was Father's Day.
I hope all you men who are Dads had a good one.
Thought about my Papa almost all day.
Sure do miss him.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Angelface, you know that you have a lot of friends on this board who care for you and love you. We'll always be in your corner offering encouragement. Everybody goes through some "down" times but you just have to suck it up and go on. There's no other way. Tomorrow will be better. I promise.

Angelface

Angelface, you know that you have a lot of friends on this board who care for you and love you. We'll always be in your corner offering encouragement. Everybody goes through some "down" times but you just have to suck it up and go on. There's no other way. Tomorrow will be better. I promise.

It's the little things like this that give me strength. Thank you so much...:smile:

By the way, Happy father's day to all you amazing Dads on here. :flowers:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Father's day my ass. My wife dragged me off to the gym at the crack of 8 o'clock. I did 2 miles on the treadmill and went round a selection of the other machines. Arrived back home at 10:00 totally knackered. Lazed around for a bit, had lunch and decided not to mow the lawn. Couldn't stand it so I went out and trimmed hedges and raked clippings. Need to pick it all up tomorrow. Darn it was HOT!!!! I mean unbelievably HOT. It was 95° but the humidity was 85% giving a heat index somewhere around 112°. I must have drank 2 gallons worth of liquids and still got a headache. This is going to be a miserable summer.

Angelface

Father's day my ass. My wife dragged me off to the gym at the crack of 8 o'clock. I did 2 miles on the treadmill and went round a selection of the other machines. Arrived back home at 10:00 totally knackered. Lazed around for a bit, had lunch and decided not to mow the lawn. Couldn't stand it so I went out and trimmed hedges and raked clippings. Need to pick it all up tomorrow. Darn it was HOT!!!! I mean unbelievably HOT. It was 95° but the humidity was 85% giving a heat index somewhere around 112°. I must have drank 2 gallons worth of liquids and still got a headache. This is going to be a miserable summer.

:neutral:Ya that does not sound like a relaxing day whatsoever. :ermm: lol. But yes the heat sucks. It's supposed to get hot again this week here. :mellow:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. :) Just on a severe depression phase... so much so it's exhausting and I am tired of fighting it. My job isn't helping either and just really stressing me out right now. Some of it's my fault... because I'm in the rut, my communication is poor and I keep forgetting one thing after another.. :hammer:

I had to give up physical therapy because of my demanding schedule, kid's constant appointments, and I figured my mental health therapy was more important right now. I still do the exercises I learned there, but just finding time for anything is almost impossible.

Just.. in a nutshell. There's times I feel like I am just struggling to breathe and there's no air. I really want to just pack everything up and leave. I hate it here and I know you can't run away from your problems and everywhere you go has the same life experiences.. But there's just to many ill memories here. I get tired of dealing with emotional and physical pain.

It would be so much easier to just give up if it wasn't for my kids. They are my reason and will to fight as hard as I do. But everyday between work and home life is overwhelming at times and doing it all is just making me completely tired and in pain all the time. Anyways.. sorry for that pity party post. But it feels nice to let it out.. to be honest. Regardless if anyone bothers to read it or to care enough. :wink:

Sorry to hear all that AF. I know this will sound crazy .... but I will predict once you fight your way through all of this, and I know, it's not easy, but once you get through all this and your life is in a different place, your kids are grown and you look back on your life, you will remember these days as the good ole days. You forget the aggravations and issues. You will remember the good parts or at least focus on the good parts. It worked that way for me. I hope it does for you too. Best wishes.

Angelface

Sorry to hear all that AF. I know this will sound crazy .... but I will predict once you fight your way through all of this, and I know, it's not easy, but once you get through all this and your life is in a different place, your kids are grown and you look back on your life, you will remember these days as the good ole days. You forget the aggravations and issues. You will remember the good parts or at least focus on the good parts. It worked that way for me. I hope it does for you too. Best wishes.

I sure hope so. But I do agree with that. :smile: Kinda like how almost everyone misses being a kid and back then all you wanted to do is grow up. Thank you..:wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to work 4 hours over last night, which amounted to 12.5 total.
Takes me all day to recover from that anymore.
So today was resting and recharging my batteries for the next 2 days.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today was national aboriginal appreciation day and there were events being held down at the waterfront. I decided to head there to check it out. Yah right. Try to find a freaking parking spot anywhere within a mile of the place. They had no designated handicapped parking so to speak. Some security guy told me the only place left to park was in the parkade seven blocks away then walk. Sorry. Thanks but no thanks. I can barely guarantee that I can walk a block without needing to sit and take a break. So, I just came home and sat here all afternoon in pain. Not a good day mentally for me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.