• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

yummidummy

I woke up at 12:30 pm and my sister had come over. I mostly just looked at the computer and prayed that I could just do what I wanted to do and be more myself.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Since the weather has been warm, I took my walk across town to Perry Street and back.
I can usually do it twice, but I cut it short and decided to just take the second leg into Oakwood Park, and avoid the mean geese 😅
I made lobster cakes and chopped Caesar salad for dinner.

IMG_20240227_150229980.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing exciting. 3 trips to the city today. It's windy as F... We had a pizza dinner with my kids grandparents on their biodads side. They never talk to him but have a great relationship with us so we try to include them in the grandkids lives because their son won't. He used covid as an excuse to totally pull away from his kids and parents.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to Aqua aerobics today (I skipped wednesday do to having bad back pain all night) it was a great this instructor suggested I start doing the exercise's in the deep end of the pool with a floatation belt to sorta do traction on my back, other than the belt being snug o_O it was a whole different and better work out.
I ordered flotation belt and "long replacement" webbing to fit my bigger than average body:( that way I can breathe normally compared to the Y's belt.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Another giant storm started yesterday afternoon with lots of rain and wind again, sunrise revealed at least I didn't lose any more trees. Still got another day or 2 of it then a day break with another storm on the heels of this one. Good thing we are in a draught.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I spent most of the day in Toledo with my son Jeff.
We had lunch at Red Lobster, shopped at Kroger, then went to the big antique mall in Maumee.
He kept looking at a Mickey Mantle baseball card in the locked case, he has always been a baseball fan.
I bought it for him 😊 he almost passed out.
Then I got my friend Annette a Detroit Redwing's jersey. She's going to crap when I give it to her.
Busy day really, but I feel wonderful having done a little to make those I love happy, and can go to bed with a smile.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I spent most of the day in Toledo with my son Jeff.
We had lunch at Red Lobster, shopped at Kroger, then went to the big antique mall in Maumee.
He kept looking at a Mickey Mantle baseball card in the locked case, he has always been a baseball fan.
I bought it for him 😊 he almost passed out.
Then I got my friend Annette a Detroit Redwing's jersey. She's going to crap when I give it to her.
Busy day really, but I feel wonderful having done a little to make those I love happy, and can go to bed with a smile.

I once had a Micky Mantle "rookie" baseball card. He was American league and a nobody. So, I clipped it to my bike with a clothes pin, and slapped his face with the spokes to make my AMF Roadmaster bike sound like a tough motorcycle.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up at 5am.

Drinking coffee and getting ready to drive to Purdue to coach the PURDUALS dual meet style team fencing event. Small event, hopefully I'll be home mid-afternoon??? Hopefully!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's see. I woke up with zero plans yesterday and nowhere to go. Then I went on Facebook marketplace and found a nice set of bottom metal cabinets with drawers for the attached garage in the house. So I ended up in the city picking them up and spent the day reorganizing things including moving a freezer full of food into the house from the garage to make room for the cabinets. Today is a day of rest for my back.
20240301_121631.jpg
20240301_121617.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dunno what I am doing today. Probably play with Kobe and go for a walk, weather is supposed to be very nice early this afternoon.

Saturday was a day of mostly pain. 3 Tramadol (mild opioids) and 12 Advil to control the pain from the Rheumatoid Arthritis while I still wait for the weekly Enbrel injections to begin to work. I've had 3 injections so far, injection #4 will mark 3 weeks, and supposedly it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to start working?

I was also coaching a fencing event at Purdue. Half a dozen other schools showed up with teams.

Best touch I saw yesterday I also got on camera. Rarely do I see an action live and get a photo too. My fencer is on the LEFT with a picture perfect lunge attack, the opposing fencer on the RIGHT with an even better extension duck parry-riposte; a very rare sight. The guy on the right scored the touch, the referee totally botched the call. Kid on the right said he got it. I said he got it.v My fencer even said the kid on the right got the touch. I showed the ref my photos, pretty conclusive that the kid did not fall and was in control. The action quite literally doesn't get much better than this and the ref blew it big time. Ref made the 2 fencers re-set and do the touch over, the kid on the right scored again. Ref finally gave him the touch.

I know the kid on the right, he's a good sport. Fences at a Chicago area club, I see him/talk to him regularly, he took it all in stride.

BE91FC15-D7D9-4117-A763-13AD45FB7B20.jpeg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I checked up on my sick grandbugs today.
Maddie and Elaina both have an upper respiratory thing. They love it when Nana comes to see them even when they are sick.
I read them most of Charlotte's Web, then told them I had to go home, I'll come back soon.
Came home and made a Tony Packo's hot dog and sweet potato fries for supper.

IMG_20240307_163230183.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I headed to the city for an appointment this morning. As I arrived after a 15 minute drive, the "low air" indicator came on. I checked the guage on the dash. Damn it. Back right was down to 31lbs. I pulled into a service station and used their outside air to refill it. Found the problem. Nail. It's been there a while. After my appointment I headed home to remove the tire and throw on a spare I had sitting around from the old plow truck then brought the tire down to the local shop to get repaired.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Installed one of my old packaging lines at the Troy Mo label printer. He now has two lines.
I sold this machine last year and the company that used it no longer needed one so, I got it cheap. Which is only fair since I sold it cheap.

It had been abused by the new owner pretty badly. Missing parts and duct tape everywhere.
Amazingly we were able to get it running today. Final set up for a job will happen on Tuesday and we will likely be in production on Wednesday.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Our kitchen ice machine stopped working, so I drove into that. Determined that the recirculation pump wasn't. Have to just about take apart the entire interior to get to it. But doing so also provided the opportunity to completely clean and sanitize the interior. Ordered the pump, a couple of hoses, and a new door gasket.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cursing 🤬 Ford! I changed the wiper transmission 2 years ago as the wipers stopped working. Replaced with an oem wiper transmission. Failed again. Did some research and see they have a recall for the 2021 models same as mine. Mine is a 17. I already filed a complaint with ford not that it will help but I wasn't too impressed when I used the washer fluid and the wipers went up and stayed there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I drove to Lima, Ohio today to visit my friend Tami's Mom whom I've known (both since we were kids).
Tami and I grew up in the same neighbourhood in Delphos, her Mom Pat has always been like my second Mom.
Tami is diabetic and is facing eye surgery, since she's lost vision in the one eye, Pat is elderly and just had heart surgery, with an infection.
I busted my ass to get to St.Rita's today, I don't know if Pat is going to make it.
She didn't look good to me at all 😭
Ty texted me today and I told him I was in Lima.
He was there on a tow taking back an ODOT plow truck so we met off US 30.
Mom's appreciate hugs from a kid, I really needed that today.

IMG_20240312_162115.jpg

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Saturday I built a well pipe pully frame to help putting in my well today I go to find some 3/4 x 8" bolts for axels none to be found in my travels I couldn't find a rod coupling to join 2 bolts off to amazon to see if they have some.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Built a wall. (I should almost become a politician) 🤣.

Started phase 1 of a 3 phase project downstairs. First phase is building a bedroom for our daughter as our 3 sons have their own rooms and our daughters share. The second phase will be painting the girls current room and replacing the carpet for my oldest who will be taking over it. The third phase is painting my son's current room for our oldest daughter.

I have scouts tonight. Bob will appreciate this one. We're going to take beginner's fencing lessons.

Reactions: Doc

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I put down my carpenters tools today and picked up my socket set to change the wiper motor transmission for the second time. I just changed it 2 years ago. Gotta love road salt.
20240319_120135.jpg

the drivers side pivot point was seized. I replaced it with a factory one the first time. This time I went aftermarket.
20240319_120716.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure but I may have broken my nose.

Carrying a battery operated "stick vacuum" and it slipped, spun around so the heavy part was falling to the ground and the suction end flipped up and smacked me right in the nose. As if my nose was not already big enough, it now hurts like the dickens. I iced it for about an hour. 3 extra strength Tylenol. It is about 2.5 hours later and it still hurts.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. I was picturing that and didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I drove to the city twice today...again. 50 minute trip there and back. But I do that 3-4 times a week. Picked up some trim for the reno downstairs, came home and put some final touches on the wall before I start drywall tomorrow.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at replacing my granddaughters car shocks you have to remove back seat assembly pull trim roof down to floor both side panels
to get to shock bolts Thanks Dodge for thinking outside the box for easy repair its waiting early summer to get done

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at replacing my granddaughters car shocks you have to remove back seat assembly pull trim roof down to floor both side panels
to get to shock bolts Thanks Dodge for thinking outside the box for easy repair its waiting early summer to get done
I had a Chrysler many years ago and needed to replace the battery, had to remove the front left tire/wheel to replace the battery. WTF!

• Wow

dendori

Today I started off strong with a session of studying at the frist hour of the day up until 1AM, I had a midterm at 8AM so guess what, my phone died and with it so did the Alarm app that I use, so I slept peacefully up until 10AM missing my midterm... this ruined the rest of the day,...

• Sad

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a Chrysler many years ago and needed to replace the battery, had to remove the front left tire/wheel to replace the battery. WTF!
As a matter of fact that's how you have to get to her battery remove the left fender liner :(

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be on the roof laying shingles. I'll be on the edge over the front bedroom and it is almost two stories to the ground. Hopefully I don't fall.

According to DOC's post #164 in Did you Know , at 77 years of age, I am a member of an elite group of earthbound humans. I would like to remain a member for a while longer.
Perhaps "elite" is a stretch but frankly, I am surprised to be a member of anything.

Last edited: