• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifli

The likelihood TSLA makes A new ATH this decade is less than 1% in my eye‘s. I actually hope they do so everyone long has a chance to make money.

Now if they figure out how to make money without government welfare and their PE drops inline with legacy automakers…I might buy a few shares.

chowderman

@Drifli -
interesting points, however any and all the EV types will be similar affected by a halt in over/under/through the table "government subsidies" -
and, btw, plenty of start-up companies play rather loose with the books...

it certainly depends on how the subsidies are structured, which is a Congresssional thing, in flux every two years . . . when the dust settles, or has all been stolen by the politicians . . . the EV winner will be the one with the best basic technology. putting a giga-watt, fifty speaker stereo surround sound system in an EV with 150 mile range is not likely to be a market share grabber.

the autonomous driving I agree is a pipe dream. the more pilot programs, the more 'glitches' show up. I don't think any of the self-driving vehicles were stellar drivers in the recent snow-cyclone that blasted thru the mid-north-east recently. it works in restricted areas under perfect conditions. the SanFran autonomous cabs are having issues with traffic interference - they get trapped, computer can't cope, the turn on the four-way flashers and simple stop in the middle of the road and summon a human.... what happens when 2 or 3 or 4 thousand need a 'human assist' in mid-town Manhattan?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The majority of retail investors just watch the news and are force Fed what sell side analysts say, they don’t have any clue how to break down the EBITIDA games or even read a 10K.
You mean financial propaganda. Just like Democrats political propaganda. Some people are easy to manipulate. You use their own fear
to conquer their emotions and make them slaves to the very fear you create.

Classic CCP technique. Democrats and Biden are bought and paid for by Soros and the CCP.

All are anti Tesla because it is the podium Elon speaks from.

I suggest you source your Tesla news from elsewhere. There are many investors you tubers' who cover Tesla. Electrified is one.
Dillon does a good job.

Drifli

You mean financial propaganda. Just like Democrats political propaganda. Some people are easy to manipulate. You use their own fear
to conquer their emotions and make them slaves to the very fear you create.

Classic CCP technique. Democrats and Biden are bought and paid for by Soros and the CCP.

All are anti Tesla because it is the podium Elon speaks from.

I suggest you source your Tesla news from elsewhere. There are many investors you tubers' who cover Tesla. Electrified is one.
Dillon does a good job.
Lay off the Q conspiracy theories. Tesla is a cult stock, the stock is the product not the car. FYI they just released their delivery numbers a few minutes ago….massive miss. Analysts have been dropping their estimates almost weekly as the news for Tesla keeps getting worse and even the lowest estimate wasn’t low enough. Still missed by over 15 K. Hopefully they can get back on track or this will be a painful lesson for those who follow Twitter or YouTube for investment advice.

I will re short this if they can manufacture a good bounce. Now if they drop this down to a realistic PE I’ll get long, no emotion for me.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
On Monday, Tesla (ticker: TSLA) reported fourth-quarter deliveries of 405,278. It’s a record result, but it missed Wall Street expectations.

Wall Street was projecting just under 420,000 units for the quarter, according to 24 large brokers. FactSet, a financial data company, lists more than 40 analysts that cover Tesla stock. The consensus of those analysts is closer to 425,000 units.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elon Musk haters are the CULT. :pat: :tiphat:

Record production yet a miss by Wall Street. Moving goal posts, and more propaganda. China is in shut down for covid too.

Did they mention Tesla Mega pack energy storage batteries are rolling out at 30+ per day at $2M each? Nope....

People who have no tolerance for volatility as traders do not belong to the Tesla stock owners who are long term investors.
If your moved by every little tid bit of negative news perhaps you just should stfu and buy something else.

It is obvious you are an Elon hater so just move along.

Last edited:

Drifli

On Monday, Tesla (ticker: TSLA) reported fourth-quarter deliveries of 405,278. It’s a record result, but it missed Wall Street expectations.

Wall Street was projecting just under 420,000 units for the quarter, according to 24 large brokers. FactSet, a financial data company, lists more than 40 analysts that cover Tesla stock. The consensus of those analysts is closer to 425,000 units.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record production yet a miss by Wall Street. Moving goal posts, and more propaganda.

Did they mention Tesla Mega pack energy storage batteries are rolling out at 30+ per day at $2M each? Nope....

People who have no tolerance for volatility as traders do not belong to the Tesla stock owners who are long term investors.
So let me get this straight, it’s only propaganda when they miss expectations ?

There is no chance they are selling 30+ mega packs a day for 2M each, just do the math and think about that… 60M a day times 365 is what ? Yeah it’s not happening.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . I believe the Ultimate senerio is for the 2 car families, of which 1 is your ICE (internal combustion engine) pickup for hauling, towing, and long range trips, and your second vehicle being an EV for your work and daily commutes. . .
This is my thought too.

We are a 2 driver, 4 car family, largely because we are gluttons.

But we could easily use 1 EV and the other an ICE vehicle.

Personally I'd love to have a pickup truck that did 250 miles. That would be a dream. But I'm not willing to pay the high price it would cost to get one. I've got $42K in a new 2022 Honda Ridgeline that gets 23mpg. A similar size Rivian pick up is literally TWICE the price and it would give me a 250 mile vehicle. Just not worth the premium cost up front to save on fuel economy & maintenance on the back end.

But I do believe that you hit the nail on the head when you said most families could easily live, perhaps thrive, with 1 EV and 1 ICE vehicle.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So let me get this straight, it’s only propaganda when they miss expectations ?

There is no chance they are selling 30+ mega packs a day for 2M each, just do the math and think about that… 60M a day times 365 is what ? Yeah it’s not happening.
60M per day X (365-104) =$1.5B X 0.30= $$469M or half a billion dollars. Very Doable lol
work days and profit margin have to be included in any business I do lol.

You need to brush up on your skills of evaluating, I think.

Drifli

60M per day X (365-104) =$1.5B X 0.30= $$469M or half a billion dollars. Very Doable lol
work days and profit margin have to be included in any business I do lol.

You need to brush up on your skills of evaluating, I think.
This is your original post 👉 ( Did they mention Tesla Mega pack energy storage batteries are rolling out at 30+ per day at $2M each? Nope...)

Now let’s get back to basic math… Tell us how you get 469 M from your post above..

60M a day X 365 days a year… = what ? Ps their factory runs 365. Now if you want to try and justify your statement by some made up #’s , cool, but the majority of investors like to stick With actual audited #’s.

I hope the stock rebounds so you make a buck. Personally I think it bounces up a little then falls down to around 20$. The days of negative rates and the Fed buying billons of MBS weekly are over. The bubble Jay produced is over, they are actively popping it, no different than the .com crash.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From everything I can tell, TESLA makes its money, largely due to the manipulation of the tax code. I don't have a problem with that. The company is following the law and selling carbon credits.

But the auto manufacturing is not looking to be the profit center, the real profit center is a gub-mint created tax "loophole" that is not only perfectly legal, it is exploitable for a profit.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Personally I think it bounces up a little then falls down to around 20$. The days of negative rates and the Fed buying billons of MBS weekly are over. The bubble Jay produced is over, they are actively popping it, no different than the .com crash.
Could be. But my bet is in the next 12 to 24 months you will be very wrong.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If word gets out about this it might give a bump to tesla stock. LOL
truly amazing. Some lucky people.

How did ANYONE survive this? Family-of-four plunged 250-feet off California's 'Devil's Slide' cliff in their Tesla - with the two kids walking away without a scratch and their parents suffering non-life-threatening injury​

• A family of four were rushed to the hospital after the Tesla they were driving in plunged 250-feet down the Devil's Slide cliff
  • Photos show the sedan overturned in a mangled mess
  • Miraculously all four occupants survived the devastating fall
  • The parents suffered only non-life-threatening injuries and the children were unharmed
By MELISSA KOENIG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:12 EST, 3 January 2023 | UPDATED: 14:05 EST, 3 January 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...unges-250-feet-California-cliff.html#comments

A family of four were miraculously found alive on Monday after the Tesla they were driving in plunged 250-feet down California's dangerous Devil's Slide cliff.
Photos and video from the scene show the sedan completely overturned in a mangled mess as it came to a rest on a pile of rocks just feet from the Pacific Ocean.
Miraculously, however, all four occupants – a man, his wife and their 4-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son — survived the devastating fall and were rushed to a local hospital in the aftermath, KTVU reports.

At first authorities said the parents were in critical condition, but the San Mateo Sheriff's Office later announced that they suffered only non-life-threatening injuries and the children were unharmed.
A driver careened off a dangerous California highway on Monday and plummeted 250 feet down a cliff

A driver careened off a dangerous California highway on Monday and plummeted 250 feet down a cliff
There is no indication the car was in self-driving mode when it veered off the road

There is no indication the car was in self-driving mode when it veered off the road
The Tesla the man was driving in with his wife and kids was a mangled mess in the aftermath, as it landed just feet from the Pacific Ocean

The Tesla the man was driving in with his wife and kids was a mangled mess in the aftermath, as it landed just feet from the Pacific Ocean
CHP rescue four people after Tesla plunged off a cliff

Authorities said they first received a call about a Tesla careening off California's scenic Highway 1 near Pacifica, and tumbling down the cliff south of the Tom Lantos Tunnel at around 10.50am on Monday.
Robin Johnson was driving by at the time and recalled thinking: 'Wow, he's driving extremely fast to take that exit. You're not even supposed to be going up that way.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...14-years-day-trading.html?ico=related-replace
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ngress-shut-2-months.html?ico=related-replace
'And I can see in my rear-view mirror this car just go over the edge and straight down,' she told NBC Bay Area.
Johnson said that is when she decided to call 911.
About 30 to 50 rescuers immediately responded to the scene and tried to reach the electric vehicle, which was estimated to be about 250-feet below the highway.
About 30 to 50 rescuers immediately responded to the scene and tried to reach the vehicle

About 30 to 50 rescuers immediately responded to the scene and tried to reach the vehicle
Rescue teams used ropes to rappel down the slope carrying Jaws of Life with them to breach the door, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
They were not expecting to find anyone alive inside the vehicle, and were surprised when they found all four people alive and conscious inside.
At that point, the crews worked to the children from the car first, KTVU reports, and were able to hoist them up to the road with ropes. Once back on land, they were put on stretchers and assessed for any injuries.
But authorities still had to rescue the parents — and needed air support to do so.
They pulled out ropes to rappel down the side of the dangerous cliff and rescue the two children stuck inside

They pulled out ropes to rappel down the side of the dangerous cliff and rescue the two children stuck inside
Crews were able to hoist the children, ages 4 and 9, up to the road with the ropes

Crews were able to hoist the children, ages 4 and 9, up to the road with the ropes
The helicopter pilots were careful to maintain a safe distance from each other and the rocky cliffside

The helicopter pilots were careful to maintain a safe distance from each other and the rocky cliffside
Dramatic videos posted online by CalFire showed choppers hovering over the water to pick up the adults and bring them to a landing area where first responders were waiting for them.
The helicopter pilots were careful to maintain a safe distance from each other and the rocky cliffside as they dug through the wreckage to rescue the parents.
Once they were freed, the entire family was promptly transported to Stanford Medical Center.
'We came out here, unfortunately for things like this,' Brian Pottenger, a battalion chief with Coastside Fire Protection District said in a statement. 'And it was nothing short of a miracle that they survived.'
It remains unclear what caused the driver to veer off the road.
There is no indication the car was in self-driving mode at the time.
First responders waited at a landing site for the helicopter to rescue the parents

First responders waited at a landing site for the helicopter to rescue the parents
Dramatic videos posted online by CalFire showed choppers hovering over the water as they worked to reach the children's parents

Dramatic videos posted online by CalFire showed choppers hovering over the water as they worked to reach the children's parents
Helicopter pilots dug through the wreckage to pull the parents to safety and bring them to a landing area where first responders were waiting for them

Helicopter pilots dug through the wreckage to pull the parents to safety and bring them to a landing area where first responders were waiting for them
The cliff has been the site of several fatalities over the past five decades.
In an effort to make the area safer a tunnel was built to bypass the most dangerous stretch of the road, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, but at least nine people have died since.
The dangerous stretch now has an accident rate more than 50 percent higher than the statewide average for similar highways.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What people don’t realize is Tesla doesn’t make money. They are nothing more than a government handout car company. Tesla sells green credits to all other major car makers who haven’t fully complied with new smog and mileage laws, these companies are very close to not needing to buy these made up credits anymore. Once the handouts end , Tesla ends.

I was short the stock for almost 6 months last year and was forced out when the shares I borrowed were called back or I’d still be holding short.

There's no doubt that Tesla succeeded because of the government programed subsidies. Tell us the difference between that and the government's bailout of GM back in 2009.

That said, Musk had to build a company from scratch to win those "profits." GM had the chance, the opportunity and the money from the government. They had access to the same government subsidies and rebates. But not the innovation or inspiration. Did they create a successful EV line?

Nope.

Last edited:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
@Drifli - welcome to the board. You may want to let 300 H and H's comments roll off. He will argue with you ad nauseum and tends to resort to name calling too much.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
On one of Musk's Joe Rogan show appearances he covered how advanced their crash protection systems were. The computer deploys the airbags based on the impact locations and g-forces. Tesla is really ahead of the competition when it comes to their tech which is why I like them as a company. Not that I will own a Tesla anytime soon but when they get to a point of being "right" for my lifestyle then I would certainly consider one. They are fun to drive - but a little different than a regular car.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Tesla’s Future (You’re Not Going To Like My Answer)​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a realistic view of the company, and the future of its valuation.

Drifli

There's no doubt that Tesla succeeded because of the government programed subsidies. Tell us the difference between that and the government's bailout of GM back in 2009.

That said, Musk had to build a company from scratch to win those "profits." GM had the chance, the opportunity and the money from the government. They had access to the same government subsidies and rebates. But not the innovation or inspiration. Did they create a successful EV line?

Nope.
So the GM bail out was around 49 Billon and the US tax payers received a 61% stake in the company in return. Since TSLA is still receiving welfare it’s unknown how much they have been given just in the US, the key is tax payers have received nothing for these welfare payments.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So the GM bail out was around 49 Billon and the US tax payers received a 61% stake in the company in return. Since TSLA is still receiving welfare it’s unknown how much they have been given just in the US, the key is tax payers have received nothing for these welfare payments.
Please offer proof that Tesla is still receiving anything from the Government> I have seen no such thing, and I watch it closely.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Tesla sold 19,000 units in Europe last November. Nobody else comes even close. In fact, together all other brands combined, their EV sales don't compare in total volumes. This has nothing to do with USA tax credits or subsidies. It is a true market test of the product viability.

Are the European gubmints paying Tesla?

GM, Ford and even Chrysler, have design their EV's from the engineering concept of their IC products. Tesla are designed from scratch, ignoring or rejecting many constructions, and component features not required to deliver a quality, and competing, EV product.

GM was showered with Government cash. They went back to thinking, operating, and building, what got them into bankruptcy.
Ford doesn't yet have a competing product. And what they have coming out is an electric version of the IC powered product they are used to building.

Chrysler is an also ran design and, so far, unimpressive.

Will Tesla suffer with the inflation strategies of the FED. Most likely yes. But so will all the other auto manufacturers. IC or EV notwithstanding.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tesla has 67% of the EV market in the United States too.

Here they have outsold all other EV's combined.

But of course, the sky is falling..... again. :pat:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You seem to be stuck on the money Tesla is getting for successfully creating the product our government demanded.

Did GM do that?

Nope.

Please, stop with the illogical equivocations that actually tend to disprove your arguments.

Drifli

I can’t stop laughing. Remember Tesla is not the leader or even close with FSD, Waymo is the leader. Tesla doesn’t have the capabilities for the promised robo taxi, it was nothing more than a pump and dump, same as Game stop and AMC. Maybe they are ahead on their air bag deployment, but with Musk’s past of lying and not producing I’d wager it’s likely smoke and mirrors no different than FSD and Robo taxi.

chowderman

not so sure people are buying Teslas because the can drive themselves....
it's an upgrade - 30-40% opted / paid for it some time back . . . numbers declining as more and more autonomous driving stuff kills more and more people.

not a lot of people see the need for a self-driving vehicle. absolutely disagree Tesla will fail because it cannot self drive.

Reactions: Doc

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can’t stop laughing. Remember Tesla is not the leader or even close with FSD, Waymo is the leader. Tesla doesn’t have the capabilities for the promised robo taxi, it was nothing more than a pump and dump, same as Game stop and AMC. Maybe they are ahead on their air bag deployment, but with Musk’s past of lying and not producing I’d wager it’s likely smoke and mirrors no different than FSD and Robo taxi.
:lmao:

And Trump was a liar as well wasn't he?:pat:
F'ing butt hurt Democrat pissed off about twitter? :finger2:
Likely so... :tiphat:

Drifli

:lmao:

And Trump was a liar as well wasn't he?:pat:
F'ing butt hurt Democrat pissed off about twitter? :finger2:
Likely so... :tiphat:
Hey now I’m not the one telling Everyone on a forum I have 3000 shares of a company that’s obviously nothing more than a pump and dump penny stock. I almost went back in short to see how much more of your money I can pocket as this thing drops into the abyss. I’ll Waite till the setup is a little better before I borrow your shares again, please keep holding them bags my friend.

Last edited:

Drifli

@Drifli - welcome to the board. You may want to let 300 H and H's comments roll off. He will argue with you ad nauseum and tends to resort to name calling too much.
Thanks….Although he or she doesn’t bother me, when folks have to resort to name calling that means they have lost the argument.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey now I’m not the one telling Everyone on a forum I have 3000 shares of a company that’s obviously nothing more than a pump and dump penny stock. I almost went back in short to see how much more of your money I can pocket as this thing drops into the abyss. I’ll Waite till the setup is a little better before I borrow your shares again, please keep holding them bags my friend.
I don't worry a bit. The value if my land has doubled in the last 18 months. Far more than Telsa has lost, and even then, I am still ahead. If Tesla fails, It will not matter that much to me. :tiphat:

Go short the f#ck out of it. Come back in 24 months and see how you did! :finger2:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The likelihood TSLA makes A new ATH this decade is less than 1% in my eye‘s. I actually hope they do so everyone long has a chance to make money.

Now if they figure out how to make money without government welfare and their PE drops inline with legacy automakers…I might buy a few shares.
Get your eyes checked.

And you might look up the definition of "penny stock."

Drifli

Welp hearing they were already having issues with the Tesla semi,, appears we have one on the hook already.

Attachments

• 5B99F187-41E7-4701-9DAB-7AAC1DD3CF58.jpeg
    5B99F187-41E7-4701-9DAB-7AAC1DD3CF58.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.