• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Team Trump's fears that Taylor Swift (and her 279 million followers) could keep Biden in power

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The dems are not dumb, nor are they pushovers. I figured they had to have a few things up their sleeve to help them see a way for the senile old guy in the white house to win another term. This might be part of that overall plan.

======================================================

Team Trump's fears that Taylor Swift (and her 279 million followers) could keep Biden in power have made the crazy American election even crazier still!​

By TOM LEONARD
PUBLISHED: 17:13 EST, 2 February 2024 | UPDATED: 20:13 EST, 2 February 2024

When Americans once more break out the beers and crowd around their TVs for next weekend's Super Bowl, many of them will be more excited about what's going on in the stands than anything happening on the field.

For if the girlfriend of Kansas City Chiefs player Travis Kelce turns out to cheer him on against the San Francisco 49ers in American Football's annual championship, there may be some viewers who grind their teeth with fury.

The woman in question is Taylor Swift — and there's a rumour going round that she'll be there for a far more subtle purpose than to watch football.

According to feverish online speculation among pro-Trump conspiracy theorists, her appearance will be the crowning moment in a plot to drum up support for Joe Biden in this year's presidential election.

This has involved not only rigging the Super Bowl to ensure the Chiefs went all the way to the final but fabricating Swift's six-month romance with Kelce. All to ensure that, as a prelude to her endorsing Biden as she did in 2020, the couple can take center stage next Sunday night during coverage of a game that was last year watched by a record 115 million viewers.

full article:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While it is true she does have cultural sway, I think this is simply an overblown media report to bait MAGA people and the Trump campaign. Simply a diversion away from the inept Biden policies. Trump needs to focus on policies that Biden undid, or enacted, and he will win.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
While it is true she does have cultural sway, I think this is simply an overblown media report to bait MAGA people and the Trump campaign. Simply a diversion away from the inept Biden policies. Trump needs to focus on policies that Biden undid, or enacted, and he will win.
I agre my main thought is to ingore the media hype.
On the other hand the we the ones who love our country cant sit on our laurals and hope it gets better, do something ask every one to vote even though they think its a lost cause I'm pushing to vote for your wallet at this point and no one can disreguard that.

tom

Drifli

What polices has he overturned ?

We have a much stronger economy then under Trump . We are producing more oil than ever before, stock market at record highs,, more jobs and people working than in the last 70 years. He has been tufer on China than Trump.

The border wall is a blunder but it was also a blunder for Trump with his administration letting in more illegal imagrants than the Obama administration. Unfortunately it will be hard to sway voters when republicans are actively allowing the border crisis to continue instead of voting on a fix.

Im hopeful we have a third party , maybe Kennedy to pick from.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
he overturned the ‘remain in Mexico’ policy, that alone is responsible for the migrant crisis

We have a much stronger economy then under Trump .

Yes we have food prices 35% higher than Trump
We have oil/gas prices 65% higher than Trump
We have interest rates 150% higher than Trump
We have a commercial real estate collapse unfolding as I type

We are producing more oil than ever before, stock market at record highs,, more jobs and people working than in the last 70 years.
True, we are producing more oil because of demand and high prices

As many economists note, stock prices are not indicative of overall economic performance. Further, other than 7 tech giants that are part of the S&P500, the average of the remaining 493 stocks are actually down

Unemployment is down largely because the workforce participation rate has dropped!

He has been tufer on China than Trump.

Please provide evidence

…Trump with his administration letting in more illegal imagrants than the Obama...

Left leaning Politifact says you are wrong and provide a chart

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

We have a much stronger economy then under Trump . We are producing more oil than ever before, stock market at record highs,, more jobs and people working than in the last 70 years. He has been tufer on China than Trump.

The border wall is a blunder but it was also a blunder for Trump with his administration letting in more illegal imagrants than the Obama administration. Unfortunately it will be hard to sway voters when republicans are actively allowing the border crisis to continue instead of voting on a fix.

Im hopeful we have a third party , maybe Kennedy to pick from.

The republican's are not giving in to an omni buss bill that has other stuff in it that the demonicaratic party wants to force through it should be line by line approval for everything.
The 3rd party didn't work so well (oh I wish it would have) When Ross Perot ran in 92 . we might not be in as bad of a situation that we are now.
That's not say Trump is prefect but no one else is pulling his strings like the present Commander and Chief that cant remember what he is doing from second to second

tom

Drifli

he overturned the ‘remain in Mexico’ policy, that alone is responsible for the migrant crisis

Yes we have food prices 35% higher than Trump
We have oil/gas prices 65% higher than Trump
We have interest rates 150% higher than Trump
We have a commercial real estate collapse unfolding as I type

True, we are producing more oil because of demand and high prices

As many economists note, stock prices are not indicative of overall economic performance. Further, other than 7 tech giants that are part of the S&P500, the average of the remaining 493 stocks are actually down

Unemployment is down largely because the workforce participation rate has dropped!

Please provide evidence

Left leaning Politifact says you are wrong and provide a chart
Only reason gas prices went down under Trump was from oil going negative during the pandemic, did you forget ?
Trump printed like a drunken sailor and pushed the Fed to buy up all the MBS creating a massive housing bubble that everyone knows wasn’t sustainable. Powell raising rates to try and stop this bubble is good not bad. I personally enjoy making money off my savings again.
Biden has a spending problem also but not nearly as bad as Trump.

Attachments

• IMG_9552.jpeg
    IMG_9552.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9551.jpeg
    IMG_9551.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9550.jpeg
    IMG_9550.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9549.jpeg
    IMG_9549.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9548.jpeg
    IMG_9548.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 2

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Only reason gas prices went down under Trump was from oil going negative during the pandemic, did you forget ?
Trump printed like a drunken sailor and pushed the Fed to buy up all the MBS creating a massive housing bubble that everyone knows wasn’t sustainable. Powell raising rates to try and stop this bubble is good not bad. I personally enjoy making money off my savings again.
You keep getting your presidents mixed up

Drifli

The republican's are not giving in to an omni buss bill that has other stuff in it that the demonicaratic party wants to force through it should be line by line approval for everything.
The 3rd party didn't work so well (oh I wish it would have) When Ross Perot ran in 92 . we might not be in as bad of a situation that we are now.
That's not say Trump is prefect but no one else is pulling his strings like the present Commander and Chief that cant remember what he is doing from second to second

tom
Ross would have been a blast.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is one of the most ill informed statements I’ve ever seen
Trump printed like a drunken sailor and pushed the Fed to buy up all the MBS creating a massive housing bubble that everyone knows wasn’t sustainable.
Housing bubble was 11 years BEFORE the Trump admin but I agree he spent too much

Powell raising rates to try and stop this bubble is good not bad. I personally enjoy making money off my savings again.
You are not making money off of savings in a bank, CD, Money Market, etc, and we have a mid-size bank liquidity collapse also unfolding now

Wrong again

But also interesting you didn’t address my other points, which you specifically asked about

Drifli

Ok some numbers.

Under Trumps administration we lost 2.9 million jobs.
Trump promised the international trade deficit would go down but it actually increased. It actually increased 40% from 2016.
illegal immigration increased around 14%
Federal debt held by the public increased 50%
People with health insurance decreased by 3 mil.

Last edited:

Drifli

This is one of the most ill informed statements I’ve ever seen

Housing bubble was 11 years BEFORE the Trump admin but I agree he spent too much

You are not making money off of savings in a bank, CD, Money Market, etc, and we have a mid-size bank liquidity collapse also unfolding now

Wrong again
Well let’s see some numbers then if I’m wrong . I’m all ears but to say Trump was better than Biden is a stretch and they both are garbage, but Trump obviously was much worse.

I currently can get 4.5% at Goldman in my checking account, under Trump I couldn’t get more than .25%.

The housing bubble popped in 08 there was no reason to create another one by buying a few trillon of MBS…

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok some numbers.

Under Trumps administration we lost 2.9 million jobs.
Trump promised the international trade deficit would go down but it actually increased. It actually increased 40% from 2016.
illegal immigration increased around 14%
Federal debt held by the public increased 50%
People with health insurance increased by 3 mil.
Again you are wrong on points.

At the tail end, during Covid, unemployment went up under Trump.

The federal government is now the main driver of hiring as government workers are at the highest in WORLD history now. And we are paying the price.

Go look at Politifact, as I previously suggested for the illegal immigration decline under Trump vs Obama.

Trump did fail on some points. But so much of what you say is outright false

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well let’s see some numbers that back up how good Trump was. I voted for him and it was a mistake and will never happen again.
I think Melens dad did a pretty good job of that, did you read it? If you voted for him, what is it you didn't like.Low intrest rates?
Low inflation?
Low fuel prices?
Low food prices?
Not having everything gay shoved down your throat?
No wars?
Not have EV's shoved down your throat?
Not having 10 million more illegals invading the country?
No green new deal?
No DEI policies?
No weaponized FBI?
No weaponized justice department?
No weaponized IRS?
No weaponized EPA?
No weaponized ATF?
Remain in Mexico Immigration policy?
Border wall being built?
And anything I missed.
President Trump is returning to the White House, get over it.

Drifli

I think Melens dad did a pretty good job of that, did you read it? If you voted for him, what is it you didn't like.Low intrest rates?
Low inflation?
Low fuel prices?
Low food prices?
Not having everything gay shoved down your throat?
No wars?
Not have EV's shoved down your throat?
Not having 10 million more illegals invading the country?
No green new deal?
No DEI policies?
No weaponized FBI?
No weaponized justice department?
No weaponized IRS?
No weaponized EPA?
No weaponized ATF?
Remain in Mexico Immigration policy?
Border wall being built?
And anything I missed.
President Trump is returning to the White House, get over it.
Can you provide any real numbers ? I’d appreciate it.

Id wager Trump isn’t returning, I think it’s the stupidest thing the Republican Party has done to date. We need a new horse and Trump isn’t the answer.

Drifli

Again you are wrong on points.

At the tail end, during Covid, unemployment went up under Trump.

The federal government is now the main driver of hiring as government workers are at the highest in WORLD history now. And we are paying the price.

Go look at Politifact, as I previously suggested for the illegal immigration decline under Trump vs Obama.

Trump did fail on some points. But so much of what you say is outright false
What number is wrong that I posted ? These are real numbers not my feelings .

Can you disprove any of these numbers ?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
From what sources do you get such false information?

Gasoline was as low as$1.00 a gallon here in the Midwest long before the pandemic. I bought 500 gallons of diesel in 2019 at $1.29 per gallon.

Trump policies were to promote drilling here in the USA or Canada and complete the Keystone pipeline bringing domestic crude to the Midwest and eastern state refineries. Biden reversed that policy on his first day.

Trump seized on the low prices and refilled the strategic reserve with sweet crude. Biden has emptied it to the lowest levels since it's construction. This despite buying sour crude from Communist Venezuela.

Trump closed the border reducing illegal entries to a level not seen in decades. Biden reversed those policies on his first day. 3 years later we have a record-breaking invasion up to10,000 souls a day.

This is an open forum which welcomes honest discussion. You don't have to post what we might like to hear. However, if you are going to post here, with credibility, you might try the truth.

Drifli

From what sources do you get such false information?

Gasoline was as low as$1.00 a gallon here in the Midwest long before the pandemic. I bought 500 gallons of diesel in 2019 at $1.29 per gallon.

Trump policies were to promote drilling here in the USA or Canada and complete the Keystone pipeline bringing domestic crude to the Midwest and eastern state refineries. Biden reversed that policy on his first day.

Trump seized on the low prices and refilled the strategic reserve with sweet crude. Biden has emptied it to the lowest levels since it's construction. This despite buying sour crude from Communist Venezuela.

Trump closed the border reducing illegal entries to a level not seen in decades. Biden reversed those policies on his first day. 3 years later we have a record-breaking invasion up to10,000 souls a day.

This is an open forum which welcomes honest discussion. You don't have to post what we might like to hear. However, if you are going to post here, with credibility, you might try the truth.
So you are calling me a liar when I just provided actual numbers. Please have honest discussions with actual numbers, I provided numbers and actual posts with graphs backing up my point and you have provided nothing but to attack a member of this forum.

Don't forget Biden is producing, ie drilling more oil than Trump. This is another fact.

You are making claims that are false and blatant lies just like Trump refilling the SPR. Here I will help you see with a simple graph that shows the facts not my feelings.

Attachments

• IMG_9557.jpeg
    IMG_9557.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What number is wrong that I posted ? These are real numbers not my feelings .

Can you disprove any of these numbers?
Yes, Politifact. As I previously stated.

Clearly shows Trump lower than Obama and Biden ALMOST equal to Trump + Obama

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So you are calling me a liar when I just provided actual numbers. Please have honest discussions with actual numbers, I provided numbers and actual posts with graphs backing up my point and you have provided nothing but to attack a member of this forum.

You are making claims that are false and blatant lies just like Trump refilling the SPR. Here I will help you see with a simple graph that shows the facts not my feelings.
He did not call you a liar. He said your numbers are incorrect. This is a common problem with people who use selective data.

Drifli

Yes, Politifact. As I previously stated.

Clearly shows Trump lower than Obama and Biden ALMOST equal to Trump + Obama
Did you read this link ? Here I’ll pull out the relevant part.

“Because of this tracking change, "it’s not possible" to directly compare "encounters" across administrations "simply because there were no ‘encounters’ during the Obama administration and during the majority of the Trump administration,"

Drifli

He did not call you a liar. He said your numbers are incorrect. This is a common problem with people who use selective data.
I provided actual numbers he provided his feelings and said my numbers were incorrect.

Maybe you missed this part of his post ?

“This is an open forum which welcomes honest discussion. You don't have to post what we might like to hear. However, if you are going to post here, with credibility, you might try the truth.”

So is providing actual facts with numbers telling the truth ? Like providing the SPR facts ?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Don't forget Biden is producing, ie drilling more oil than Trump. This is another fact.

Nope, just misinformed. Bringing such misinformation to the discussion advances everyone's mistrust in what you post.

I have posted unverified or inaccurate material and been soundly but politely scolded. Or should I use the word "corrected." I respect that effort by my friends here because now I am armed with the truth.

You should try it.

BTW, under Biden Domestic oil production dropped dramatically in 2021. It only recently achieved the level slightly above Trump. Unless you can show how Biden did that, thank the industry, not the President.

Last edited:

Drifli

Nope, just misinformed. Bringing such misinformation to the discussion advances everyone's mistrust in what you post.

I have posted unverified material and been soundly but politely scolded. Or should I use the word "corrected." I respect that effort by my friends here because now I am armed with the truth.

You should try it.
I corrected your misinformation with the actual SPR oil chart and you still want to dismiss the truth. A simple Google search will show that Joe is producing more oil under his admin than Trump. I can’t help that you deny facts.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you read this link ? Here I’ll pull out the relevant part.

“Because of this tracking change, "it’s not possible" to directly compare "encounters" across administrations "simply because there were no ‘encounters’ during the Obama administration and during the majority of the Trump administration,"
Yes, in fact I cited it because it’s a liberal source and figured you might believe it more. And yet you ignore the chart it provides. The chart that clearly shows Biden almost as high as Trump & Obama. It’s even in color.

Sources are suggesting approximately 8,000,000 illegals have entered the US so far, some estimates suggest closer to 10,000,000.

Drifli

Yes, in fact I cited it because it’s a liberal source and figured you might believe it more. And yet you ignore the chart it provides. The chart that clearly shows Biden almost as high as Trump & Obama. It’s even in color.

Sources are suggesting approximately 8,000,000 illegals have entered the US so far, some estimates suggest closer to 10,000,000.
You can cite any article I don’t care if it’s liberal or not. The key is It tells you right in the article that the numbers are no good.

For some reason people think your liberal when you call Trump out, that’s exactly how we will loose this election, folks need to realize there are hundreds of thousands of republicans who won’t vote for Trump ever again and we will just not vote.

Let's agree the border is a mess, no denying that. The key for me is the border was a mess under Trump also and the COVID lockdown bill is The only thing that slowed that mess.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I corrected your misinformation with the actual SPR oil chart and you still want to dismiss the truth. A simple Google search will show that Joe is producing more oil under his admin than Trump. I can’t help that you deny facts.

Yes they might be refining but were did it come from IIRC the strategic oil reserve ????
I know my Gas lease royalty is down about 90% from 2 years ago yes $4000 now $400 not helping my economic situation with gas and food prices going haywire, blaming that on Trump too?

Biden’s administration sold off more than 40 percent of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve last year to help limit rising fuel prices after Russia invaded Ukraine, leaving the stockpile at its lowest levels since the early 1980s. That’s fueling Republican accusations that Biden has left the U.S. vulnerable to a disruption of global oil supplies — at a time when Hamas’ terrorist attacks in Israel are stoking fears of a wider regional war disrupting fuel shipments from the Middle East.

“That’s Joe Biden’s fault for trying to lower the price of gas before the election,” House Natural Resources Chair Bruce Westerman (R-Ark.) told POLITICO.