• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 10-16, 2021

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, Yes, Yes...

We are going forward with the Sno(w) cat Serenade, Sun Valley, Idaho, March 10-16, 2021.

Come for one day or seven days, there will be a snow cat adventure each day. This longer schedule gives folks a chance to enjoy all that Sun Valley offers, like skiing, ice staking, X-country skiing or just sitting pool side.

Put it on your calender, and watch for details to be posted in the coming weeks.

and Yes, we are very aware of the corvid-19 restrictions and concerns, we are fully prepared to take all precautions and will be taking your health and safety seriously, the number one goal is for everyone to come, have a very enjoyable time and go home healthy. Sun Valley has successfully adjusted operations to become a leader in how to provide safe environment for all guests and employees.

All makes, models and even the ugly unloved cats are welcome!

Looking forward to seeing each and everyone at the Festival of Snow Cats, A Gathering of old Grousers, Sno(w) Cat Serenade, March, 10-16, 2021

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
plans are coming together so nicely, that i will be posting the schedule of things soon, very soon!

along with the room reservation code, making rooms reservations, just like last years event...

come for one day or stay for all the days, there will be snow catting each day, going, north, east, west and south this year,

oh ya, weather/snow dependent, though, the snow crystal ball, is talking about a very good year of SNOW...the snow gods are smiling on us.

thank you

PP

Brian and Brian, how is the sculpture coming along?

and is Chad (WBuffetjr1) really painting snowzilla army green, think his tucker card will be revoked!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Tucker Mafia and a Princess made me an offer I simply could not refuse. I have admired all these types of snow machines for years and now I have an opportunity to see a lot of you all in action and possibly get behind the wheel of a couple of these awesome machines. I'm so excited.

An HUGE THANKS to Pontoon Princess and the Tucker Mafia for offering to pay for plane tickets and a couple nights of visiting you all in Sun Valley. Like PP told me, here is an offer you simply cannot refuse. LOL What can I say, except she was RIGHT. :D

Looking forward to meeting all those who can make the scene in Sun Valley. :beer:

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, glad you are coming to SV, I will be there with my Frandee, you are more than welcome to drive it. Looking forward to meeting you. Dave

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, glad you are coming to SV, I will be there with my Frandee, you are more than welcome to drive it. Looking forward to meeting you. Dave
Thanks Dave. Sounds like fun for sure. Can't wait. :D

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

Doc,
GMoose is one the most likable snow cat guys you would ever want to meet and he is most generous in sharing his fabulous frandee, before you could even think of getting a ride, he is offering to let you drive his most favorite snow cat,

also, he is now, the very proud owner of a kitten ( nice find GMooSe ) the original owner was General Petroleum Corporation of Los Angeles, Calif.

:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc,
GMoose is one the most likable snow cat guys you would ever want to meet and he is most generous in sharing his fabulous frandee, before you could even think of getting a ride, he is offering to let you drive his most favorite snow cat,

also, he is now, the very proud owner of a kitten ( nice find GMooSe ) the original owner was General Petroleum Corporation of Los Angeles, Calif.

:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:
:wow: Awesome. Can't wait to meet Mr. GMoose and see his fabulous frandee!!! (Love the names you come up with PP :D)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Before I post info and daily schedule,

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that have ever attended a jamboree, clowder, mccall'n, festival, gathering and or a 500 club snow cat event. There have been some really great ones and have enjoyed each one that I have attended, thank you to each person that has taken on the huge job of hosting.

I know very well how much time, effort, and money it takes to get ready and then make the trip in the middle of winter in less than ideal conditions, add to that, pulling a trailer

For myself, truly appreciate each and everyone that makes the journey to a gathering, cuz, without you, there is no event, and over the years, I have met so many wonderful and in many cases, really interesting people.

you are a special Cat!

thank you

PP

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
The schedule is in and all is a go, come for one day or stay for all 7 days, be sure to take time to enjoy all that is Sun Valley, from skiing to sitting pool side. There is more than enough snow catting adventures, to take a day to do something special. Sun Valley is a such a special place, come and enjoy all that is Sun Valley.

As we all know, all too well, we are living in very unusual times, Sun Valley Inc, will continue it's commitment to keeping everyone safe and that is my single goal, it is important to have everyone go home healthy with a lifetime of wonderful memories.

Big thank you goes out to "DOC", this is the guy that runs the forums and pretty sure the snow cat community would not be what it is without his countless hours to make the forums what it IS!

The info/goodie bags will contain a detailed schedule of events and directions to each days adventure, along with snow cat stickers, so we are legal and compliant with usage laws,
t-shirts, all on trail lunches are provided at no charge, etc etc etc

First, our room rate at Sun Valley Inn, will be $225.00 King bed and $245.00 for 2 Queen beds, plus taxes, the rates are higher if you want to stay in Sun Valley Lodge. I post the link to make room reservations in a separate post.

March 10, 2021, Wednesday
Arrive, checkin, relax, have a nice dinner, after dinner gathering, getting your info and goodie bags, I will be hosting it at the sun Valley Inn lounge, 7 pm ish

March 11, 2021, Thursday
Heading north over Gelena Summit into the Stanley Basin, fabulous area with unbelievable views of some of the most majestic mountains in the world. On trail lunch provided, we will be leaving Sun Valley 8am, I will be hosting after dinner meet and greet in the Sun Valley Inn lounge, 7pm ish, will be handing out info/goodie bags for those that arrive that day

March 12, 2021, Friday
Going south to the Soldier Mountain area, big vast area, good day, leave Sun Valley 8 am, come prepared to have a great day, on trail lunch provided, hosting after dinner gathering, this time over at Sun Valley Lodge, in the Eddie Duchin lounge, they have live music, will have info/goodie bags available for those that come in on Friday, 7 ish, see ya there.

March 13, 2021, Saturday

West out of Baker Creek snow park and heading up Fox Peak, 28 mile round trip, with lunch on top of the mountain, and on a clear day you can see forever, leave 9 am and that evening we will be going to Trail Creek Cabin for dinner, we will be doing the first seating, additional details will be posted as we get closer to the event.

March 14, 2021, Sunday

This time, we are headed east from Baker Creek snow park, going deep into the mountains with on trail lunch provided, again, 9 am departure time. It is bowling/piazza night, Sun Valley Lodge, the alley is in the basement, gathering at 6pm.

March 15, 2021, Monday

thinking those that came on in early and went out on Thursday's cat adventure over Gelena Summit into the Stanley Basin are really wishing we could spend more time there, well, your wish is coming true, headed back over Gelena into the Stanley Basin, 8am departure, a very special on trail lunch, yummmm, and I will host the last night gathering for drinks in the Sun Valley Lodge lounge. 7ish

March 16, 2021

Last chance to go skiing, if you have not done so before, say our good byes and hope we meet again in Sun Valley, 2022

questions are welcome and I will do my best to reply ASAP...

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
here is the link for making room reservations, come for one day or stay longer, great if you come for the entire "gathering of old grousers event", the Sun Valley site shows all rooms, the best price is at the Sun Valley Inn, a King is $225.00 plus tax/fee and a Queen is $245 plus tax/fee, you are welcome to book any room you wish.

remember the good, bad and even the ugly home built snow cat are welcome, very welcome

thank you all in advance

https://www.sunvalley.com/trip-planner/groups/0321SNOW

Last edited:

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I believe me and R Rose are going to try to make an appearance this year but not sure what days we will be there yet. Sounds like it's going to be an awesome event thanks for organizing everything . It's much appreciated by everyone

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
The schedule is in and all is a go, come for one day or stay for all 7 days, be sure to take time to enjoy all that is Sun Valley, from skiing to sitting pool side. There is more than enough snow catting adventures, to take a day to do something special. Sun Valley is a such a special place, come and enjoy all that is Sun Valley.

As we all know, all too well, we are living in very unusual times, Sun Valley Inc, will continue it's commitment to keeping everyone save and that is my single goal, it is important to have everyone go home healthy with a lifetime of wonderful memories.

Big thank you goes out to "DOC", this is the guy that runs the forums and pretty sure the snow cat community would not be what it is without his countless hours to make the forums what it IS!

He is our guest of Honor this year, he and his wife will be staying 4 days with us, please give him and his wife a ride, hope everyone gets a chance to chat with them, great folks.

The info/goodie bags will contain a detailed schedule of events and directions to each days adventure, along with snow cat stickers, so we are legal and compliant with usage laws,
t-shirts, all on trail lunches are provided at no charge, etc etc etc

First, our room rate at Sun Valley Inn, will be $225.00 King bed and $245.00 for 2 Queen beds, plus taxes, the rates are higher if you want to stay in Sun Valley Lodge. I post the link to make room reservations in a separate post.

March 10, 2021, Wednesday
Arrive, checkin, relax, have a nice dinner, after dinner gathering, getting your info and goodie bags, I will be hosting it at the sun Valley Inn lounge, 7 pm ish

March 11, 2021, Thursday
Heading north over Gelena Summit into the Stanley Basin, fabulous area with unbelievable views of some of the most majestic mountains in the world. On trail lunch provided, we will be leaving Sun Valley 9am, I will be hosting after dinner meet and greet in the Sun Valley Inn lounge, 7pm ish, will be handing out info/goodie bags for those that arrive that day

March 12, 2021, Friday
Going south to the Soldier Mountain area, big vast area, good day, leave Sun Valley 8 am, come prepared to have a great day, on trail lunch provided, hosting after dinner gathering, this time over at Sun Valley Lodge, in the Eddie Duchin lounge, they have live music, will have info/goodie bags available for those that come in on Friday, 7 ish, see ya there.

March 13, 2021, Saturday

West out of Baker Creek snow park and heading up Fox Peak, 28 mile round trip, with lunch on top of the mountain, and on a clear day you can see forever, leave 9 am and that evening we will be going to Trail Creek Cabin for dinner, we will be doing the first seating, additional details will be posted as we get closer to the event.

March 14, 2021, Sunday

This time, we are headed east from Baker Creek snow park, going deep into the mountains with on trail lunch provided, again, 9 am departure time. It is bowling/piazza night, Sun Valley Lodge, the alley is in the basement, gathering at 6pm.

March 15, 2021, Monday

thinking those that came on in early and went out on Thursday's cat adventure over Gelena Summit into the Stanley Basin are really wishing we could spend more time there, well, your wish is coming true, headed back over Gelena into the Stanley Basin, 9 am departure, a very special on trail lunch, yummmm, and I will host the last night gathering for drinks in the Sun Valley Lodge lounge. 7ish

March 16, 2021, Tuesday

Last chance to go skiing, if you have not done so before, say our good byes and hope we meet again in Sun Valley, 2022

questions are welcome and I will do my best to reply asap.

oh oh oh, almost forgot, there will be a couple of 500 series snow cat trailers to be given away, nothing to buy, they are mafia approved, they will look great behind any make or model of snow cat, must be present to win, decision of judge and jury is final.

yes you read that correctly, giving away a couple 500 Series snow cat trailers...1 ton capacity, 2 ski style.

this event is for fun, getting to see and meet new cat friends...and their marvelous machines

Mother Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Covid GO AWAY!, .. Really messin with our ability to move freely cross border. You know darn well we will be there politics permitting.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't feel bad. Massachusetts and other States found a way to restrict borders in the 50 US:https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order#lower-risk-states-

If you ever saw the Hunt for Red October the Russian was so happy to travel State to State with no papers once arriving in the US and visiting Montana. We now need papers and no Montana or Idaho for that matter.

Providing we can get flights, get on a mountain, get back home, and keep the kids in person learning full time after the trip, COVID won't stop the whole family from coming this year!

Art in progress along with something welcoming either way but we are looking forward to the event!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Man that schedule is loaded up heavy, that might wear the brakes out on the Frandee with all that catting around. I better put the steering ski on to save them, last year on the Baker Creek outing I got them so hot they stopped working (didn't have the steering ski on). Can't steer without brakes on the Frandee.

Looks like it is going to be an adventure filled serenade. I can't even imagine how much work Pontoon Princess is having to put into this event to pull it off. Last winters event was impressive and this coming winters event is even more full. It is going to be a blast. Thank you in advance PP!!!

I was up near Sun Valley last weekend camping, it is getting cold, snow will be coming soon.

IMG_20200315_130036276_HDR.jpg

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Same here for getting out there this year. I would run the gauntlet, the wife not so much. Hopefully ID can get their crap in order before ticket prices go crazy.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Was up that way last weekend as well. It's definitely painted fall colors now. The guesstimates are for a lot of snow, simular to 2018/2019 winter up here.

Attachments

• 20201006_072526.jpg
    20201006_072526.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 20201006_071615.jpg
    20201006_071615.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 294

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Well looks like it's going to be another "EPIC EVENT" all organized by the Princess. We will be getting all set up to be there, might have to sneak in over the northern border and sneak my Canadian friends in over the line under the cloak of darkness.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
first snows of the winter have arrived, promises to be a very good winter with lots and lots of snow

SunValleyCam_2020-10-11_08-46am.jpg

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
here is the sun valley direct link for booking your room, please use this link to ensure you get the correct room rate for the gathering in sun valley, and please remember to book the sun valley inn, king bed is $225 plus tax and fees, $245 for 2 queen beds, plus tax and fees, if you wish to have room in the lodge, that is great, though the rate is higher, prorated per our discount

thank you

https://www.sunvalley.com/trip-planner/groups/0321SNOW

and remember, cider tom and sno-surfer dude will be doing a snow camp on Saturday night. they will be posting info as time gets closer

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Plan on at least two days to ski the entire resort. It's quite the experience.

If you lucky you might get some runs with Mr and Mrs downhill, some young sno surfers, back yard skiers, and a bunch of addicts.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Plan on at least two days to ski the entire resort. It's quite the experience.

If you lucky you might get some runs with Mr and Mrs downhill, some young sno surfers, back yard skiers, and a bunch of addicts.

Mr and Mrs Downhill will be coming and will be the folks to ski with, fyi, Mr, Downhill is a Professional ski instructor, he has a big heart and loves to teach and share, Mr and Mrs Downhill are looking forward to skiing with anyone that wishes to ski with them,

come and ski with them.........eh ski addict

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
And for those that find importance in intact leg bones in place of skiing , there are a few of us who will eschew the fine dining at Trail Creek and instead explore culinary excellence at Camp Serenade located at the Baker Creek Campground.

Currently still in planning stage. It will be BYOT (bring your own tent) and weather gear. Group meals and fun.

I welcome input either here or via PM to Cidertom and Sno-Surfer.

CT

funtracks

I'm in, can't wait to be part of the festivities! Don't know if I'll be alone on this trip or family will attend with me, the kids just got word that we're going back to online learning for covid concerns so I figure we just "hotspot" our phones and they can spend their school day on the trails! Will have to think about hauling a Tucker out there, may need to buy a diesel truck to pull those mountain roads. If not, I will be looking for an open seat in a snocat....or a roof rack, I'm not picky.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
well well well, much to my surprise...

all the King bed rooms have reserved from the original block of rooms I reserved, WOW,

So, I was able to add 4 more king bed rooms at the Sun Valley Inn at the same rate of $225.oo plus tax,

my advice, as if, anyone ever listens to me,

make your reservations now if you want the lowest priced room available for the gathering of snow cats/snow cat serenade, and once these additional rooms are gone, they are gone and you will paying more for the 2 Queen bed rooms, which are $245.oo plus tax

View attachment 130702thank you, PP

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc