• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old Stuff ... Pics / old Ads etc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The largest pepperoni roll ever made being paraded through the streets of Wheeling WV in 1885. It required 13,653 pounds of dough; 8,800 pounds of cheese; and 6,496 pounds of pepperoni.

OldStuff124.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I gotta wonder how many people got food poisoning from the horses, dirt, and the very sanitary packaging.
I can't imagine anyone really eating that thing. It looks so gross. The pepperonis are bigger than a mans head, and how are they stuck on there? Pepperoni rolls have the pepperoni inside ....but I guess this was for show. :puke1:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
I would like to see the table that it was rolled out on. I would also like to see the oven that baked it. I think it may be a fake photo.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ebbets Field was a stadium in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn. It is mainly known for having been the home of the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team of the National League (1913–1957). It was also home to five professional football teams, including three NFL teams (1921–1948). Ebbets Field was demolished in 1960 and replaced by the Ebbets Field Apartments, the site's current occupant.

old27.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an old Akaki reel to reel with 8 track in the side. I've been going to get it out and try to sell it but it's so heavy it does not lend itself to shipping, I'd alos be afraid of it being damaged. So, it's sits in my storage room.
=============================

Ohio Canals. I have seen remnants of many of this in the SE Ohio area. I had no idea they went the length of the state.

old28OhioCanals.jpg