• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Miss Lily Girl

Leni

My son's miniature doxie has liver failure and they are going to have to put her down. Lily's liver is unusually small and it just is giving out. She was a rescue. The previous owners gave her away once they could no longer show her. Marshal and Stephanie had her for two or three years. She's only eight years old. So sad to see two adults crying but I'm teary also. Such a cute and loving little girl.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel sorrow for your son and his wife. It's never easy losing that kind of family member like that.We asked the vet to come to our house when the time had come for our dog. I think it was easier on him and us.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My son's miniature doxie has liver failure and they are going to have to put her down. Lily's liver is unusually small and it just is giving out. She was a rescue. The previous owners gave her away once they could no longer show her. Marshal and Stephanie had her for two or three years. She's only eight years old. So sad to see two adults crying but I'm teary also. Such a cute and loving little girl.

Love and heartfelt thoughts sent.
All dogs are special, but I know where their hearts are for having to say goodbye to a Dachshund.
I'll be a mess when Gretchen's time comes.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, so sad. Sorry to hear this Leni. So so tough to do. We had a miniature doxie, and what a special little guy he was. Will never forget him. Best wishes to your son and his wife for getting through this tough time.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm really sorry to hear this and understand your loss; we're still grieving over having to put down Tailor Blue. You and your family will be in our thoughts.

Kane

Pet are family members, I am sorry for their loss.

A dog, in my view, is oh so more dear than a mere family member. That unconditional love, no matter what. That wildly wagging tail and excitement every time they see you come home. They way they look deep in your eyes, or lick your face or hand, for absolutely no reason at all. They way they guard you from any imagined danger, ready to give their own life for yours. Always wanting nothing but to please.

Yes, a dog is so much more than family. And it's especially hard to see them go.

A damn cat? .... meh, not so much.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
A dog, in my view, is oh so more dear than a mere family member. That unconditional love, no matter what. That wildly wagging tail and excitement every time they see you come home. They way they look deep in your eyes, or lick your face or hand, for absolutely no reason at all. They way they guard you from any imagined danger, ready to give their own life for yours. Always wanting nothing but to please.

Yes, a dog is so much more than family. And it's especially hard to see them go.

A damn cat? .... meh, not so much.
Tailor Blue would always run to the door to meet us; often he would be sitting in the window by the door looking for us.
We had to make sure he was "introduced" to friends and tradesmen when they first came so he would know it was
okay for them to be there in order to avoid him hamstringing them as intruders. He was a loving companion and a fearless
seven and a half pound attack cat.

There are lazy cats that don't seem to give a damn; there are dogs that wouldn't get off the couch to keep their person
from being stabbed multiple times right in front of them. It all depends on how you raise the animal. I have had dogs and
cats for most of my life and have had unconditional love and loyalty from them all. There are obvious differences; cats may
not fetch really well and dogs don't do much to keep mice in check but when it comes to love and loyalty there is no real
distinction. If that is not true it is likely the fault of the human.

Leni

Update:
My DIL went from Fraizer Park clear down to Long Beach to a doxie rescue show. She got there early and was about to leave when a couple brought in a 5 year old doxie that they had been fostering. She looks exactly like Lily. She had been bred for 5 years and had cigarette burns on her tiny body. It was love at first sight. It took only one day for Haley to realize that she had a forever home.

We haven't met her yet. The poor thing is on prozac due to her abuse. Marshall and Stephanie did not even take her outside for a few days because she was so terrified. They are not going to bring her down to us for a while because she might think that she is being given away again. I'm looking forward to meeting this baby.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah, Leni that's wonderful. :clap::clap::clap:

We've only ever had to put one dog to sleep and, although it was the right thing to do, it was gut wrenching.

A new and loving chapter begins.

Leni

Marshall brought Haley to see us today. The poor thing was hit in the head so hard that it broke her eye socket. She now has only 50% sight in that eye. She has several cigarette burn scars on her body.

She imediately began to explore this new house and yard but when Marshall went out the front without her she began to cry. He changed the battery in dads car. Now that he's back in the house she is plastered against his side. We think that she's afraid that she's in another new home. It's going to take a while for her to feel secure again.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I hate people who abuse dogs, they should get the same treatment when they are caught.

11743008_10205703385637404_2023164992959256267_n.jpg