• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is it discrimination to ask customers to remove hoods?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Liberals IRATE, Crying Racism Over Simple Request Posted By Family Dollar
in News
by Robert Rich / on January 2, 2015 at 1:38 pm /

In St. Louis, Missouri, a Family Dollar has found themselves in the public spotlight after posting a simple sign requesting customers remove their hoods before entering the store. Of course, the sign sparked a liberal firestorm with cries of racism and discrimination that eventually led to the signs being removed.

With everything that’s going on around the St. Louis area (i.e. Ferguson protesters, rioters, looters) local businesses can’t be too safe when it comes to protecting their business. This may be what prompted the store to request that those entering remove their hoods.

According to KMOV, the sign read, “All Customers: Please remove hoods before entering Family Dollar.”

For the objective and unbiased thinker, this makes perfect sense in that it ensures everyone who enters the store is intent on following the rules, knowing that the cameras can get a clear shot of their face.

Kusloshiai Webb, a St. Louis resident, agreed with the sign, explaining, “They want people’s faces to be seen by the cameras and sometimes when you have on a hood, it might block your facial view.”

Judy Cardona, a customer of a St. Louis Family Dollar, echoed Webb’s sentiment by saying, “It gives you more picture of the person.”

Add in here the frequent and recent robberies that took place in the chain store’s nearby locations, and you can understand why they would have put up such a sign. As KMOV reports:

Within the past few weeks, a clerk at the Family Dollar on South Jefferson was held at gunpoint during an alleged robbery.

During a separate incident at Family Dollar’s South Grand location, a man opened fire.

Not everyone felt the sign was a reasonable security request, however, as the news outlet was called to investigate on account of the sign’s ‘discriminatory undertone.’ When asked his thoughts on the sign, one customer, Roger Williams, explained, “I would call it discrimination. That’s not right. It shouldn’t matter that you’re going in there with your hood on. If you’re not stealing, and you’re buying, purchasing something, what’s the problem? That shouldn’t be an issue.”

more: http://madworldnews.com/racism-request-family-dollar/

Attachments

• PleaseRemoveHoods.png
    PleaseRemoveHoods.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 88

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WTF? It doesn't say "black people - please remove your hood".

Banks have had signs like that for years. Please remove all hats, hoods and sunglasses.

How about they re-word it. "You'll be profiled if you leave your hood on. You will also not receive service".

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The reason you ask people to remove their hoods is so the security cameras mounted on the ceiling can record their faces. With a hood up it obscures the face. Ditto baseball caps. It is one reason I mounted a camera on the wall at 5'8" off the ground facing straight at the cash register.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
remove your guns but not your hoods, liberal hog wash it aint just blacks I have seen a lot of white dudes with pants that don't fit and hoods on. now that the sign is down, does that mean clansmen can go in in uniform I'd bet that would spark controversy. I also bet that there would be no objection to a sign that stated clansmen need to remove their hoods before entering.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Having worked as a security guard in the past ANY kind of hat even a baseball cap will block the view of cameras (most look down). Also most places are to cheap to buy good cameras and equipment.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it is a private business. you should be able to set some rules . if it's to protect others or not.
removing a hood isn't bad. finding shoes and shirt may be harder.
I would think it isn't discriminatory.