• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Humor, sarcasm, irony, and other fun stuff

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
un

til nightfall
Actually, some day in the future ( near I hope ) the battery development will catch up to the solar panel development. I have a stand alone system off grid at my cabin. I have 28kw of lithium batteries running a 10,000 watt inverter, charged by a 2400 watt solar array at 24v. during the day the batteries remain full charged even when running a electric hot water heater, microwave, everything. I think I could even get away with a small a/c unit. At night that 28 kw will lose about 4-5 volts from the batteries with the hot water tank off. It works at the cabin because most of the time I am there in the summer and sunny days in the winter. It has not failed me yet, but a couple no sun days in a row would likely leave me running generator or sitting in the dark. The panels seem to work ok through clouds but Rain, snow or smoke they are severely effected. Renewable energy is almost there but not quite.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, some day in the future ( near I hope ) the battery development will catch up to the solar panel development. I have a stand alone system off grid at my cabin. I have 28kw of lithium batteries running a 10,000 watt inverter, charged by a 2400 watt solar array at 24v. during the day the batteries remain full charged even when running a electric hot water heater, microwave, everything. I think I could even get away with a small a/c unit. At night that 28 kw will lose about 4-5 volts from the batteries with the hot water tank off. It works at the cabin because most of the time I am there in the summer and sunny days in the winter. It has not failed me yet, but a couple no sun days in a row would likely leave me running generator or sitting in the dark. The panels seem to work ok through clouds but Rain, snow or smoke they are severely effected. Renewable energy is almost there but not quite.

I agree, it's not quite where it needs to be yet, but the last ten years has brought a lot of progress, I hope and expect that we'll be pleasantly surprised in another ten years.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Screenshot_20211121-193746_Facebook.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Coming home from Springfield to St Louis this Sunday, I noticed a lot of drivers had consumed enough turkey meat and were looking for bear.

Reactions: Doc