• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi. Im Olivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Il will be at work today, I hope yall will miss me!! I promise to come back tonight. Love ya!!
Don't believe that "1year younger" crap from Franc. He's an old man and his wife would beat him to death and dump his body at sea.

I hope that your personal life takes a turn for the better and, being old like Franc, I have the age and experience to know that it will but it's tough at the time.

Stick around. You sound like fun.
I already told Olivia I was 74. She has no worries with me.

And yes the wife would bury me at sea. She can sail our boat better than me. And, is a far better shot.

Whilst that is not why I've been good for 55 years, I do tend to keep it in the back of my mind.

olivia24

One of my former fencing students/team captains is in Reston. I'm actually seeing her this weekend, but she is coming back here instead of me going to Virginia.

I used to get to that area of the country but not so much anymore. Virginia is a pretty cool state, lots of history, very diverse with politics and population. Interesting place.
Mountains and beach, and yes lots of history.

olivia24

I already told Olivia I was 74. She has no worries with me.

And yes the wife would bury me at sea. She can sail our boat better than me. And, is a far better shot.

Whilst that is not why I've been good for 55 years, I do tend to keep it in the back of my mind.
Keep your gun locked up!!

olivia24

I have never fired it. He let me pull the trigger unloaded of course and that thing wont be going off by accident. Very hard for me to pull.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have never fired it. He let me pull the trigger unloaded of course and that thing wont be going off by accident. Very hard for me to pull.
I gonna suggest you get some range time. You need not to be surprised when that thing goes off. It is the last place you want to be if you really need to use the weapon.

BTW what is it? A wheel gun or acp?

My wife carries a S&W five shot 38 with a red laser. Her plan is to point the thing at the intruder's chest and let the cats do the rest. Failing that she will pull the trigger. Having practiced with the weapon, she will not be surprised.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont about a wheel gun or acp. It is a 5 shot revolver made in brazil
Nickname for a revolver is "wheel gun"
Made in Brazil means it is probably a Taurus brand gun. They are a large manufacturer in Brazil with lots of customers in the US.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont about a wheel gun or acp. It is a 5 shot revolver made in brazil
A revolver is the best choice for women I believe. At a glance you can see if it is loaded by seeing the rim of the cartridge casing.
You will find it much easier to fire if you pull the hammer back to full cock. Then the gun will fire with a short light pull of the trigger.
It does have an exposed hammer doesn't it?
I have two daughters about your age. Both have concealed carry permits and both have hand guns. You Dad was a smart man.
But, as suggested here a little range time with that revolver would be a very good idea.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This might sound like a stupid question but can i just take it in my car to a place to shoot it?
Not sure how many public ranges you might have in your area. Any chance your father could take you?
For me that would be what I would want.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Many counties that have active hunters and deer or other game will have an out door informal county owned range.
Your State DNR may be able to help.
Private indoor ranges I am sure you should be able to fine. Some provide instruction for a fee.

olivia24

Enough gun talk, lol. After work me and my roomie had a drink and the bartender was such a cute guy. Going to lay out for awhile on the beach saturday. Maybe i will catch the eye of an attentive lifeguard!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This might sound like a stupid question but can i just take it in my car to a place to shoot it?
That depends on the state your in. For most of the eastern states I would say no. You would need a license to carry.

Unload the weapon, put the ammunition in the trunk and then yes, you would likely be safe to travel.

Some one here may know about Virginia but you can ask the local law officers. Or call the shooting range and ask them.

One would think "shall not be infringed" was pretty clear on this but unfortunately it is applied differently state by state.

olivia24

That depends on the state your in. For most of the eastern states I would say no. You would need a license to carry.

Unload the weapon, put the ammunition in the trunk and then yes, you would likely be safe to travel.

Some one here may know about Virginia but you can ask the local law officers. Or call the shooting range and ask them.

One would think "shall not be infringed" was pretty clear on this but unfortunately it is applied differently state by state.
Im sure my dad would know.

olivia24

Here is the forecast for Saturday. Looks perfect

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 80. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My advice on men lol

Look for intact family, Christian roots, or other religion.
Educated, and well mannered.
I know sounds old fashioned.... But so is a life time of commitment to marriage, old fashioned these days...

olivia24

My advice on men lol

Look for intact family, Christian roots, or other religion.
Educated, and well mannered.
I know sounds old fashioned.... But so is a life time of commitment to marriage, old fashioned these days...
Its been 4 months so im ready for some short term fun, but long term, yes indeed!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Transport laws for firearms vary by state. You need to follow your state laws.

If you don't have a license to carry the gun then most states will require that the gun be transported UNLOADED and in a secured container or in the trunk of your car. Some states require the ammunition be separated from the firearm in a different box. I don't know the specific laws for Virginia but you may want to check your state laws for transporting a firearm to a shooting range.

PJL

Welcome aboard Olivia. I spent some time in Virginia Beach when I worked for the US Army. Nice place.

I live out west now.

I'm usually in the snowcat forum. Come check us out.

olivia24

Welcome aboard Olivia. I spent some time in Virginia Beach when I worked for the US Army. Nice place.

I live out west now.

I'm usually in the snowcat forum. Come check us out.
Ill check it out, but my knowlege of snowcats is equal to my knowlege of algebra!! We need a relationship advice forum so yall can tell me how to find the perfect man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.