• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn Check Writers

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
My Grandmother wil turn 98 this Saturday. She still works one or two days a week. And, deals only in cash. She has a savings account. For bills, she goes to the bank and has a cashiers check cut. For all else, she deals in cash.

Sometimes it is a wait in line with her, while she counts out exact change. Tough some time, because the kid cashiers don't know how to count change:hammer:

Sounds like majoring in minor shit. I go to the line that says CASH ONLY, and I have my wallet ready when the total is rung. This ain't hard shit to figure out...at least for me it ain't hard.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I must be lucky as I rarely come in behind a check writer.

I do however always seem to get the person that has to complete the transaction with exact change. The total is $14.96. Instead of handing over the $10 and $5 you have showing, they dig through the bottom of their purse looking for (4) $1's and 96 cents in change.

Hey, I pay with exact change once I have my 10 debit transactions for the month done. Of course I usually have it already figured and counted out before they are done ringing it up. I love the kids who can't figure change unless the register tells them what it is.:whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with you Tom. Been there done that. Even old ladies who balance their checkbook know before all the merchandise is rung up that they are going to pay by check. They should get out the checkbook and start writing the check ...what else is there to do while waiting for the clerk to finish up and bag your stuff. It is not that my time is so precious, it's simply a total waste of time for no reason that could have been avoided had the check writer had their chit together. I've seen some who will write the check and then flip to the check register and proceed to enter this entry and subtract it from their balance. :eek: Rude rude rude!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Meh, everyones in such a big hurry these days..

Having said that, what DOES chap my ass is when people stand in line and flap with the cashiers because they know them personally.
Now THAT bothers me. If you want to have a lengthy conversation, do it on your own time.
I agree with it being rude Doc, when anyone stops to balance a check book, that can wait until you get in the car or once you get home.

When I shop and see the lines are long, I do make out the check first (when I use them, that is)..

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Meh, everyones in such a big hurry these days..

Having said that, what DOES chap my ass is when people stand in line and flap with the cashiers because they know them personally.
Now THAT bothers me. If you want to have a lengthy conversation, do it on your own time.
I agree with it being rude Doc, when anyone stops to balance a check book, that can wait until you get in the car or once you get home.

When I shop and see the lines are long, I do make out the check first (when I use them, that is)..

Nope not me PG I dont get in a hurry about nothing :biggrin: I also haven,t waited in line or put up with near the BS Ya,ll do for the last several years . Sometimes it pays bein a hermit :w00t2: