• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Covid-19 A Personal Experience

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The President is rightly pointing out Biden's lack of experience with Covid-19 as compares to his personal one. Very personal.

My doctor believes I may have had it although I tested negative last July. But we didn't test for anti bodies. I had the symptoms and raspatory distress last February to the point I went on oxygen.

Today we found out our son/grandson we are raising likely has Covid-19. Apparently contracted it at school. Test results come tomorrow, but the Doctor ruled out other Flu's or a common cold.

We are worried but will continue life as normal. The exception being we wear our N-95's and Temperature monitor stickers all the time now. And I am keeping to myself at work as much as possible. Social distancing so to speak. But we are a true essential industry and have 24 people on the payroll. So, the plant must run.

Cathy will stay home and perform the work of her management activities from there.

According to the Doc, the strain we have here in MO is milder than the New York version. I know what I had last February and it was anything but "mild."

We shall see.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Never tested but I think I might have had it in January. Only symptom was a bad cough and a burning sensation in my bronchial tubes when I coughed. IDK, it could have been some other bug.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure I had it back in February.
I'll never know, I do know I've been tested a dozen times so far and have been negative.

Francis, all the best for your grandson.
:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope that the test comes back negative and sets both your minds at rest.

It's the uncertainty of it Franc. We're still clear and we're basically taking the same precautions as we did 6 months ago and we'll continue to do so.

We have known about half a dozen people who have caught it. Four of them said it wasn't anything at all. They felt a little bit crappy for two or three days and then they were fine. They said it was like a mild flu at worst. Nothing at all. They spent the rest of their quarantine lazing around the house or piddling in the garden. With the other two it was a totally different story. One was really sick and she's still having problems almost 3 months later. The other one, her husband, it darned near killed him. He was in hospital for a long time but eventually got better, kinda. I saw him in town about 3 weeks ago and let's just say that he has aged ... a lot.

If I could be guaranteed that it would be like a mild flu, I'd say go ahead and catch it and get it over with. On the other hand I don't want to be spending weeks in a hospital on a ventilator so I think we'll just carry on doing what we're doing and hope for the best. It may get us eventually but it is going to have to work at it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Day two of the Covid-19 Quarantine with our grandson Jesse. I'm getting nowhere near him, his room, or his belongings. Cooked dinner, fed the animals and had a shower.
The wife, whom must service the poor kid, and I stay away from each other. Our new honeymoon put on pause.

Just like being married ya know.

We should have the diagnosis confirmed today.

If so, plans are for me to stay at work. I might go and close our lake camp and bring the little camper home so I can live in it at the plant. I'm not happy about that as we have the camp rented until November.

The lake area is beautiful in the fall which here in the Ozarks lasts until after Thanksgiving. Cool nights with pleasant days and few bugs. It is a good time to sail or motor on the lake.

It is a shame we must waste that time because of this Chinese flu.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For those of you currently involved I'm praying the tests come back negative. Having to deal with it inside the home must be a special sort of hell and I hope you all are able to stay safe and healthy.

Based on tracking the disease, and travel, the foreign exchange students from China returned back to the US in January. One of our local schools has roughly 50 Chinese nationals that returned to the US in early January. We got lucky and none of those kids seems to have been infected and none seems to have spread it. But they do give us a reasonable timeline.

So the kids come back to the US in early January. The business travelers who had dealings in China mostly came back AFTER the kids because their American offices were generally closed for the holidays and they traveled to China and then back from China in mid-January. Most of the high school level students study in large metropolitan areas while most of the college age students are in college towns or urban colleges in large metro areas.

Vacation travelers would have met up with Chinese vacation travelers over the Christmas holidays and returned right about the beginning of January. These people could be from anywhere in the US but likely would be wealthier Americans traveling to places like Hawaii as that is a common destination spot for Chinese travelers. Other common places are also located in the South Pacific, like Bali.

So we have 3 timelines that bring us to the beginning to middle of January that are all plausible. The question is, for those who believe they were infected very early in the stages of this spread, how would you have come in contact with one of these people? Or even in contact with someone who was in contact?

Just based on timelines, it is unlikely that most of us could have been exposed to Covid in January. It is just statistically very highly unlikely.

As the time unfolds to February it is still highly unlikely for anyone from any rural area to have been infected unless they traveled to urban centers where infection was already setting in, namely New York, Portland or Seattle. Even at that time the outbreaks in LA and San Francisco had not become widespread.

It was not until early March that cases were confirmed in parts of the central mid-west, and those were typically traced to travel to a major coastal city. After mid-March then I'd believe anything could logically be tied to Covid in all but the most remote towns and cities.

There was a strain of the flu that was going our nation which started in the fall of last year and was still bouncing around in January and February and it is far more likely that anyone with severe respiratory symptoms prior to mid-March had a strain of the flu.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
For those of you currently involved I'm praying the tests come back negative. Having to deal with it inside the home must be a special sort of hell and I hope you all are able to stay safe and healthy.

Based on tracking the disease, and travel, the foreign exchange students from China returned back to the US in January. One of our local schools has roughly 50 Chinese nationals that returned to the US in early January. We got lucky and none of those kids seems to have been infected and none seems to have spread it. But they do give us a reasonable timeline.

So the kids come back to the US in early January. The business travelers who had dealings in China mostly came back AFTER the kids because their American offices were generally closed for the holidays and they traveled to China and then back from China in mid-January. Most of the high school level students study in large metropolitan areas while most of the college age students are in college towns or urban colleges in large metro areas.

Vacation travelers would have met up with Chinese vacation travelers over the Christmas holidays and returned right about the beginning of January. These people could be from anywhere in the US but likely would be wealthier Americans traveling to places like Hawaii as that is a common destination spot for Chinese travelers. Other common places are also located in the South Pacific, like Bali.

So we have 3 timelines that bring us to the beginning to middle of January that are all plausible. The question is, for those who believe they were infected very early in the stages of this spread, how would you have come in contact with one of these people? Or even in contact with someone who was in contact?

Just based on timelines, it is unlikely that most of us could have been exposed to Covid in January. It is just statistically very highly unlikely.

As the time unfolds to February it is still highly unlikely for anyone from any rural area to have been infected unless they traveled to urban centers where infection was already setting in, namely New York, Portland or Seattle. Even at that time the outbreaks in LA and San Francisco had not become widespread.

It was not until early March that cases were confirmed in parts of the central mid-west, and those were typically traced to travel to a major coastal city. After mid-March then I'd believe anything could logically be tied to Covid in all but the most remote towns and cities.

There was a strain of the flu that was going our nation which started in the fall of last year and was still bouncing around in January and February and it is far more likely that anyone with severe respiratory symptoms prior to mid-March had a strain of the flu.

First, thanks for the kind thoughts. Much appreciated.

Secondly, whilst it is very unlikely that I suffered the Covid-19, my travels to the east coast in late January made it quite possible. And I can even suggest the person from whom I possibly contracted the ailment.

Add to that, I get the flu most every winter, this whether I or not take a flu shot in the fall. I can attest the case I had this year was unlike any other with the possible exception of the Hong Kong flu I suffered back in 1967.

In that case, at the age of 21, I almost died. Certainly wanted to. I never felt so bad ever before or since and I was out of sorts for over two weeks back then.
My wife, who seldom gets the flu, also contracted whatever that was last February.

The event this last February was worse than the Hong Kong. And had I not had Oxygen equipment on hand, I know I would have been in hospital shorty. Or deceased. But we didn't know much about Covid-19 then, so no one considered it a possibility.

I'm betting PG is of the same circumstances. And likely many Americans who were sick last winter and thought all they had was the commo flu. After all that's what Dr Fauci and the "experts" claimed at the time. Covid-19 was "just a flu." No worries.:hammer:

Since that was six months ago, I doubt antibodies still exist for it. But if they do, I am hoping it protects me and the wife from exposure in my household.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What I had wasn't like anything I have ever had before.
That's what initially caused us to quarantine our back ward.
That was in February.
A bunch of us at work to this day still say I betcha we had this back then.
All I know is it appears to be gone now.
We open up for family visits on the 12th.
Carefully.
We've been told the mask wearing and social distancing will likely continue into December or beyond.
I won't gripe about that.
Not after what we've been through at Northcrest.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The more I think about it the more I understand why we discounted it being the Wuhan flu. For the very reasons Melen's dad cited, we presumed it unlikely to have been the Covid-19.

But if you review the news of that time, only the President was doing much about the infection and trying not to panic the population with hysterical claims.

Good or bad choice? I dunno. At best, more warnings, and more fear, would likely have changed nothing. The media would have scolded him more for Xenophobia's, and fear mongering. And Pelosi would have still visited Chinatown un-masked.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And Pelosi would have still visited Chinatown un-masked.
Don't forget the Health Department Commissioner for NYC and Mayor DeBlasio both got on TV and invited people to come celebrate Chinese New Year in NYC, to ride the subways, to eat at restaurants.

Linky dinky doo --> https://news.yahoo.com/timeline-bill-blasio-prepared-york-143655136.html
Mayor de Blasio said in a press availability that day, “People should be very clear about what this disease is and what it isn’t, and New Yorkers, I always say, are not intimidated easily. New Yorkers should go about our lives, continue doing what we do. . . . We understand some things about this disease. As I said, others are still unclear. But what is clear is the only way you get it is with substantial contact with someone who already has it. You don’t get it from a surface. You don’t get it from glancing or very temporary contact based on what we know now.”

Health Commissioner Barbot tweeted, “As we gear up to celebrate the Lunar New Year in NYC, I want to assure New Yorkers that there is no reason for anyone to change their holiday plans, avoid the subway, or certain parts of the city because of coronavirus.”

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't forget the Health Department Commissioner for NYC and Mayor DeBlasio both got on TV and invited people to come celebrate Chinese New Year in NYC, to ride the subways, to eat at restaurants.

Linky dinky doo --> https://news.yahoo.com/timeline-bill-blasio-prepared-york-143655136.html

This from guys who now blames the President for being reckless in doing nothing about Covid-19 thus allowing I to spread.

In truth Trump's so called "Xenophobic" closing of the border from China is likely the best thing he ever did for the American population. He did it long before the buffoons' on the left rubbed two ideas together and weaponized the epidemic for political gains.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's 8:25 PM here and we just got word via text that Jesse's COVID-19 test was negative. That explains why he hasn't had symptoms for three days.

He returns to class tomorrow.

All this over a cough and a fever. Geeze Louise does this pandemic has us all overreacting. We had no choice in the matter since the school sent him home and demanded the test.

Lucky for him. He had grandma at his beck and call. That and our 3 year old granddaughter who can out active the energizer bunny. The woman is tired tonight.

So, I will draw a warm bath in the Jacuzzi, make Earl Grey tea, and later a massage' with essential oils. She will return to work tomorrow as well and I don't want her crabby.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Good to hear, Franc!! I believe this has been politicized too much and the population has been convinced we're being attacked by the black plague.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I read a story yesterday on the Daily Mail where they said there is a recommendation for nursing homes to stop using the rapid tests because they had a 60% rate of false positives. Sounds to me like some of these tests need to be taken off the market.

Until society accepts the new reality that this Chinese developed bio-weapon is not going away and can't be stopped by the current sanitary theater that everyone is performing then the world is going to continue it's path of hysteria.

Considering that China processes about 90% of the world's DNA tests and all that data is now accessible by the Chinese government it is just a matter of time before they manufacture targeted viruses that attack the dna of the populations that they oppose. This is a new war front and we are blindly ignorant to forthcoming attacks.