• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, that's why our meeting got so heated.
I opened my mouth, even being fully vaccinated as did some others.
Do they really care about the care of patients and residents?
No, they DO care about keeping facilities open and running with funding coming in.
Even though most healthcare facilities are already short staffed and struggling, they do not give two shits.
Comply and obey, or suffer the consequences.
I never thought I'd live to see anything like this.
😥😡
Since the issue of funding seems pertinent to the choices given, I would suggest this isn't about safety of the facilities, but power.
There simply has not been enough success with the "vaccine" to motivate and encourage the public to get the "free" shot.

Over 650,000 people die of the Flu every year. Vaccinations, that aren't free, haven't done much to save them from themselves. People still get them, every year, on purpose. However, we don't hear cries for mandates and lock downs over the Flu.

Why is that?

Perhaps because it is obviously not possible to control the people with a trumped-up fear of the known.

This pandemic was not from natural causes. Did our enemies create it?
Did our government assist them? Perhaps we should focus our attention from "what" we should fear, to whom.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Likely true. But I doubt COVID 19 was invented as much for profit, as political power.
The global elite saw COVID as an opportunity to advance their "Build Back Better" agenda. They manipulated it to get rid of Trump who was going to crush them on the strength of the economy before COVID. Once they got rid of Trump they can now focus on destroy the American ideals like liberty and restricted government.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd recommend to all who view this thread that we are NOT in the political or debate area so PLEASE let's keep this thread to actual information about the disease, treatment, etc.

You all know I have no problem discussing politics, but this is not the thread for that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd recommend to all who view this thread that we are NOT in the political or debate area so PLEASE let's keep this thread to actual information about the disease, treatment, etc.

You all know I have no problem discussing politics, but this is not the thread for that.
I would suggest sir with all due respect COVID is beyond political

You cannot separate the two. The simple fact is our government let us down.
The subject of politics and Covid is as fungible as Wuhan lab gain of function funding
So I would also suggest some latitude.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have maintained, throughout this thread, the general topic of medical information and updates.

We have debate areas for politics, and there is a lot of we can get into but this thread generally stays out of those and sticks with news about the actual virus, treatments, etc.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I will add that even the medical advice and information from either side of the spectrum has been and will continue to be highly political.

From the left's initial refusal to accept the Trump vaccine to their complete flip-flop once Biden was elected to the fervor around mediocre and questionably effective treatments like Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin from those that now oppose the vaccine.

The whole thing is political, the one thing that is missing is true long term double blind large scale studies into the effectiveness of any treatment plan. Everyone is a guinea pig at this time. For the government to mandate these experimental and questionable treatments is in my opinion criminally negligent. But I doubt we will ever hold anyone accountable for forcing these treatments and certainly not for the illegal funding of the research that created this pandemic.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I will add that even the medical advice and information from either side of the spectrum has been and will continue to be highly political.

From the left's initial refusal to accept the Trump vaccine to their complete flip-flop once Biden was elected to the fervor around mediocre and questionably effective treatments like Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin from those that now oppose the vaccine.

The whole thing is political, the one thing that is missing is true long term double blind large scale studies into the effectiveness of any treatment plan. Everyone is a guinea pig at this time. For the government to mandate these experimental and questionable treatments is in my opinion criminally negligent. But I doubt we will ever hold anyone accountable for forcing these treatments and certainly not for the illegal funding of the research that created this pandemic.
It is in fact against the law to force anyone to take an unproven drug.

Making it available in an emergency is legal
Forcing people to take is not.

Ceee

Site Supporter
There's a new covid variant out there. Supposedly, it's not in the US yet. According to the news that I heard, it's possibly more transmissible, possibly more resistant to the current vaccines that we have, and seems to affecting younger people.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Once again, Flip-flop Fauci is proving he is truly an enemy of the people:

I swear these people want to see the pandemic get worse so they can advance their agenda and their wallets.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Once again, Flip-flop Fauci is proving he is truly an enemy of the people:

I swear these people want to see the pandemic get worse so they can advance their agenda and their wallets.
Flight ban starts on Monday

Affects 8 nations, so far.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Kinda reminds me of 2014/2016?
Ebola.
Outbreak never QUITE made it to the US.
They tried "ring vaccination" over there.
Of course it wasn't trumped by Obama in those days as much as covid is now.
Perhaps Moderna and Pfizer will hurry up with yet another unsafe clot shot.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kinda reminds me of 2014/2016?
Ebola.
Outbreak never QUITE made it to the US.
They tried "ring vaccination" over there.
Of course it wasn't trumped by Obama in those days as much as covid is now.
Perhaps Moderna and Pfizer will hurry up with yet another unsafe clot shot.
Pfizer announced they can get one on the market in about 100 days. Distribution is a bigger problem than mRNA development so distribution takes longer than computer developed viruses.

At this point none is in development for the new variant.

Nobody knows if it is spreading faster, if it is more lethal, etc etc etc. We should have a better understanding in about 30 days.

Most viruses tend to become less lethal over time. The reality is that those people who are "at risk" are the ones who need to be concerned. The average healthy citizen will likely get it, get a little bit sick, and recover.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pfizer announced they can get one on the market in about 100 days. Distribution is a bigger problem than mRNA development so distribution takes longer than computer developed viruses.

At this point none is in development for the new variant.

Nobody knows if it is spreading faster, if it is more lethal, etc etc etc. We should have a better understanding in about 30 days.

Most viruses tend to become less lethal over time. The reality is that those people who are "at risk" are the ones who need to be concerned. The average healthy citizen will likely get it, get a little bit sick, and recover.
If you say so.
But I know what I know.
Thanks Bob.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you say so.
But I know what I know.
Thanks Bob.
I don't know what that means.

There is no published data on how fast this new one spread.

There is no published data on how less/more lethal this variant is. But we know from history that most viruses tend to be less lethal over time.

Based on the current data, and based on published information, we pretty much only know what history tells us about viruses.

That said, it seems prudent that "at risk" people are the ones who need to take precautions. And we know that obese, immunosuppressed, elderly and people with pulmonary issues are the highest risks for the current Covid strains so it's reasonable to continue to use those risk factors as the starting points for the new strain.

Late today Pfizer stated it will take at least 2 weeks to know anything about the risks (if there are any) of this new variant. Earlier today the CDC and the WHO both said it will take roughly 4 weeks to know if this variant is going to become an issue. So right now it is just like many other variants and probably should simply be watched to see if it is simply hype.

So what do you know that I am not saying?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Too bad the new pill is not as effective as originally hoped.

With any luck failures like this will put more pressure on governments to try cheap and apparently effective drugs like Ivermectin. The reality is that people at risk need a treatment. It is easier to distribute pills to remote corners of the road than it is to move temperature sensitive injectables.

Ivermectin has not been proven, conclusively, to work. But it has been shown, anecdotally, to be very effective. Why we keep wasting our time and huge amounts of money on new drugs without testing what we have is baffling.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Too bad the new pill is not as effective as originally hoped.

With any luck failures like this will put more pressure on governments to try cheap and apparently effective drugs like Ivermectin. The reality is that people at risk need a treatment. It is easier to distribute pills to remote corners of the road than it is to move temperature sensitive injectables.

Ivermectin has not been proven, conclusively, to work. But it has been shown, anecdotally, to be very effective. Why we keep wasting our time and huge amounts of money on new drugs without testing what we have is baffling.
Like G&T says, I think the drug companies and investors know there will never be a 100% cure. We are suppose to believe that. They know its going to mutate and that is a cash cow for them. Giving out something cheap and effective goes against the narritive. Fact: in the civil war, repeating rifles were available but not given, because they thought you would waist ammunition while trying to survive. Does anyone really believe the government has anyones best interest at heart, besides there own.