• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Classic Cars Pre 1953 post them here

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A thrilling 1935 MG NB Airline Coupe, in spectacular red. (Norwegian MG Drivers Club)

ClassicCars30.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
CC180-DD-01.jpg

Comments: 3

Post Image

My first car was a 1939 ford Coupe. But in truth this was my first.

At the ripe age f 13 my friend Greg and I bought on in 1960, a total disaster. Top gone but the frame, upholstery rotten because it sat outside for years.
Engine ran, sorta.
Bought for $50 we got started on all the wrong things first, like upholstery. My quasi cousin Burr, ad a shop that did tops and seats. He taught me everything but didn't tell mom. Within a year it was road worthy. Again, sorta. But back then, safety inspections were not required. However, being 16 with a driver's license was. So the cops pulled us over and somehow that got to mom and dad.

Mom made me sell my share, IE $25 so my buddy got a deal. An a year later, he drove it to school

Add some rust to the quarter panels, rockers, and over the headlights and it looked a lot like this one.

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
CC180-DD-01.jpg

Comments: 3

Post Image

My first car was a 1939 ford Coupe. But in truth this was my first.

At the ripe age f 13 my friend Greg and I bought on in 1960, a total disaster. Top gone but the frame, upholstery rotten because it sat outside for years.
Engine ran, sorta.
Bought for $50 we got started on all the wrong things first, like upholstery. My quasi cousin Burr, ad a shop that did tops and seats. He taught me everything but didn't tell mom. Within a year it was road worthy. Again, sorta. But back then, safety inspections were not required. However, being 16 with a driver's license was. So the cops pulled us over and somehow that got to mom and dad.

Mom made me sell my share, IE $25 so my buddy got a deal. An a year later, he drove it to school

Add some rust to the quarter panels, rockers, and over the headlights and it looked a lot like this one.
Aniy idea how much those cars weighted? They were built like a tank.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Aniy idea how much those cars weighted? They were built like a tank.
The 1950's Ford Ragtopn with three on a tree tranny weighed about 3200 Lbs

My 1956 Pontiac Star-Chief with the 316 CUI V/8,,, 4BBL carb and four speed Hydromantic tranny weighed in at 3,800 lbs

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The 1950's Ford Ragtopn with three on a tree tranny weighed about 3200 Lbs

My 1956 Pontiac Star-Chief with the 316 CUI V/8,,, 4BBL carb and four speed Hydromantic tranny weighed in at 3,800 lbs
Thanks Franc. i would have guessed over 5k. I never drove one that old but a neighbor had one and to knock on the hood or fender it was so solid. Nothing like todays cars, yet they were not that heavy. Good engineering for the times.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We used to sit on the hood at the Drive in Theatres. Yeah, those cars were solid.

My Two seat roadster Crossfire weighs in at 3,000 lbs. I too thought the old ones were heavier.

chowderman

it's here

hybrid/multi year custom build....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
it's here

hybrid/multi year custom build....
Kewl. Thanks Chowder!!! :tiphat:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
1915 Packard, twin six (V12) one of seven built...

Attachments

• IMG_8077.jpeg
    IMG_8077.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8076.jpeg
    IMG_8076.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8075.jpeg
    IMG_8075.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8074.jpeg
    IMG_8074.jpeg