• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Boating Oops

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tie down straps are IMPORTANT. :bonk:

Attachments

• BoatingOops3.jpg
    BoatingOops3.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 471

Bannedjoe

Boats are like an accident just waiting to happen.
Launching, recovery, towing, and even in the water.

I had a 17 foot runabout for a while, and I can't count how many near death experiences I had with it.

I have another acronym for boat:
Bet On Another Tragedy.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Boats are like an accident just waiting to happen.
Launching, recovery, towing, and even in the water.

I had a 17 foot runabout for a while, and I can't count how many near death experiences I had with it.

I have another acronym for boat:
Bet On Another Tragedy.

I've been boating most all of my life. Owned a motorized punt when I was 10 years old. Owned my own ski boat at 17 years old. I now own a fleet of about 5 large watercraft plus assorted canoes, kayaks and a Pond Prowler.
29 foot sailboat, 27 foot cabin cruiser, two ski boats and a GT 150 James Bond Live or Let Die runabout.

Never came close to a disaster in any of them any different than the close calls I regularly avoid in driving my cars or trucks. No matter which you enjoy, stupid or carelessness do not belong in either form of transportation.

Post 22 is the only unavoidable reality of boat ownership. To that possibility, I plead guilty. BTW, they build those Bankruptcy kits just down the street from my packaging plant. Temptation beyond belief.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Boating season is near ... BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. A season can be ruined before it starts.

Attachments

• boat03a.jpg
    boat03a.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 419
  • boat03b.jpg
    boat03b.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 423
  • boat03c.jpg
    boat03c.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 569

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oops

Attachments

• boatoops.jpg
    boatoops.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 386

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . . . .

Attachments

• 900E4317-AEF9-4868-BBE9-A51B1AF801FC.jpeg
    900E4317-AEF9-4868-BBE9-A51B1AF801FC.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 375

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
SCARY! Four women in a boat got swept up in a current near a Texas dam and nearly went over the edge. A nearby boat wasn't strong enough to pull them to safety, but he was able to keep them from falling over until rescuers arrived.

Boating07.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool old boat.
No PFDs.
The blue boat in trouble appears to be an old PONZI or an Arkansas Traveler from the fifties. It also sports and Elgin or Scott-Atwater out board. My wonder is this. How old is this picture and could that explain the lack of PFD's

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is one more. I have no clue what happened but I suspect alcohol was involved.

I think he's saying that houseboat pulled out in front of him. Duh. LOL

Boating08.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't look like the guy in the speedboat is really happy having his photo taken!

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More info ....apparently the dude Bob is referring to was photoshopped into the pic. Duh. He didn't want his pic taken but ....that was for a incident on the ramp. Here is the original pic he was photoshopped from.

PhotoshoppedInBoating8pic.png

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sad. Hate to see that.
Nice looking lake. :thumb:

The lake is roughly 15 miles long. Lots of islands, deep spots, and a few rocks we have to watch for. In the small bay we're in at the south end of the lake, it's 40 ft deep. In the middle, there's a rock that comes up just below the surface. Out in the middle of the first big bay, it's 90ft deep.