• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

8/10/2011

Lithium

Ok..... so....today is a very very important day for me. One year ago today I decided to change my life. I had the Lap Band surgery. It was a scary decision but the right one none the less. Today is my bandiversary!!!:clap: As of today one year ago I have lost 34 pounds. Not a lot but great in my eyes.

Today also marks the day that we had to put my dear Jasper to sleep. I miss him so...:sad:

And today in less then two hours I will be going under the knife again for yet another life altering surgery. Today I will be getting my whole thyroid out and finding out if I have cancer or not.

Wow...25 years old...My 8th surgery later...My life has been a rollercoaster. I am VERY shocked that I am the person I am today. I should be shooting heroin and selling my body on the street...according to what research says....But Im not..

This day is important to me..may not be to anyone else.. but today I give myself props...a pat on the back... a job well done....kuddos...

I never failed at anything... I just found a lot of ways that didn't work....Today... I am superwoman....

Trakternut

Good job on the weight loss. Rusty loves the heck out of you, so take care of yourself. OF course, some of the rest of us like ya too!

Take care, and be sure to let us know the results of the surgery. Take care.

Lithium

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AphKUK8twg&ob=av3e"]‪Alicia Keys - Superwoman‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, happy anniversary and good luck with the road ahead Lith. You can do it girl.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck to the both of you. Prayers are coming your way for a quick recovery and some good news about the possible cancer.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
tthhanks all. this damn hospitle coffee is gonna clear me out hahaha. sorry for the spelling, btw. i am in the waiting room and using my tellular cellophone to be online

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be thinking about Lith today Rusty, even though I'll be distracted at work with my own stuff.
Looking forward to hearing positive news next time I log in.
Much love!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope all went well with the surgery Rusty and thoughts and prayers for Lith for a quick and complete recovery. :flowers:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
thinking of you lith....rusty take care of this amazing woman.:thumb:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NiXSLRalO8"]‪James Blunt - You're beautiful (Radio Edit)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
This day is important to me..may not be to anyone else.. but today I give myself props...a pat on the back... a job well done....kuddos...

I never failed at anything... I just found a lot of ways that didn't work....Today... I am superwoman....

That is where you are wrong, you are part of this dysfunctional family here and are improtant to all of us here!

Congrats on the weight loss, it starts with the first pound like the first step of a long journey! 30+ lost pounds is outstanding! Some of us with better than average builds would love to lose that much!

Good luck on your quest! We need updates.... Oh, where exactly is that hideout of Supermans, I'm in the Arctic a lot and would like to drop by amd check the place out! :flowers:

loboloco

Lith and rusticator, just saw this thread. I hope Lith comes out of this ok. Rusticator, take care of our little girl.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good to hear! Now keep your act together tonight.Tell her we are all pulling for good news.:flowers:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the updates Rusty.

Lith........hang in there. We're here and we care.

Lithium

So hanging in my room now. Thank you to everyone who has sent positive thoughts my way. Recovery was rough. My blood pressure went up and my pulse. They had to give me medication just to get it down. I was EXTREMLY nauseated- but that is bettter now. BTW they just gave me morphine so pls excuse my typing. I will be here overnight and home tomorrow..Will find out the pathology report in a week or so.. fingers crossed it is nothing.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear from you dear. Hang tough and take it easy till you heal. Sleep in a hospital is almost impossible but then again you live with Rusty!:whistling::flowers::flowers::flowers:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So hanging in my room now. Thank you to everyone who has sent positive thoughts my way. Recovery was rough. My blood pressure went up and my pulse. They had to give me medication just to get it down. I was EXTREMLY nauseated- but that is bettter now. BTW they just gave me morphine so pls excuse my typing. I will be here overnight and home tomorrow..Will find out the pathology report in a week or so.. fingers crossed it is nothing.
Whew!
Thanks for the post Lith.
You're probably in snooze land right now, or shortly to be disturbed by a nurse coming in to check on you again.
When you get home, take it easy and update when you can.
You are loved.