• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1968 Tucker 442 New to Me

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I won't but its part of my healing process . Had many close calls with all sorts of equipment in life. Guess I was due.

Think the wife will feel better also!

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh I know how you feel I'm also a champion 9" grinder wrestler and have the scars to prove it!!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
GET IN THE CAT TO START IT. You may end up doing the same trick to your self when the interlock fails and you have to trouble shoot it.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes being in it new requirement. The parking brake on would have done wonders for the situation also.

Have a good second layer of safety to that planned.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy feck dude, glad you came out of that ok. Haven't had a chance to be on here in over a week and worked thru all of the sections leaving the best for last. Did the grimace/jump with the x-rays. I'm guessing MANY people have gotten very lucky over the years doing the exact same thing and the rig being in neutral.
Definitely key to be in the seat & to have that clutch safety switch.

On a good note it looks like your sock was salvageable!:whistling:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I was on the tracks of a 450 john deere when I made the same mistake. lucky for me I had cat like reflexes back then. jumped off than jumped back on to shut it down just as it made contact with a ford truck

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
So stupid me started the cat from outside the cab last night. Was in gear fired off ran me over broke my right leg tib fib three spaces.

Holy Dina ! "chicken wing wish stick snap". Hope you heal quickly from that. Ah man that's a horror story no one wants to experience. Hope you heal well. :flowers:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just helping out the group giving them a safety BREAK! Let's say Tucker has a leg up on me.

Things are progressing amazingly. Staples out Thursday be back driving and mobile again. Hard to believe what the human body and modern medicine can do and short time.

As some say the hand of ???????? was at play here. Thankful

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to revisit my hydraulic lock out (disengages the drives) it works now but dang i'm going to make damm sure I don't have the KT7 walk over me ever.... Thank you for sharing we are all wishing you well.....

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Damn TA! Thanks for sharing this. It is a learning for many of us. So easy to get complacent and that's when we get bit! I just started my cat like that this evening...... Never again. Looks like ya found a good doc..... Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a little shop time after work today. Nice to be getting back out here.Brian Jr demonstrating the new starting procedure for the added layer of safety. Hand must be on key to turn and shifter button depressed. Tough to do outside cab. Like a nuclear missle launch now.

Gave the wildcat a little thank you present with a new led light bar courtesy of Black Friday cyber Monday. This was parked in front of the Tucker and prevented it from continuing forward over my head. Got pushed into the closed garage door bowed it out a little. Front bumber got a little chewed up by the tracks.

Winters coming!

Attachments

• IMG_6629.jpg
    IMG_6629.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_6630.jpg
    IMG_6630.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 330

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like snow is on the way! Getting the Tucker ready and the snow toys out this weekend.

Picked up a key chain as a reminder :

Attachments

• IMG_6661.jpg
    IMG_6661.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 289

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, At least you got a good sense of humor about it !:biggrin: Cold and snow are on the way. I been tempted to get the Tucker out but our 3" of snow compacts to about 1/2":sad::biggrin::biggrin:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have to after all I did run myself over. Think you have a few more coming so get them ready !

Believe it or not can walk without my crutches already. Little slower but back at it. Plan is to head to bear notch road mid week to stretch the legs on this sled.

Thanks to titanium and modern medicine and of course E. Tucker watching over !

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I may get the Passepartout out today, it dont care weather theres snow or not. Bear Notch should be good riding.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Much better ride today that the last one Tucker took me on 4 weeks ago!

Feels good to be on the sno!

Attachments

• IMG_6685.jpg
    IMG_6685.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_6686.jpg
    IMG_6686.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 240

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This bad boy been in storage and seeing first snow since blizzard or 78'

Attachments

• IMG_6687.jpg
    IMG_6687.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 226

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker left me on the trail yesterday. Fortunately it was in the yard. This ignition problem is back and it's intermittent. Turns off like someone hit the key. Let it sit overnight and it touches off ready to run you over .

Thought the coil was the problem but same problem with another. My research is pointing to the msd ready to run 8360 distributor. Going to replace the unit and coil.

Can't figure any other culprit . Read odd. This must be why many like the original points setups.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup or maybe stays dead. You buy nice stuff. Best part is that it only has 160 miles but of course out of warranty.

Open to suggestions on an alternative

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Recheck the grounds. I've had equipment that, when hot, was intermittent. The issue turned out to be a missing ground braid. When the engine got hot the metal-metal ground path went flakey. The book showed a ground strap that wasn't there. Added ground braid and no more problems. Perhaps there is a loose connection on the ground side.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm thinking most over snow vehicles are like Harleys !:wink: run them a bit ,and then tinker on them !!:biggrin: I had a pontoon issue with one of mine,got that cured now have a throttle linkage issue with the other one !!! all part of the game !!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Swapped in the original distributor. I had done a crane cams xri points conversion years ago and ran great. Hooked up ran the balast resistor inline and she fired right up. Need to get a 45 adapter for the electronic oil sender. The sender is hitting the spring hook on the cap. Just need a little more twist on the distributor get perfect idle. Had an analog gauge last time I had this distributor installed and was non issue.

Going to run this setup to ensure the problem is eliminated. Will now see what msd wants to do about this 300$ paper weight? Hope they make good on it. Brand new and the msd coil I spiked and trashed was probably also good still.

One well back running!

nikos

Track Addict
Much better ride today that the last one Tucker took me on 4 weeks ago!

Feels good to be on the snow.

Attachments

• IMG_6685.jpg
    IMG_6685.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6686.jpg
    IMG_6686.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 177

nikos

Track Addict
This bad boy been in storage and seeing first snow since blizzard or 78'

Track Addict this model.., the bad boy is the Olympric 399 TNT ? or......

Nikos

Attachments

• IMG_6687.jpg
    IMG_6687.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 177

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spoke with MSD they are going to fix it under warranty. At this point it is not so much I want it repaired I just want to know that this was the issue. I do have the other setup back in so I guess if it continues to run that just further validates that was the issue.