• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm just guessing that things aren't "pg" anymore. Lol. I'm happy to see that you're happy.

Absolutely nothing planned for today. Yesterday was a write off as the dampness kicked my butt leaving me chair bound. We had a storm go through that dumped 4" of snow.

The only thing I've got today is to shovel off the lower deck so it's good and dry for Saturday morning when the hot tub gets delivered.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I won $4 on the lottery.....woo hoo! I might use the money to go to that bar on the other side of town I've been wanting to go to for years. LOL

I have a ticket for a meet and greet to see former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. I hope to get my picture taken and discuss a few things with him.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NCAA Fencing Championships are at Penn State, they start today and end on Sunday. Dasha was chosen as an alternate, so she is there but likely will not see any competition. Notre Dame qualified several alternates, but is only allowed to let 2 compete. I know a couple other kids who are competing so I'll be trying to tune in and watch some of the bouts over the next 4 days.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
9pm catch up.
Well let's see.
Things are groovy with my man.
Won't go into detail there because it's my business lol
PG don't play that game no more.
I've been happy, that's what counts right?
I've read good books, been avoiding work shortage calls because this nurse is on the bridge to retirement. Yay!
The kids are happy, I'm happy.
I guess there isn't a whole lot more to say.
Sounds like I should stop making plans to come and court you. LOL

Glad to hear you are taken care of and happy. I truly mean that Lollie. You are the best and deserve it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I had originally planned on staining the deck this summer when the weather is nicer. But since we're getting a hot tub in the morning, I got to work the past few days scraping and staining the deck. Yes, there's snow. But temps were above freezing and I had shoveled it off a few days ago to let the sun dry it out before staining. There's a section that's ground level. So far I have the rails on one deck and most of the ground level deck stained. The rest will wait for warmer weather.

20210326_171917.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like I should stop making plans to come and court you. LOL

Glad to hear you are taken care of and happy. I truly mean that Lollie. You are the best and deserve it.
Mr. 6ft 2 was here for dinner.
He loved my stew.
You know that feeling you get that is thrilling, but you kinda held back when you were dating?
I didn't hold back.
I have to work this weekend, but he's staying with me.
Right here, all night.
I'm in orbit. Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got the hot tub delivered. While we were there picking it up, I mentioned to the boss that I saw there were 2 10x12 metal gazebos in stock at home depot this morning and now there was only one. So she sent me over to buy it as everywhere else in town is out of stock. So I quickly drove down and bought it then went back later with the truck and trailer to pick it up. We went home to take delivery of the hot tub. The guy was having a difficult time backing up the driveway as it is a pain to back up a short trailer with a long box truck. I told him to just unhook it and then hooked it up to the side by side. (Yet another new use for it...lol) It's now sitting on the deck ready to be filled and wired this week.
16168726772421707147832168692835.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Mr. 6ft 2 was here for dinner.
He loved my stew.
You know that feeling you get that is thrilling, but you kinda held back when you were dating?
I didn't hold back.
I have to work this weekend, but he's staying with me.
Right here, all night.
I'm in orbit. Lol
I've had that feeling for 53 years Lollie.

Enjoyed a similar night myself with the wife in our Springfield love nest.
Amazingly invigorating.
Good for the body and the soul!
You'll live longer and happier. Enjoy.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, yesterday ended up being a long tedious day that was unplanned. We had the electrician scheduled to come Wednesday to wire up the hot tub. He showed up at 8:30 am yesterday to see what was involved then came back at noon to connect it. Since it was wired, we started filing it. What should have taken 4 hours ended up taking the entire day.

Since we're on a well, the pump just couldn't keep up with the demand all day and kept losing pressure. So I would go outside, run the water for 20 minutes, shut it off and go downstairs to reset the well pump. Often I had to shut the water off to rebuild pressure and wait 20 minutes to reset it. Then back outside to run the water some more. Then back downstairs to reset the pump. By 11:30pm, we had enough water in it to turn it on. By this morning, it was up to temperature. So I headed out to ad more water as it was at the bare minimum last night. It's now sitting there up to temperature and ready to use. That'll wait though as it's windy and raining today.
20210329_152536.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a portable hot tub years ago. It was a bit of work to maintain but so worth it. I added another few inches of water this morning to it then our well pump totally died. Thankfully it was only a resistor that fried inside the house. The well guys were here to check it out and found the problem right away.

Meanwhile, I had to make a run to the city to get a few chemicals for the tub and a loaner tool from home depot to cut a vent hole through the bricks outside for the bathroom. It's an hour round trip to get there and back. Of course I got home to discover that they gave me the wrong size bit. So, back to the city I went to get the right one. Good news is the hot tub is ready to use tonight. The water is working again (fun stuff with 9 people in the house and no water to flush toilets. I'll let you use your imagination as to the stench in the bathrooms. Even the toilet in the new master bathroom is now installed and working.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've had that feeling for 53 years Lollie.

Enjoyed a similar night myself with the wife in our Springfield love nest.
Amazingly invigorating.
Good for the body and the soul!
You'll live longer and happier. Enjoy.
Francis, I am enjoying it!
Each and every morning when I wake up, he is the first thing on my mind.
It's been a very long time since I've felt this way.
Today I ran quite a few errands.
The grandies want Easter baskets so I scurried around finding baskets, grass, candy, stuffed animals etc...
Even Kasey asked me if she was too old for an Easter basket.
No kid, you are not.
I made a chicken stir fry for dinner, which if I do say was bomb as hell lol
I've got movies lined up tonight to watch for relaxation.
I'm going to LOVE retirement.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Francis, I am enjoying it!
Each and every morning when I wake up, he is the first thing on my mind.
It's been a very long time since I've felt this way.
Today I ran quite a few errands.
The grandies want Easter baskets so I scurried around finding baskets, grass, candy, stuffed animals etc...
Even Kasey asked me if she was too old for an Easter basket.
No kid, you are not.
I made a chicken stir fry for dinner, which if I do say was bomb as hell lol
I've got movies lined up tonight to watch for relaxation.
I'm going to LOVE retirement.
I cannot tell you enough, how much your excitement pleases me to hear.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm happy that you appear so happy pg.

I started out the morning with a refreshing hot tub at a balmy -7 celcius outside. It felt great on the back.

Heading to the city soon for a chiropractor appointment.

It was VERY windy yesterday. I made my weekly trip to the dump and could barely stand outside. I tell ya, trying to throw cardboard boxes out of a trailer into the wind isn't fun. Lmao. I had a mixture of cardboard and household garbage in bags. Even the heavy bags were no match being thrown into the wind.

Nothing much on the agenda today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Packing up for another extended weekend in Springfield MO.

Loading Cathy's Husqvarna 52" deck mower onto the trailer behind the new Cherokee.
Adding a compressor so I can re-inflate the tires on her walk behind Brush Hog.
Tuning up the Husqvarna 55 rancher chainsaw so I can cut trees and brush.
Plans are to leave St. Louis Thursday evening.
Big plans on the little ranchette.
And maybe, if I am a good boy, and she isn't too tired, a little romance in the bungalow.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had an unscheduled adventure with my son Jeff today.
He asked what my plans were.
I said oh, nothing much today.
So we went to Toledo lol
Ate at the famous Schmucker's.
Drove through the Lebanese district and I got a picture of Tony Packo's (often mentioned by Klinger/Jamie Farr on MASH) a Lebanese church as well.
After that we went up to Oregon over the bridge and took a very chilly walk on Lake Erie.
We were going to go to the Great Lakes museum, but it was getting late.
Fun day!
20210331_144034.jpg
20210331_152339.jpg
20210331_145539.jpg
20210331_145532.jpg
20210331_185226.jpg
20210331_155157.jpg
20210331_155206.jpg
20210331_162521.jpg
20210331_174734.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That puppy is big, really big!

No wonder you drained the well dry trying to fill it.

Yes. It's 7'x7'. It's supposed to be a 6 seater but I counted 7. Lol. Part of the problem with the well was a weak resistor inside the house that kept tripping the pump and shutting it off until finally it blew completely. The well company that did work on it when we bought the place 2 years ago is literally just around the corner so we called and they came within a few hours. Good guys to deal with. They drilled it down to 280' from 230' and fracked it. We're getting 5 gallons per minute return now. So water isn't the issue.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the whole day non stop outside staining the deck. I'm still not done. But the worst is finished. All the rails and the lower deck are now complete. All that's left is the two upper deck surfaces but those are easy with a roller and long handle. I hear the hot tub calling me after supper. Lol. Maybe a beer or 4.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another busy day of deck staining. 2 levels of the deck are 100% done. The one off the kitchen needs the main surface area done. Just had a nice evening hot tub now sitting out in the sun in a bathing suit. There's still a few patches of snow in the yard but it's +17 celcius.

Our province is going into a full month of lockdown starting tonight. 90% of stores are going to be allowed to open at reduced capacity. All it means is only people allowed in the house are people who live there and no big social gatherings. All because our pansy assed prime Minister dropped the ball in securing vaccines and the ones we did get, he gave to less fortunate countries. We do have some but they're only vaccinating over age 65. And natives over age 18. Oh well. We're in a good place. I have no need to go to the city for anything.

Attachments

• 20210403_161525.jpg
    20210403_161525.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • 20210403_141809.jpg
    20210403_141809.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 87

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well tomorrow is Easter dinner with the kids.
Ty made a pork butt in the smoker.
Maddie is growing like a weed and is excited over going out on the Maumee to fish soon.
I'm joking that she may soon be a wrecker operator. She loves exploring her Dad's toolbox.
?

20210403_201828.jpg
20210403_201809.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Since we're in lockdown again and family easter gatherings are forbidden (unless you're a politician), I headed out after breakfast and got to work on the deck yet again. The main back deck is now done. I ran out of stain halfway through doing the side entrance off the kitchen into the dog kennel. I was done mid afternoon and very sore so the hot tub summoned me for an hour. As Jeff foxworthy said, "I got me a big deck!"

20210404_135257.jpg
20210403_184320.jpg
20210404_135757.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Enjoying this beautiful day.
Got the windows wide open with a fresh breeze blowing.
Nothing out of the ordinary to report.
Life is just merrily rolling along.
?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Babysitter is coming here in a few minutes. I plan to spend most of my time doing yard work, pulling the snow blower off the tractor, putting the mower deck on, dragging deadfall, maybe some mowing, etc. hard to get anything done with a 1 year old in the house.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in a severe rain warning for the next 2 days. So not much work happening outside. That's alright. I'm still hurting from the past week of deck staining. With the rain, the hot tub won't see much action. Perfect timing as the soaker tub is currently being installed in the ensuite so we'll be able to use it hopefully tonight.