• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vacuum Sealer Recommendation

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have an older FOODSAVER and it works. Sometimes its a bit of a pain to get the bags lined up to start the vacuum but that is usually when I slightly overfill the contents. I'm not saying it is not good. Nor am I saying it is great. It works. Got it at Costco many years ago. So it has lasted a long time. I do like that I can make my own bags with it using rolls with the internal roll feeder.

If you are looking to process game and larger pieces of meat/roasts then look at the larger (wide) units. Cabela's offers a few different models.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a Foodsaver mod# 3620. It will hold the rolls, has a cutter and will take an 11" bag. It's worked well thru it's second season of freezing vegies.

norscaner

We have used a "Food Saver " for about 5 years. Usually buy bulk packs of meat and reseal in smaller portions. Works great on frozen veggies from the garden also.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We have used a "Food Saver " for about 5 years. Usually buy bulk packs of meat and reseal in smaller portions. Works great on frozen veggies from the garden also.

That's exactly what we do. Our latest FOODSAVER is about 3 years old and replaced an older one that lasted about 15 years and got a little temperamental. I don't have the model number but just pick the one that suits your needs. You won't regret it.