• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sandbags

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I live in the bottom of a pretty deep valley. There's a creek at the edge of the yard.
When we get torrential rains, the creek goes over its banks and gets pretty close to or sometimes into 2 of my buildings. (The house isn't threatened).
It's been overdue but I broke down and started filling sandbags. I have 1000 bags and 20-tons of sand.

I have about 400 filled already. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 20201114_135136.jpg
    20201114_135136.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 5

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I am reminded of the flood of 0'93 here in St. Charles MO. 3 months of filling those damn things and stacking them against the Missouri River.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My poor back hurts just thinking of doing that.
Oh, they'll get you. When I was young and dumb (2 weeks ago), I was moving the bags pretty quickly but would poop out after 80 bags.
Now that I'm older and wiser, I go slower. Still can't do more than 90 bags each day but by stopping at that point, my body can do that again the next day.

I highly recommend this tool. With it, I can fill a bag by myself in under 30 seconds.

iu

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I would be welding up one of those sand bag filling buckets for my tractor/skidsteer.

Of course, that is probably an awesome work out. I did a bunch of concrete work using 80lb bags this year and they were certainly a "pleasure" to move around.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty much done. I have about 800 bags (double what's in the pic in the OP). Today I have to get the remnants of the sand that's still laying on the tarps where the sand was unloaded.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to tarp them today (wind/weather permitting).
Here's what it looks like finished (minus the 5-10 I still have left to do).
20201124_143315.jpg20201124_143325.jpg