• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Popular Vote, Hillary has more votes than Barack

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did anyone notice? Was this reported as big news?

Hillary Clinton has more votes than Barack Obama.

Obama still holds more delegates.

But what is more important? Delegates or Votes?

Can Obama say the nomination is stolen from him if Hillary gets the nomination at the convention because she has more Votes? Can Clinton make a similar claim if Obama gets the nomination because he has more Delegate, despite having less votes?

Do VOTES better represent the "will of the people" than DELEGATES?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
This is a party thing. Votes mean nothing or vote mean everything. It doesn't matter. It is what the party decides.

The fun will be watching the 'other' one cry about it. :rolf2:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No surprise but I do believe she is counting votes that do not count. :pat:
(Michigan and Florida). Both of those states screwed up by moving their primary without the okay of the DNR. So now the votes for all the citizens of those states do not count. Obama was not even on the Michigan ballet (I sure don't understand why not, seems like a major screw up on his part).

Obama's sound byte says he has more delegates, and because of more delegates he obviously has more votes. I don't remember him saying legal votes in the sound byte, but seems like he could say that and be correct.

Like others, I'm enjoying the battle between the two, hoping in the long run it will help McCain be the next president in the White House.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here is a little fresh fuel to the fire that is raging in the Democratic party . . . this poll, done by the Associated Press, should bolster Clinton and enrage Obama.

Back to Story - Help
Poll: Clinton has better chance than Obama of beating McCain
By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer
18 minutes ago

Hillary Rodham Clinton has a better chance than Barack Obama of beating Republican John McCain, according to a new Associated Press-Ipsos poll that bolsters her argument that she is more electable in the fall than her rival for the Democratic nomination.

The survey released Monday gives Clinton a fresh talking point as she works to convince pivotal undecided superdelegates to side with her in the drawn-out Democratic primary fight.

Clinton, who won the Pennsylvania primary last week, has gained ground this month in a hypothetical head-to-head match up with the GOP nominee-in-waiting; she now leads McCain, 50 percent to 41 percent, while Obama remains virtually tied with McCain, 46 percent to 44 percent.​

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Rules and laws for democRATs are always fuzzy, but the rules say delegates, not popular vote, right?

If they don't like it, change it. But changing the rules in the middle of the game just 'cause you're loosing is just too clintonistic for me. :rolf2:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here is a little fresh fuel to the fire that is raging in the Democratic party . . . this poll, done by the Associated Press, should bolster Clinton and enrage Obama.

I'd think this is a direct reflection of the backlash of Obama's moron minister raising his ugly racist and anti-American head again. If Clinton had any single piece of nasty baggage like Racist Wright, he'd end up dead in a park somewhere after committing suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head with a long barreled shotgun.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'd think this is a direct reflection of the backlash of Obama's moron minister raising his ugly racist and anti-American head again. If Clinton had any single piece of nasty baggage like Racist Wright, he'd end up dead in a park somewhere after committing suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head with a long barreled shotgun.

you can do this? popluar vote means nothing, it is the delegates, meaning washington, just like the electoral college, popular vote does not mean anything, we dont elect the pres, the electoral college does. Vote these gangsters out and start a change and maybe it might get better.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
you can do this? popluar vote means nothing, it is the delegates, meaning washington, just like the electoral college, popular vote does not mean anything, we dont elect the pres, the electoral college does. Vote these gangsters out and start a change and maybe it might get better.

Dreamer................

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dreamer................

Its not dreaming. Its totally delusional. Dreaming has a foundation in reality that you come back to. Delusional fantasies are based on irrational thought.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Its not dreaming. Its totally delusional. Dreaming has a foundation in reality that you come back to. Delusional fantasies are based on irrational thought.

Ah hell Bob. Why make it sound all fluffy an nice....:rolf2::rolf2:

American Woman

Site Supporter
All I know is that as a person that works one one in the public "making conversation" Politics and religion has always been a touchy subject to get into, BUT, all of the candidates are so bad that nobody argues about it....we all know we are damed if we and damned if we don't.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

spoken by one that cannot think outside the box is my guess. you will talk about how it is all this or that, but when your chance to start change comes up, you still vote dem or rep just like the rest of those stuck to thinking as you are told too

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Danny, I only took it that it would be delusional to think that it would ever happen; all the dirty incumbents getting voted out. Unfortunately I think the American public is, as a whole, getting rather unreasonable and irrational. Besides, I'm pissed about this extra "tax" I had to pay this year in the form of a 'rebate check'. I say an extra "tax" because I paid a ton of taxes yet I won't receive a penny back in the form of any rebate check. To me it's just another 'tax' that was taken from me and given to others; many of whom didn't pay a penny into the system. :mad:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Danny, I only took it that it would be delusional to think that it would ever happen; all the dirty incumbents getting voted out. Unfortunately I think the American public is, as a whole, getting rather unreasonable and irrational. Besides, I'm pissed about this extra "tax" I had to pay this year in the form of a 'rebate check'. I say an extra "tax" because I paid a ton of taxes yet I won't receive a penny back in the form of any rebate check. To me it's just another 'tax' that was taken from me and given to others; many of whom didn't pay a penny into the system. :mad:

i see your point totally. I am tired of paying for those that wont work, and dont. I can understand your gripe about the rebate thing too. I get mine next week, but I did work and I did pay my taxes, I just dont make the ceiling on it. Yes I spent mine already, so the money is going back into the economy....................

I would love to see a change in this country, headed toward thinking Americans who use their heads for something besides a place to hold the eyes and take in all the crap the establishment has for them.