• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obamacare tax is being collected.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

CLICK ON SNOPES TO READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE!!!!

The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be hidden
from the consumer, but it's been brought to the publics attention by hunting and
fishing store Cabelas who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate
line item tax on their receipts.

Anyone still believe Obama didn't raise taxes on the middle class?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/medicaldevice.asp

Anyone still believe Obama didn't raise taxes on the middle class?

Attachments

• receipt.jpg
    receipt.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 245

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for Cabela's. I should go spend some money there to show my support. :thumb:

We all have to make sure this gets out. Trying to hide the tax from us is slimier than ever. :angry:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You should go to the link. It was a computer error on their register system. But they did collect it and now will refund it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You should go to the link. It was a computer error on their register system. But they did collect it and now will refund it.
The way I read it was the computer error was that it put the ObamaTax on the entire purchase instead of just the items that are to be taxed. It only happened on 1/1/13 and has been corrected. They will still be collecting the tax on items that qualify.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The best part is that the people who thought only the rich would get soaked Are now paying for their ignorance. First it was from their pay hen and now with every purchase they make.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll critique until july. on the 4th. then critique further on. & say my Prayers.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So, Obama predicted medical costs would go up and that was part of the reason for Obamacare. And in the bill itself was a number of things, including this tax on all medical devices that make his prediction come true. Funny how that works isn't it? :angry:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
when he gets old & has the insurance he has implemented, he'll be whining like a cranky 'ol lady.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
when he gets old & has the insurance he has implemented, he'll be whining like a cranky 'ol lady.
Nope. I doubt that. He and congress made themselves exempt from the plan. That is a huge sticky point with me. If it's good enough for us why isn't it good enough for them? They treat themselves like royalty.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The best part is that the people who thought only the rich would get soaked Are now paying for their ignorance. First it was from their pay hen and now with every purchase they make.
The plain fact is that the socalled rich,,,,those who own businesses and hire people, collect the revenues on top of what they would be asking for their goods and services. They then pay the tax as part of their own taxes. So raising taxes on the rich just trickles down to thier customers. Only they get the blame, not the government.

Neat trick.

Because it works.

The progressive income tax is just a shell game. Pacifies the masses.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope. I doubt that. He and congress made themselves exempt from the plan. That is a huge sticky point with me. If it's good enough for us why isn't it good enough for them? They treat themselves like royalty.

i know.

Mark.Sibole

Ill beat arouind the bush so I dont offend anyone.
Fuck Obama, Fuck Obamacare ,Fuck the Democrates and fuck the liberals.
Later ill tell you how I really feel without beating around the bush.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i don't know about obama care but i recieved a 4 percent pay raise but my net has gone down from last year.as for elected officicals they can stand to go on the same program as we have, i might add i still have to pay my deductable so wher the hell is this damd tax going,i'm not getting any thing out of it.