• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Look what followed me home ...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last year the wife and I both thought we were ready to sell our powerboat and move to a pontoon. But it had to be a tritoon with decent power.
We bought a brand new very nice 25ft Manitou Pontoon with a 350 Suzuki engine. Awesome set up. But wife sorely missed the cuddy cabin where she could escape the weather and make use of the facilities when needed. I missed the cruising and the way a deep V cuts through the water. So we decided to sell this slightly used tritoon.

That was in February. We had a condo reserved at the beach for the entire month of March, but I put the pontoon on the market before heading to the beach. I was shocked at the interest in the pontoon. And since i could not sell it from the beach I took names and told them when I could show them the boat. Then a week before returning a would be buyer put a non refundable deposit on it and followed through and bought the boat. Perfect.

That put me in buying mode. I had to find a boat similar to what we had before ... a mid cabin open bow 28 ft single engine boat. Sunsation 288 MCOB. I put an ad out that I was shopping for one and got a few hits. I ended up buying one that was in upper NY, near the finger lakes. Beautiful area. Anyway I drove up there yesterday and brought this baby home with me. It's a 05 Sunsation 288, very well cared for with only 196 hours on it. For comparison, the 2020 Manitou had 100 hours on it when I sold it. Here are a few pics of the boat before hooking up and pulling it to my place.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet. That's why we opted for a good fishing/cruising boat vs a pontoon. I like to fish different lakes and a pontoon would be a pain to launch and haul out at different smaller launches.

alexmandeltoon

I am happy that you managed to find a buyer for your old boat so easily. When I was selling my boat in 2003, I couldn't find a client for a very long time. The ship was in good condition; people didn't want to buy it for some reason, maybe because people were worried that there was a pandemic now and didn't want to spend money on something like that. After selling a boat, I miss going to the sea, so sometimes I rent yachts ride several times a month. It's enough for me, especially since my wife also loves such a vacation and we enjoy the sea and the views together. I would also like to buy a more modern boat for myself, but now, unfortunately, there is no such opportunity

Last edited by a moderator: