• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

House prices are crazy here.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
VERY NICE!!! Congratulations!

In the master bedroom, it looks like a pass-through fireplace. What's on the other side?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow is all I can say!
My first thought as an OCD/clean freak would be: don't touch anything!
Clean that!
:yum:
Congratulations Brian.
Wonderful home you have there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. We're excited for more room. Our current place is so packed. Our kitchen is cramped. It's an eat in kitchen that really should only have one of those round tables built for 4. But we have a 96" long dining table crammed in where I almost have to walk by turned sideways between it and the refrigerator. It drives us crazy. Not a bad house for a family of 4. We're going to be so lost in this place with so much room.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Second garage with upstairs loft ready for walls and apartment.
f5c39c74a3ec7fee8eefe3c29e7f1292.jpg
a317dcb1f41d7b8a71ef2e954aa8a05b.jpg
0e1894bc13e23a7ba37ae52e9373de17.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

You going to turn the upstairs into a rental apartment?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very very nice Brian!!!!! :wow: That will make an awesome place for your large family. Perfect!!!!!! :thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You going to turn the upstairs into a rental apartment?
Actually we are considering an apartment up there but for the older boys if they choose to go to post secondary school here. They can share it and pay rent. Get them started in the world out on their own but still under our wing. Eventually it could be a rental if they choose to move out completely.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Very very nice Brian!!!!! :wow: That will make an awesome place for your large family. Perfect!!!!!! :thumb:
Yes. Plenty of room for everyone. Right now we're tripping over each other. With two separate living rooms upstairs, we plan on having a gym area in one for my continued rehab.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The home inspection passed. Only a few minor maintenance problems found that are already dealt with by the previous owners. The well was the biggest thing. It WAS 220 ft deep. Because of not being used for the past year, it was putting out less than a gallon a minute recovery. The owner took care of that though. He was on the phone immediately scheduling a well company to come in. They drilled another 50 feet and fracked it. Now it refills closer to 5 Gallons a minute.

acedc024f21e76de4184fc47065ce16a.jpg
365555f99d57ff62e76a8842ebd9c8f6.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was a $hit show from the get go. I had planned to haul out a full load of boxes and misc to the new house with the cargo trailer. I got there at 11 while the furniture was being delivered. They missed delivering one of the sectionals. One of the end tables was damaged. And one of the mattresses for the split king wasn't in yet. So instead of going for another load from the house, we quickly unloaded the cargo trailer and went to Leon's (furniture store) and picked up the missing sectional and returned the end table.

Back to the house with that load and quickly unloaded it. Back to the old house for a meal of fresh walleye then got the kids packing up their rooms. By 8pm the cargo trailer was loaded again. Back out to the new house with that load. It'll be unloaded in the morning. Grabbed the fat deck trailer to bring to the old house for a load of yard stuff and bikes. That's this morning's task.

Meanwhile, her parents are down helping her unpack and sort things at the new house. I got some basic tools together for the father in law to go around and fix a few small things at the new house to keep him busy. Since I'm restricted to what I can do to help with the actual lifting and moving, I've been the one shutting trailers back and forth and overseeing basic repairs. Moving sucks. But hopefully this is it until we decide to downsize after the kids are older.

Canadian eh!!!

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
More packing loading and unloading today. It rained. And rained. Then rained some more. I got the kids bikes snowblower and a few other outdoor items loaded up and moved over. I also went to home depot to pick up some shelving material for a closet beside the kitchen we are going to use as a pantry for food. We also picked out some light fixtures we want to change out.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tomorrow is officially the moving day. I'm going to pick up a 26ft moving truck first thing while the wife and kids head out to the house. I have a crew of 6 guys coming to move.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tomorrow is officially the moving day. I'm going to pick up a 26ft moving truck first thing while the wife and kids head out to the house. I have a crew of 6 guys coming to move.

Canadian eh!!!
Just think Brian.
Tomorrow night you can sit down and relax and say it's done!
We're home.
:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. It's been a hell of a three months for us. It's been crazy since the beginning of March. First we were starting adoption probation for our foster daughter. That involved a few legal proceedings in court as a standard procedure. Then my legal things in April for the accident. Followed only days after by the house and boat deal. Along with my wife totaling the SUV in an accident. It's been one thing after another.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just think Brian.

Tomorrow night you can sit down and relax and say it's done!

We're home.

[emoji2]
Lmao. Hardly done. We are home but soo much to do. All the unpacking and getting the other place for sale. There's a couple trees that have to come down soon near the house that'll come down on their own if I don't take care of them. There's a bunch of brushing that needs to be done on the entrance road. We are going to build a bus shelter for the kids out by the road. The garage needs work in the heating department. Always something to do. Oh well. I enjoy being busy.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Hardly done. We are home but soo much to do. All the unpacking and getting the other place for sale. There's a couple trees that have to come down soon near the house that'll come down on their own if I don't take care of them. There's a bunch of brushing that needs to be done on the entrance road. We are going to build a bus shelter for the kids out by the road. The garage needs work in the heating department. Always something to do. Oh well. I enjoy being busy.

Canadian eh!!!
Moving the stuff is work enough.
Wrapping up all the loose ends is the not so fun part.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I picked up a golf cart to scoot around the property easier. I already got the road trimmed. I did some tree trimming on the roundabout. Mowed the whole yard twice. I'm really enjoying it so far. Right now it's still quite busy as it's the beginning of June soon, we don't want to switch the kids schools with only a month to go and we can't get busing set up till September, we're stuck driving into the city twice a day. It'll be better in the fall. Lots to consider when you move to a different town.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been crazy busy since we moved. Between regular life moving unpacking putting together furniture etc, we haven't stopped. I've lost 15 lbs in a month. This week we've been working on the deck. It's coming together nicely. My wife built a 10x12 screened gazebo. I built a workbench in the garage. My dad built a wall downstairs so we now have 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Today we assembled a 6 foot tall large dog run for the puppies.

Canadian eh!!!
62a403342571a994b838c6094e40f150.jpg
ba1a94027d18403eae8ef884871d52a5.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. We picked up the gazebo, a nice wicker sectional with matching table, an accent matching lounge chair, and a fire table for the deck off the kitchen. We had everything except the umbrella on the deck off our room.
a157d50631fc47c4b46738f79ce140b1.jpg
87c92b5d120236eac0e25bbb0e251298.jpg
c20cab0aa592a3ff6a5b5fae5087ac42.jpg
88c83a1e65e04fbbc9e660feaa6541fe.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The puppies are happy. I was looking around the yard with the golf cart and found a bunch of 6ft tall chain link fence pieces piled in the woods along one of the trails. Score! Dog pen. I spent the afternoon hauling them over to the house with dad and assembling them.
db0d078477cb92bd128716259775279d.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I took this the other night when I was down at the garage looks kinda neat all lit up. Too bad I didn't put on the deck lights as they light up the whole yard.

We also got tired of those tile counters quickly so back in the summer we ordered quartz countertops. It takes a while to come in as they come in and take laser measurements then order from a supplier. We just had them installed last week. This week, we have some custom cabinets being installed under the ledge of the counter facing the dining room.
364f7ebda4b1f8c01cb0964ea3af6568.jpg
2bc42681685984dc1a908dacad3053df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
For comparison, here's the before shot of the kitchen. We also changed the stove and dishwasher when we did the countertops. As well, we changed the hanging light fixture as every time we opened the cupboard door it would hit the light bar. The door would only open 90 degrees before making it difficult to access the dishes stored in there so we replaced the hinges with ones that open 180 degrees.
a9b68435e2ee0b440ef6839c9c892a9e.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be nice this winter sitting by a nice warm fireplace every evening. The fireplace is a through wall 2 sided design. Our bedroom is on the other side. We have a nice mantle in there as well. We just purchased a couple of matching armchairs for our bedroom to sit in there by the fireplace. No pictures of that as our bedroom has become the storage room for wrapped Christmas gifts until we get the tree up on Saturday hopefully.
208695b509128cf9634d985432c2c843.jpg