CF moto

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had it out at camp on the weekend but decided to bring it back to town. Since I only had one appointment this afternoon which got rescheduled I figured might as well take her out for a spin exploring new territory. At one point I was on the pipeline right of way crossing from one side to the other and got hung up on a stump. Good excuse to try the winch. It worked great. I am going to have to remove the back fender skirts though as they stick out past the tires and get caught when loading or unloading on the trailer. Otherwise she's a tight squeeze up the ramp but she fits.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jim_S

Spammer Hammer
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks GREAT!

I'm surprised it didn't attract more dirt.

Usually on return from the maiden voyage a utv has so much mud on it you can't tell the original color! :whistling:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. It's been pretty dry here and where I went was higher elevation with rocky terrain. Plus I didn't want to get stuck while out alone with no cell service. This weekend is the opening of bird hunting up here. I plan on being out in the bush with it quite a bit. She has more than enough power for what I plan on using it for. Supposed to top off at around 55mph. I'll find out eventually. [emoji6]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I got the windshield and roof installed today. No pictures yet. The dealer said he just got back from a preview of upcoming models they are working on. Apparently their line up is expanding to compete with the bigger 1000cc machines arctic cat bombadier and Polaris put out. Anxious to see what they put out.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
Your new machine is awesome. Looking forward to some pictures of your adventures. Maybe you can make Moab a stop on your next RV trip.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I'm loving it. Yours looks cool too. Two different beasts though. I need mine for slow hunting down side roads and around camp. It's a sweet setup. I may even install a little stereo system I have sitting in the garage originally intended for my old goldwing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. I used to do moose hunting years ago but gave that up due to the crooked draw system we have up here. Now it's just grouse hunting mainly. Any excuse to get out in the bush. Driving 40+ year old roads all grown in.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out bird hunting today but ended up just putting on a few miles on the moto. All good [emoji2]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be taking the moto out on Friday for a special ride. Our two oldest boys are in scouts and will be hiking in 3km over a trail with their troop to a weekend camp. Each scout is responsible to carry their own pack on the trail. I'm going with a friend to haul in the tents and other miscellaneous supplies they need. We'll have the moto and his Polaris sportsman 500 hauling a small trailer I have out at camp.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As I said, I went out to help with our kids scout troop last night hauling in gear and supplies over a 4 mile trail. It was slow going. For the first mile the trail was wide. Then it got grown in and swampy in sections. I hauled my small utility trailer behind the moto. At the end of the trail there was a steep winding section. There were a few spots grown in that required a chainsaw.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
With record breaking highs today and no appointments, I decided to text a friend at 6am to go hunting. We headed out to a road I'd never been to. It was a great afternoon in the bush. We even got a couple birds.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I may look into tracks for it next year. I grew up snowmobiling all the time. I also spent 17 years volunteering running the trail groomer for the snow club. This might be a good way to get me back out there enjoying the snow.

https://youtu.be/q2451sYtrxk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Loving the cfmoto so far. Only thing I have to complain about is the loud exhaust. My buddy at camp has a ranger 570 that's way quieter. So I ordered a kolpin universal exhaust silencer to put on. It's supposed to reduce the sound emissions by 50%. We'll see.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got the exhaust silencer in. I still have to install it but it looks well built and comes with different adapters for different exhaust sizes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't believe how I ever survived without a side by side. It'll go pretty much everywhere my Polaris 700 will go plus do much more. At camp, I'm using it for more than just cruising around. This week alone, I've hauled firewood, hauled the flatdeck trailer to move a shed, then minutes later had a kayak strapped on to head down to the beach as well as hauling all the towels pool noodles lifejackets etc. It may only be a 500 but for camp it's perfect.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went out playing in some tight twisty muddy hilly rocky trails this morning with a couple buddies. The cf moto is one useful machine. Narrow enough to fit on tight trails designed for regular quads yet versatile enough to take hunting on old bush roads or haul wood around the yard. It tops out at 55mph. Yet has lots of low end torque in low gear to go pretty much anywhere. Some spots on the trail were very tight with only an inch to spare on each side of the fenders in between trees. A ranger would have never gone where we went today.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So yesterday morning my neighbor calls me and asks if I want to go for a quad ride down the hydro line between our properties. We made it a little ways before encountering a low laying swampy area. There was already a trail pushed through but after the rain we got the day before, it was wet.

He went ahead to check it out but made it about 150 feet in before burying his quad in muskeg. I drove mine in 100 feet to get close enough to winch. I was able to stay on top of the packed bull rushes and turned around to get back out after winching him out. He got by me and made it back out then I tried.

I made it almost all the way out of the hole before breaking through on one side about 10 feet from the higher ground. Yep. Buried it in muskeg about halfway up the door and over the tires.

We tried winching with his machine but broke the winch cable on his machine. So we both got on his machine to grab a manual come a long and chain from my place.

Picture this. 50 feet of my winch cable extended (couldn't get anymore out as the cable was bound up and my battery was low), 30 feet of pull strap, the manual come a long, and a 50 ft length of chain to reach the nearest tree strong enough to support the force of the winch.

With a combination of him ratcheting the come along and me winching with my machine at the same time applying a bit of throttle, the machine was able to inch forward to gain traction and climb out.

Fun day.