• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CF moto

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's about right
15ae2b2ae374a3494d8f98c674b91a1a.jpg

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was feeling better today so I took advantage of one of the last warm days this fall and went out hunting. I saw 13 in total. Got 5 (limit)
ba0755e8d2c073ef0af0fb2986e42295.jpg

That was the good part. The next part, not so much.

001f64217709f8ce135fd4f3dc7820dc.jpg
18370a25fc3042c4bafd36642880ada0.jpg

There's a nice road/trail I like to go down. You go about 5 miles before coming to a wash out. There's a side shute around the wash out that's easy to navigate. But about a mile further, the trail is all flooded out. There's a detour around the flooded area. I took it. And broke through a deep muskeg hole and got hung up. Out came the winch cable. I hooked up to a tree and started winching. As soon as there was tension on the line, it snapped. Oh great. I improvised and tied the two ends together and it held enough to winch me out.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I was feeling better today so I took advantage of one of the last warm days this fall and went out hunting. I saw 13 in total. Got 5 (limit)
ba0755e8d2c073ef0af0fb2986e42295.jpg

That was the good part. The next part, not so much.

001f64217709f8ce135fd4f3dc7820dc.jpg
18370a25fc3042c4bafd36642880ada0.jpg

There's a nice road/trail I like to go down. You go about 5 miles before coming to a wash out. There's a side shute around the wash out that's easy to navigate. But about a mile further, the trail is all flooded out. There's a detour around the flooded area. I took it. And broke through a deep muskeg hole and got hung up. Out came the winch cable. I hooked up to a tree and started winching. As soon as there was tension on the line, it snapped. Oh great. I improvised and tied the two ends together and it held enough to winch me out.

The last 5 birds in the county

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I shortened the winch cable by 10 feet where it was kinked and snapped then reattached the hook. This is temporary until the braided synthetic winch rope arrives. The 2" lift kit also arrived today. That'll be Mondays task. Installing the lift.

Since I have a half windshield already and like it during the summer, I had been toying with the idea of removing it and installing a full one for the fall. But the $500 price tag was deterring me. So today I decided to measure the opening from the half windshield to the roof. 14"x48". Good enough! I headed to the city to a glass place that also sells plexiglass and lexan cut to size and ordered a 3/16 piece the right size for the opening. To attach it, I ordered a pkg of 2" rubberized clamps that will fit around the rollcage and attach to the lexan. It'll be removable.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_13112020_070807_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_13112020_070822_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_13112020_070922_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_13112020_070936_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

I wanted to get out once more to try out the lift kit and iron out any kinks I may find. It performed flawlessly. Just an extra 2" of clearance makes a big difference. I went over the same rock that took out my factory skid plate and cleared it without issue. There's something serene about being the first one down a trail in the woods after a fresh snowfall.

No birds yesterday so I believe this hunting season is done. I'll be working on the moto again today installing a piece of thicker lexan to fill the gap between the half windshield and the roof. I wanted to keep the half windshield for summer but also have the benefit of a full one in the fall as the wind gets cold on the face. They do sell a folding windshield for it but two things...1. They're all on backorder. 2. I'm too cheap to spend $650 on a windshield. That's what they want for them up here. So for $76, I had a glass company cut a piece of lexan the same width that I need and ordered a set of 2" rubber backed strap clamps for $15 on Amazon to attach it to the rollcage.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a favorite spot where I like to go hunting. Since it's an old logging road that hasn't been used for years, it's great for birds. I had been driving by an old chrome transport fender that was mangled on the side of the road since last year wondering what I could do with it. A couple weeks ago I was out riding and contemplating what I could do to fabricate a new skid plate when it dawned on me that the chrome fender I keep passing by would make a great strong skid plate. So I picked it up and brought it home.

After pounding on it for a while with a heavy sledgehammer I got it flattened. I then cut it to length with a grinder and removed the remaining remnants of the old plastic skid plate then installed it using self tapping screws.

IMG_13112020_073231_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just finished installing a homemade windshield to cover the opening from the factory half windshield to the roof. Of course I wanted to try it out so this morning I loaded up and ventured out for 3 hours to hopefully see some birds. The season closes on the 15th. No birds but I did fill the box with firewood.
20201130_121302.jpg
20201130_095311.jpg
20201130_102632.jpg
20201130_113915.jpg

The lift kit is working out perfectly. The windshield as well. I didn't exactly want to pay what they wanted for a full one so I took some measurements and went to a glass shop where they cut a piece of lexan then I used 2" strap clamps to hold it in place. To stop the two pieces of windshield from rattling together, I used foam weatherstripping. I can easily remove it with 4 bolts for the summer.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been almost a year since I last updated this thread. The moto is still running strong at nearly 4000km on the odometer. Not one mechanical issue. Just regular oil changes and grease. I've done a few upgrades since getting it. First, the 2" lift I did last fall and the replacement skid plate (which has worked out great btw). A few weeks ago I picked up a set of new used tires and rims. I had been looking for a while and a brand new set of anything with rims would have been around $1600 up here. I had stock 26" tires on 14" rims. I was considering either 28 or 30" tires. Someone had these 27" swamp lites on rims for sale for $750. They had less than 100km on them. Yes, they're only 1" bigger in size but with the taller sidewall and lugs combined with the 2" lift I previously installed, I gained some significant ground clearance.

I tried it with the new tires and they performed great however, because I gained height, it became unstable at higher speeds. I ordered 1.5" wheel spacers for a wider footprint and that did the trick. I can now hold it at 85km on a rough gravel road without sliding all over the road and fishtailing. And with the taller sidewalls and 2" lift, I can set my suspension to the softest setting for a smoother ride.
Despite raining all weekend, I was able to get out a few times with a friend from camp. There's now 18 less birds in the woods. I've cleaned and deboned the meat and vacuum sealed it for later processing into peperettes. 5 birds produces 1.5lbs of meat. I'm aiming for around 10lbs of meat in the freezer by late November. Do the math. Lol

20211002_111024.jpg

20211002_103757.jpg
20211002_103806.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thx. Reliability has been excellent. Not a single mechanical issue in 4000km. My buddy got a Polaris ranger when I got mine. He only has 1100km on it and already blew an antifreeze line and a cv boot. And he barely goes off dirt roads. I go everywhere with mine.

PGBC

Good to know, thanks.

I'm not looking for a side by side, but am looking for a pair of quads.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another annual update. Lol. I now have 4600km on the uforce 500 and finally had an issue with it however I can't blame the machine as it was operator error and procrastination that led to a drive belt failure. I had bought a new drive belt for it last February saying "I'm going to change the belt as it's the original one before spring." That turned into...."Well, I'll just be cruising at low speed around camp so I'll bring it out and do the belt before hunting season."

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I went out on a ride with a couple other guys from camp and was fine while we were cruising down the trails but we came to a portion of main gravel road being used by logging trucks so we had to cover a few kms of it before accessing another trail. I had it wound out full throttle coming down a hill when the belt disintegrated. We pushed it off the road and headed back to camp for the truck and trailer.

I tore into it at home and discovered this when I removed the secondary clutch.
20220704_182312.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I got the shredded belt removed from the clutch but discovered a broken part in the clutch from the belt so decided to drop it off at the dealership for a rebuild.

I reinstalled the clutch and discovered that I should have greased the splines on the shaft first to help it slide on easier. It would not go back on all the way so I had to rent a 8" gear puller to pull it back off to grease the splines.
20220721_110151.jpg

It is now back together and running great.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I love it. Are there things I don't like? Sure. But that would be the same with any machine. I ended off this years hunting season at 5400km. For basic trail riding and yard work, the stock 500 is fine. I gave mine a 2" lift kit and 1.5" wheel spacers to accommodate taller tires. My biggest issue was clearance on some of the trails I go down getting over rocks.

I believe they stopped making the 500 like mine though. They still have the same chassis for the 800 but the new 600 that replaced mine is more like the 1000 with a bench seat. But as far as reliability goes, I would put it up against any other brand. Remember that they all have issues and you could get a lemon no matter what brand.

hey thanks for the reply,ive been looking at the 1000 with the cab and heater package.they are way cheaper then mainstream brands.are you in ontario northern redneck? cheers

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
hey thanks for the reply,ive been looking at the 1000 with the cab and heater package.they are way cheaper then mainstream brands.are you in ontario northern redneck? cheers

Yep. I'm just west of the western side of Lake superior. I've looked at the 1000. For the riding I do, the 500 is a perfect fit. I rarely use mine in the winter. And with the full size windshield, it retains quite a bit of heat in the cab area even without full doors. Speaking of heat, that's one thing I've heard a lot of complaints about with the cfmoto uforce is the engine heat. I had to insulate my center console which is directly over the engine to reduce the heat in the cab.

Last edited:
your west of thunderbay then,ery nice! my plan here is to sell my argo,poor old knees dont like it anymore.since i use the argo for plowing snow the bigger u force might fit the bill. cheers

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
your west of thunderbay then,ery nice! my plan here is to sell my argo,poor old knees dont like it anymore.since i use the argo for plowing snow the bigger u force might fit the bill. cheers

Actually a 12 minute drive west of thunder bay. Lots of old overgrown logging roads around to ride on. Many are now barely wider than the uforce from being overgrown.

12 minutes from thunderbay would be nice,boy i love it up there.spent lots of time east of you in a little town called jellicoe,was lucky to have friends there and made the 12 hour trip a few times a year. cheers

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
12 minutes from thunderbay would be nice,boy i love it up there.spent lots of time east of you in a little town called jellicoe,was lucky to have friends there and made the 12 hour trip a few times a year. cheers

Cool. I was born and raised in Geraldton just west of there. Not much left in jellicoe anymore.

Cool. I was born and raised in Geraldton just west of there. Not much left in jellicoe anymore.
I almost considered moving there when i was younger.was pretty destitute though unless you were retired.after i saw people waiting every morning for the general/liquor store to open i figured it was a real bad idea. thanks for the input and have a merry christmas.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Time for another update. Still going strong! I decided last year to get a sheet of lexan cut to width then took the factory half windshield off and traced the bottom contour to follow the shape of the hood then fastened it on with strap clamps. Factory full windshield is over $600 up here. I did this for roughly $150 in materials. I then ordered a set of universal utv windshield vents and installed them. They make a world of difference for heat in the summer inside the cab. As for mechanical, not a single issue. I do a yearly oil change before hunting season and keep it greased. Even the cv boots are original and not cracked or torn which is surprising considering the 2" lift and the places I get into with lots of alders sitting up everywhere on the trail.

20230930_110517.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I started this hunting season at 5300km on September 15th. I'm now at 5900km.

I had been using my 6.5 x 12 flat deck single axle trailer to haul around the sxs since I bought it. However, a few weeks ago at the beginning of hunting season, the trailer suffered from a catastrophic failure putting it out of commission for a couple weeks. This forced my hand. Either I don't hunt until the trailer is repaired or....

I also have a double axle 2 place snowmobile trailer for the winter. It was sitting in storage with the snowmobiles on it under the attached carport on my garage. I hauled it out and offloaded the snowmobiles. I had a set of good folding atv ramps and used those for the trailer. They lined up perfectly and with that trailer being only 12 feet and a double axle, I can barely feel it behind. When towing the flat deck with sxs, I was averaging around 18.5L per 100km for fuel mileage. With this trailer, I was getting 15.8. So better fuel economy as well. My buddy and I rewired the lights and I gave a good thorough once over on the tires and bearings. Last weekend we trailered to his camp 2.5hrs away to go hunting. It performed flawlessly.
20231007_112532.jpg
20231007_141514.jpg

I took out dad's duck's unlimited 12ga benelli. Everyone says, "A 12ga is overkill for birds." Well, it kinda is but I use #8 target shot which doesn't make a mess. 5 birds....only 2 tiny pellets in one breast. Plus, it had been raining and windy for 4 days straight so the birds were kinda spooked meaning a more longer distance shot was needed. Normally I use a 20ga Remington 870 express as less kick. My buddy uses a .410 but has a hard time finding ammunition for it. I have a brick of 12ga and 2 bricks of 20ga sitting here. 🙃

20231007_141706.jpg