• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alpine Cat Jamboree 2023

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Two weeks from tomorrow there will be a lot of feral cats on trailers (and at least one in the back of a truck) headed to the Wallowa Lake Lodge for the 4th annual Alpine Cat Jamboree - everyone travel safe! I am very very very excited for this event, it is going to be a GREAT time. From what I have heard there is going to be around 25ish cats and 50ish people attending (so far). It is going to be great to meet all the new people, see the friends from past jamborees, check out the different cats, both Tuckers and all of us non-Tucker two trackers, and of course see the Yurt Miester again.

This event is all because of Jesse (Alpine Cat Tours), thanks Jesse for sponsoring this. From what I hear he is bringing his 1966 543 that he gives folks rides in at Mt. Hood. He is also bringing his 1950 Taper back, love both of those machines. Maybe someday he will let me ride in one of them, I let him ride in the back of the Frandee once, I don't think he was impressed.

Jesse, his 543, and number one Super Fan:

Jesse with Tucker.jpg

IMG_20210109_124904307_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210109_143615708_HDR.jpg

Jesse also got Tucker Sno-Cat Corp in as a sponsor and they are sending a box full of swag to give away to the attendees along with the swag that Jesse is giving away from his company. It sounds like a Tucker Rep is not going to be able to make it this year, it is their busy time of the year. Here is Clyde from Tucker Corp from year one of this Jamboree helping put a new link on the "Gobblers" pontoon. He is either praying or his hands are cold, not sure.

IMG_20200112_084452379_HDR.jpg

And the infamous Yurt Miester Connelly (Wallowa Alpine Huts) is our local tour guide and sponsor. All I can say is what a character this guy is.

Connelly.jpg

Here is the Lodge where Madeline will be our host (sorry didn't have a picture of their cabins next door). What a great place to stay, we had a great time staying here last year and the meals they served were great. I really liked how they had sack lunches for us every day. Just grab and go.

IMG_20220115_071453007.jpg

And last but not least, the US Forest Service, for letting us play in the snow within their jurisdiction.

20210109_135555.jpg

See you all there!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
For any of you Tucker steel trackers that didn't know, Jesse has also designed and manufactures rollers and links for the pontoon machines. Last year I bought a bunch (256 is a bunch) of rollers from him for the 542 Cab Forward I am restoring, but have not had a chance to try them out yet, completion of restoration is still a few years out. Sounds like he has sold well over 1300 of the rollers so far with no returns or complaints. The reason I am posting this is if you are going to the Jamboree and need some links or rollers you might want to contact him and have him bring some, either to purchase or just check them out. It sure saved me a few hundred $ in shipping last year, they are not light.

Roller Flyer.png

Link 4.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
We are booked! Will be checking out how pontoon cats are properly restored and riding in the famous Frandee :D
Well I hate to tell you this but you will also have to drive the Frandee, no free rides, a turn in the drivers seat is required. Also, you might want to bring your skis, I just put a ski rack on the Kitten. Skiing down off from Mt. Howard might be fun.

Bennyboy1337

Well I hate to tell you this but you will also have to drive the Frandee, no free rides, a turn in the drivers seat is required. Also, you might want to bring your skis, I just put a ski rack on the Kitten. Skiing down off from Mt. Howard might be fun.
Always necessary to have backup transportation when taking a kitten into the backcountry :D

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like on one of the days we might try to find a small sledding hill for the kids (or adults young at heart) that want to sled. So, if you have a sled you might want to bring it along. I have one left over from when my kids were young, that I will bring.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got the finalized and updated menu from Madeline at the lodge. Thought I would share with everyone. She mentioned she went through Sunday night dinner but if there's a demand for Monday morning breakfast, they can make that happen. Which I am planning on making that request for those of us who are staying.

Sno Cat Jamboree Menu 2023

Thursday

6pm Dinner: Mexican Chicken Soup (vegetarian option), corn quesadillas, Mexican street corn, green salad, ice cream with toppings

Friday
8am Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, fruit + yogurt + granola, home fried potatoes
Sack lunch: assorted items can include sandwich, fruit, string cheese, cookies, chips, juice
6pm Dinner: Weenie roast, burgers, pasta salad, cole slaw, beans, smores bars

Saturday
8am Breakfast: Egg frittata, assorted pastries, bacon/sausage, home fried potatoes
Sack lunch: assorted items can include sandwich, fruit, string cheese, cookies, chips, juice
6pm Dinner: Chicken alfredo, eggplant parmesan, garlic bread, dinner salad, rice pilaf, tiramisu

Sunday
8am Breakfast: Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, home fried potatoes, fruit + yogurt + granola
6pm Dinner: Shepherd’s Pie, biscuits, green salad, brownie sundaes

tuckeredup

I think we just booked the last room. Squatch is on his way! Going to be a full house! Can't wait. A few trailer repairs and we should be ready. My wide tracks are a wide load. Any words of wisdom to deal with that? We are avid skiers too. Any ski shots would be fantastic. Maybe even some runs at Ferguson Ridge. Have never skied there. Any beta?

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey everyone!

A couple announcements:

Registration Deadline:
If anybody is thinking about coming that has not signed up, Now is the time to do it. The lodge (all 22 rooms) are sold out. They only have one cabin available. Anyone wanting to attend after rooms are filled will have to find alternative lodging in town. The deadline to sign up for a stay or meals is Monday the 23rd.

Parking:
This year we have over twice the attendees than we normally have. It is going to be a BIG group. So, parking could become an issue. But I'm confident that we can work through that. Parking will be on a first come first serve basis. For those that are staying in cabins, you should be able to park near your cabin. I believe between the 6 cabins and lodge parking lot we can get in at least 16 trucks and trailers. The lodge has requested and gotten permission to use a parking lot South of the lodge for overflow parking. And from the sounds of it, we will need it. Could be 10 trucks and trailers needing that extra parking depending on how many we can or cannot get in the lodge parking lot. Myself and David (GMoose) will be out helping to direct and assist people upon arrival. We will try and get everbody in as tight as possible. The overflow is a little ways away from the lodge so those of you that have to use that parking lot may want to unload your overnight belongings at the lodge first and then go park that way you don't have to carry it all. I'm going to try and find a map of the area to throw up to give people an idea of how far it might be.

Ferguson Ridge:
As of right now we have been informed that Ferguson Ridge Ski area has decided not to have us catters because they're afraid of the cats making a mess out of the ski area and the ski area is maintained by all volunteers. But, if this does not happen, we are already looking for third day destination that will make everybody happy. Will update as I can.

Skiing:
Those of you that were hoping to get in some skiing, the drop from the top of Mt. Howard to the staging point is good skiing and I know a couple of the guests plan on hitting up Anthony Lakes Ski Resort just out of Baker City either on the way in or on the way out.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Bennyboy1337

I think we just booked the last room. Squatch is on his way! Going to be a full house! Can't wait. A few trailer repairs and we should be ready. My wide tracks are a wide load. Any words of wisdom to deal with that? We are avid skiers too. Any ski shots would be fantastic. Maybe even some runs at Ferguson Ridge. Have never skied there. Any beta?
I had no idea Ferguson existed, as of the latest update it looks like the cat crew won't have planned event there, but wife and I may be skiing there Sunday before our way out if they're open. I've been to Anthony Lakes resort several times and It's very high on my recommendation list, they also have a great nordic system if you're into that.

Not sure if you guys have Backcountry gear? But I def plan on getting a few laps in on Mt Howard, looks like it has some great southern facing terrain that I'm going to farm :D You can ski right down to the road and maybe a smaller faster cat can open up a ski lift operation to get people a few laps.

I do plan on bringing my full backcountry and snow science kit, so I will be digging a pit to asses the avy danger up top and also bring an extra beacon+rescuegear for anyone that wants to use it.

tuckeredup

I had no idea Ferguson existed, as of the latest update it looks like the cat crew won't have planned event there, but wife and I may be skiing there Sunday before our way out if they're open. I've been to Anthony Lakes resort several times and It's very high on my recommendation list, they also have a great nordic system if you're into that.

Not sure if you guys have Backcountry gear? But I def plan on getting a few laps in on Mt Howard, looks like it has some great southern facing terrain that I'm going to farm :D You can ski right down to the road and maybe a smaller faster cat can open up a ski lift operation to get people a few laps.

I do plan on bringing my full backcountry and snow science kit, so I will be digging a pit to asses the avy danger up top and also bring an extra beacon+rescuegear for anyone that wants to use it.
Cool! I'm a backcountry guy too and will bring my avy gear. Have always wanted to ski Howard. Let's be sure to connect when we get on site.

mikemikelle

Watch out......We're Back!!!!

IMG_6272 (1).JPG

After 2 long years off, the Imp fired right up! Missed you half frozen grouzer lickers....Rolling into town mid day Thursday, and looking forward to seeing old friends, making new ones, and offending pretty much everybody....kidding, relax... limiting my wife 1 of box of wine per day

Anyway, Go Team Thiokol.....Brought to you by Thiokol Chemical Corp.....a better tasting Orange!

20180422_104610.jpg

20180422_175804.jpg

Bennyboy1337

Hey everyone, I know most people have already left and or are traveling today. Hoping everybody has a safe travel and wanted to thank everyone for coming. See you all soon!
Ditto! Snow moving in tonight, it's pretty light and at a higher elevation, but people should be prepared at passes for slippery conditions tonight, and tomorrow. Thankfully wind is going to die down for the summit drive on Saturday.

1674754560837.png

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope all of you have a wonderful trip. Also hope that none of you make the National news. 1: If it's moving, let it go. 2 If it's been let go, get out of the way. 3 An IBC tote only counts as one box of wine. Maybe next year, CT
this is funny given the events of some of the west coast incidents, all that gravity and stuff......

Thefatsquatch

Watch out......We're Back!!!!

View attachment 160465

After 2 long years off, the Imp fired right up! Missed you half frozen grouzer lickers....Rolling into town mid day Thursday, and looking forward to seeing old friends, making new ones, and offending pretty much everybody....kidding, relax... limiting my wife 1 of box of wine per day

Anyway, Go Team Thiokol.....Brought to you by Thiokol Chemical Corp.....a better tasting Orange!

View attachment 160466

View attachment 160467
Sorry we couldn't be there to help represent, but it looks like you guys nailed it for Thiokol! Always next year!

mikemikelle

Back home safe and sound... What a great trip! Can't say enough about this group, and the LODGE!!! wow, great hospitality, great meals, we stayed in one of the cabins...and it was GREAT!

This trip had everything...
X- Snow
X- Good Weather
X- Great People
X- Lots of Cats
X- Excellent Food
X- Everybody got a door prize or two
X- Beautiful Scenery
X- Special Spicolli Linguistic Ski Guide
X- A broke down Sno Trac for a pit party project (Mafia never lets ya down)

Special Thanks to Jesse for leading us all to the Oregon Territory, 4th year running, and we are ready for next year!!
Let the photo dump begin...

20230127_132232.jpg

1st attempt at the summit of Mt. Howard....Tough snow conditions!!

20230127_083646.jpg

Parking 25 diesels and trailers

20230127_083727.jpg

.....and segregation still exists!

20230128_134907.jpg

Salt Creek Summit Meadows

IMG_1825.jpg

Token sellout

20230127_112600.jpg

The Trail crew headed up by Rob, Big Dan, Spiccoli Ski Guide, and Joe Dirt

20230128_153936.jpg

Some History for the area

20230127_140533.jpg

Imp-ending Doom!!

20230126_162334.jpg

Cabin life

20230127_083834.jpg

Lakeside digs

20230127_083650.jpg

20230127_140547.jpg

Imp-aired on Diet Coke

IMG_1810.jpg

It's Imp-possible to have more fun than this!!

20230128_115039.jpg

Imp-poster or Spicolli Ski Guide?

20230128_103824.jpg

Imp-provise!!

20230128_104209.jpg

The Leaders of the pack!

20230128_104231.jpg

20230128_134844.jpg

20230127_111416.jpg

20230128_134844.jpg

IMG_20230127_225107_708.jpg

"Scout" was the official Jamboree mascot!!

20230128_134859.jpg

Big Dan's- I got to drive it...WOW!!! Trade??

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Screenshot_20230130_072557_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_072551_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_072511_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_072229_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_072144_Gallery.jpg

.......... and it's the Frandee by a nose.
Screenshot_20230130_072147_Gallery.jpg

The homemade cat out of Canada, it was cool.
Screenshot_20230130_072134_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_072111_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_072107_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_072716_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_071808_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_071738_Gallery.jpg

Wallowa Lake from our kitchen window.
Screenshot_20230130_071727_Gallery.jpg

Thanks to Jesse, David, and Tucker Corp. Winning Tucker gear made his day.
Screenshot_20230130_071649_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_071556_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_071537_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_071227_Gallery.jpg

Before.......
Screenshot_20230130_071216_Gallery.jpg

......... after.
Screenshot_20230130_070817_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_071204_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_070903_Gallery.jpg

It doesn't get much better than that.
Screenshot_20230130_071035_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_070845_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_070837_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_070510_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230130_070156_Gallery.jpg

.......... and Lil Capt wrapping up the 'run what you brung' class 😊
Screenshot_20230130_070559_Gallery.jpg

Perski

GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics!

Me and my family had a supergood time. Thanks Jesse and all others that made the weekend a success. We are hoping it happens again next year. Unfortunately I couldn't finish the hill climb on Sunday due to some potential engine issues and turned back down. Looks like you had amazing weather and views at the top. Arrived at home in Paradise, Utah after 12 hr drive due to I-84 shutdown with -20 degrees and a foot of fresh snow. Glad we didn't have those temps in Joseph.
My daughter put together a little video from drone footage she took.
Link:

Hope you all have a good winter!!

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics!

Me and my family had a supergood time. Thanks Jesse and all others that made the weekend a success. We are hoping it happens again next year. Unfortunately I couldn't finish the hill climb on Sunday due to some potential engine issues and turned back down. Looks like you had amazing weather and views at the top. Arrived at home in Paradise, Utah after 12 hr drive due to I-84 shutdown with -20 degrees and a foot of fresh snow. Glad we didn't have those temps in Joseph.
Link:

Was hoping we would get to see some results of the drone footage. Very cool 😎 Thanks

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I just want to thank everybody who was able to make it. It was a great turnout and a lot of fun memories made. I know my wife loved making it this year and getting a chance to meet everyone.

Special shout out to David, Ryan, and Connelly for helping out to make it all happen. Also, I'd like to thank Lloyd for taking so many great pictures and Pernilla for the great video and everyone else who took photos to share.

I will be posting pictures soon of what me and my wife were able to capture. I have also shared a handful of them on my Instagram and Facebook.

With all of the great feedback it is hard for me to think of not doing a 5th Jamboree... seems like each year it gets better and better as we fine tune the event.

Thanks again all!

Kenncrew

Great pics!

Link:

Great video!!!