• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alpine Cat Jamboree 2023

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to get everybody the dates for this season's Alpine Cat Jamboree at Wallowa Lake Lodge in Joseph, Oregon. It will be held January 27th, 28th, and 29th 2023. I will be posting details as they develop.

Stay tuned.

Screenshot_20221015-055258_Photos~2.jpg

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Alright everyone, here is some more detailed information...

The 2023 Alpine Cat Jamboree Itinerary

Our fourth annual Alpine Cat Jamboree will once again be held in Joseph, Oregon. We are pleased to announce that we have teamed up with Wallowa Lake Lodge again who will be accommodating the lodging and all of our meals. It worked out great last year being in the same location all together to where we could gather and meet in the mornings at breakfast, head out on our adventures with our sack lunches and close the night out with dinner in the lodge. Once again, the Jamboree will be sponsored by us, Alpine Cat Tours, Wallowa Alpine Huts, Tucker Sno-Cat Corp.,and the US Forest Service.

With the way things are going and having the Jamboree held two weeks later it looks very promising that the snow depth will be the best it has been for us since starting the Jamboree.

More details to come but here is what we have so far:

DETAILS:
  • Sno Cat Jamboree begins the evening of Thursday Jan. 26th and will continue Friday the 27th, Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th and our activities ending Mid day. For those who want to get a head start on travels, they can leave right after the activity on Sunday right after lunch about mid day. For those who want to get back to the lodge and just start their travels on Monday morning, they have the option of staying at the lodge an additional night Sunday night (the 29th) and leaving Monday morning. There will be an additional charge of $30 for dinner Sunday night for adults ($20 for kids) and then $20 for breakfast Monday morning for adults ($15 for kids).
  • Accommodation cost will be $125 per night for one queen bedroom, $175 per night for double rooms that sleeps 4.
    • Rooms include toiletries, all linens, and WIFI, but do not have phones, TVs, microwaves or refrigerators
    • PLEASE NOTE: Wallowa Lake Lodge is a completely smoke and pet free facility. They are not ADA accessible.
  • You can call the Lodge at 541.432.9821or email Madeline at Madeline@wallowalakelodge.com to reserve your room and pre-pay meals
    • Please note, the Lodge office is not continually staffed but leave a message and June or Madeline will return the call ASAP
  • Meals will be provided by the lodge at the cost of $220 per person for the entire weekend (includes gratuity). Kids 12 and under are $200 for the entire weekend.
  • MEALS:

The $220 weekend meal package includes the following (will update with menu as it becomes available).
    • Dinner Thursday night the 26th
    • Full hot breakfast, sack lunch, Pit Party dinner Friday the 27th
    • Full hot breakfast, sack lunch, dinner Saturday the 28th
    • Full hot breakfast, sack lunch Sunday the 29th.
      • PLEASE let them know if anyone has dietary restrictions or allergies, they are not a gluten free facility

* For those who choose to stay an extra night on Sunday night, dinner will be an additional $30 per adult ($25 per child) and then breakfast Monday morning will be an additional $20 per adult ($15 per child).
ACTIVITY DAYS DETAILS:
I will be updating as it becomes more concrete. But, some of our activities will be played by ear regarding which date we will do them due to weather etc. But we will be doing the following:
  • Summit Mt. Howard. Hopefully there will be a break in the weather because this provides some excellent views of Wallowa Mountains and Wallowa Lake.
  • Salt Creek Summit view loop: This is a fun scenic loop and if it is clear weather you can see things like the Wallowa range, the Seven Devil’s Range in Idaho and Hells Canyon.
  • Ferguson Ridge Ski Area: this will be more of just a play date and would like to do a hill climb competition. Trophy for the winner.
  • Friday night Pit party at Wallowa Lake Lodge. We will be gathering all of the cats in the same location in front of the lodge and have this pit party event be available to the local community. They will be able to come and view the machines and ask any questions they may have. I believe we will be doing burgers and weenie roast that night. Should be a fun one!

We will also have some swag for giveaways provided by our sponsors, Alpine Cat Tours, Wallowa Alpine Huts, and Tucker Sno-Cat Corp.
Please make your reservations asap. There will be a cut off date for registration. I will post that date as soon as I confirm.

NOTE:
If and when you guys reach out and make your reservations please email me at jesse@alpinecattours.com and let me know so I can keep a head count for number of cats and number of people in your party. Please also include your contact information so I can include you in the group text messages that we send out for various reasons. Each registered cat gets an event poster so please let me know once you've registered so I can put you down for a poster.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions. This should be a really fun event with promising weather! Really looking forward to seeing everybody!

(For those of you who have attended our previous events, if the schedule sounds familiar as to years before we are brainstorming on ways to change it up and will update as we sort it out.)

Bennyboy1337

Man, I really wanted to have my resto done in time for this 2023, but looks like that isn't going to happen :( On the bright side, I shouldn't be driving around a cat that's dropping rollers on the trail everywhere by 2024 :D

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Man, I really wanted to have my resto done in time for this 2023, but looks like that isn't going to happen :( On the bright side, I shouldn't be driving around a cat that's dropping rollers on the trail everywhere by 2024 :D
What do you need to get that cat ready, there are still two months. What do you need for parts to get you by for this event?

Bennyboy1337

What do you need to get that cat ready, there are still two months. What do you need for parts to get you by for this event?
Time...... I had a bathroom remodel I promised wife to finished before I started on the cat, that was before I found out all our sublooring was rotted when I demoed and I had to rebuild everything from the trusses up. I haven't even taken the pontoons off to assess the state of them on the inside/bottom, I assume I'll have to mill about 50 rollers but haven't finalized their design and sourced parts yet, it's just a lot of work to get done in a short time. If I somehow could wave a wand and have brand new tracks/pontoons, I still want to have all the hydraulic lines rebuilt to feel comfortable driving her around, they're all original as far as I can tell, and while I can diagnose a drivetrain or engine issue on the snow, a blow hydro line is something I never want to deal with :D

I have the last two weeks of Dec off from work, I plan to get tracks/pontoons off during that time and asses what needs to be done, I appreciate all your help Dave, I'll be sure to bug you if I need any guidance :D

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey everyone! Just a little update...

WEATHER:
Even though we are heading for about a week of dry, cold weather the mountains are reporting well above average snow depths for this time of year. And long term weather forecasts looks like around Christmas they should get another large dump so I think we are going to be in really good shape. We are also going to try and coordinate with the snowmobile club about grooming the roads a week or so before the Jamboree in hopes to have more fresh snow to run on and less hard pack.

STATUS UPDATE:
on lodging and registering....
We are getting lots of people booked and signed up. We started out with 22 lodge rooms available and 8 cabins. We are now down to 8 or 9 lodge rooms and 1 or 2 cabins. I highly encourage those of you who plan on attending but haven't registered yet to register. There's still quite a few people that have reached out to me saying they plan on going but just have not called and reserved. It's going to be a full house, for sure!

EVENT POSTERS:
Also just wanted to mention that everyone who registers (with a cat) gets a free event poster. If there's anyone in addition in your party that wants an event poster, they are $20 each. If you may have someone in your group that wants one please try and let me know before I get them printed so I have enough at the Jamboree.

TAGS/PASSES:
I think the only tags or passes that we will need to have for the Jamboree is the Oregon Snow Park Pass. If you're able to grab one before the event that would be great, but in the past we've stopped in Joseph at the Sports Corral but they only carry a limited amount and don't think they would have enough for everyone this year. Might be wise to grab it ahead of time. I think you can also grab them here:

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
It is my understanding, but one should verify for themselves, that Idaho and Oregon have a reciprocity policy for snow park permit. Meaning that if you have an Idaho Park and Ski pass on your vehicle you do not need to purchase an Oregon snow park pass.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
The jamboree is just a little over a month away, thought I would post a motivational video from last year just because. Man did we have a great time and everyone staying at the lodge made it even that much better. I bet this years event will even be better then last years.

From what I hear there are going to be a lot of cats there this year. I have heard of some bad ass Tuckers that are going to be there, some newer, some older like the three on the tree rockin machine, some way modified like the turbo-diesel rolling bar, maybe one with some flames, and possibly a camo one, and of course the purring Kitten. Rumer has it there are going to be some kick ass Snow Tracs, always cool to see some air cooled action. Haven't heard if any way cool Thiokols or Bombardiers are coming yet, but I bet one or two show up. And of course the infamous Frandee 37 will be there, ready to spin some cookies. And of course I can't forget about our local tour guide, The Yertmister Connelly, what a character.

This event is worth showing up for even if you don't bring a cat. The Frandee has two empty seats if anyone needs a ride.

Bennyboy1337

This event is worth showing up for even if you don't bring a cat. The Frandee has two empty seats if anyone needs a ride.

Hmmm..... this is tempting since my tucker won't be making it this year :D Also could hit up skiing at Anthony lakes with the Wife to make it a well rounded weekend, or I just bring my skis with me to the lodge and the Frandee can shuttle up the mountain 🤔

Honestly wouldn't be a half bad idea considering all the useful tips from fellow pontoon patrons I could get in prep for my refurb. Looks like this Jamboree has the highest concentration of old tuckers in the west :D

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm..... this is tempting since my tucker won't be making it this year :D Also could hit up skiing at Anthony lakes with the Wife to make it a well rounded weekend, or I just bring my skis with me to the lodge and the Frandee can shuttle up the mountain 🤔

Honestly wouldn't be a half bad idea considering all the useful tips from fellow pontoon patrons I could get in prep for my refurb. Looks like this Jamboree has the highest concentration of old tuckers in the west :D
What you can learn from the other Tucker owners is priceless, especially since you are refurbing one. There will be a ton of knowledge to absorb if you make it. Worth the trip, even for one day. Also, I am sure one or two of the Tuckers will let you ride along so you can see the capability of those machines. IMHO you are crazy not to take advantage of this opportunity. Also, I know of one and probably two Tuckers that will be there from the Boise area, it would be good to meet them.

Bennyboy1337

What you can learn from the other Tucker owners is priceless, especially since you are refurbing one. There will be a ton of knowledge to absorb if you make it. Worth the trip, even for one day. Also, I am sure one or two of the Tuckers will let you ride along so you can see the capability of those machines. IMHO you are crazy not to take advantage of this opportunity. Also, I know of one and probably two Tuckers that will be there from the Boise area, it would be good to meet them.
Waiting for my wife to get back from work to confirm, but I think you can tentatively reserve those two seats in the Frandee for us. What type of liquid payment do you prefer, Scotch? :D

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for my wife to get back from work to confirm, but I think you can tentatively reserve those two seats in the Frandee for us. What type of liquid payment do you prefer, Scotch? :D
No payment necessary, plus I am a beer guy, and from my understanding there will be a professional brewer there with both Tucker and Frandee named custom brewed beers at the jamboree. Now occasionally we have to put a little fireball in the kittens tank as a special fuel additive. Good times are just 4 weeks out!

Rock'n BK

SUPER Site Supporter
The whole thing about this event. It’s a fantastic host. It’s a great venue. And the folks that come are to say the least are great.
I never drove a cat till this show. It’s gonna be a show for sure.

Bennyboy1337

Wife was like "of course I want to go" after explaining 😂 what day would you guys recommend as a must go over the others? I'll be sure to book our time for at least that day.

tuckeredup

Super interested in joining this event. A few little tweaks to make on ol' Squatch and he'll be ready to rumble. Only prob, my dog loves my cat and the no pet policy at the lodge could cause an issue. Is there other lodging available? Love Wallowa Lodge and it sounds like that will be ground zero for organizing activities so hate to miss out on that.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Wife was like "of course I want to go" after explaining 😂 what day would you guys recommend as a must go over the others? I'll be sure to book our time for at least that day.
Well Mr. Bennyboy1337, my thoughts are this. There is only one event currently scheduled for a specific date, and that is the Friday nights pit party. So to try to guess which day the other event will occur could be futile, since they are probably weather dependent. The good thing though is any of the events will be a great time, so it doesn't really mater in my opinion which one you make it to. However, I do have a thought that might be worth considering. Since you are coming cat-less this year (but not next year - the pressure is on to get that refurb done) it might be good to show up Friday evening (need to check with Jesse (Tucker) for a time). My thought here is that it would be a great time to meet everyone before Saturdays event. Or show up Thursday late afternoon when everyone starts showing up, it is cool to see all these cats rolling into town on trailers. It just depends on how long you want to hang out there. I think being there Friday or Saturday is best if you are limited on time, Sunday some people may be leaving early or not participating, and of course the further into the event the more cat casualties that occur, last year I ripped out my transfer case and the year before I had to tow the Kitten out.

The spare seats in the Frandee are reserved for you and your better half, however I am sure you are going to want to ride in a Tucker or two so you can get a feel for what your cat is going to be capable of. I have many GREAT friends with Tuckers that will be there and I am sure one or two of them will give you a ride. Also, I am bringing my Kitten, you can drive it around, as long as your kidneys can handle it. However, you may have to get permission from the two youngest members of the Sno-Trac Mofia since they are who I am bringing it for.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Super interested in joining this event. A few little tweaks to make on ol' Squatch and he'll be ready to rumble. Only prob, my dog loves my cat and the no pet policy at the lodge could cause an issue. Is there other lodging available? Love Wallowa Lodge and it sounds like that will be ground zero for organizing activities so hate to miss out on that.
The lodge is great and it is nice having everyone together in one place. The first two years of this event everyone stayed in hotels or airbnb type places, so there are plenty of them around. I personally stayed in an airbnb in Enterprise (cheaper) that had plenty of plowed parking for my truck and trailer (one thing to consider when renting these places in the winter). So people have stayed in both Enterprise and Joseph, both work well, Enterprise just requires a little more driving each day back and forth. One thing I found was the first year the airbnb price was reasonable, then the next year I went to rent the same place and they had doubled the rent, so I went elsewhere. What might be worth doing is getting ahold of Madeline at the Wallowa Lake Lodge, she runs the place. I bet she could direct you to a close place that would accept pets. She is a very nice gal, and was way helpful to us last year, she is a 5 star host in my opinion. See you there, looking forward to meeting you!

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey everybody! Getting closer and we are getting a full house!

Just a couple of things.....

Got notice from the lodge: No-host bar available Friday and Saturdays, please no outside alcohol.

If you have not contacted me but you have booked with the lodge, will you please either pm me or email me at jesse@alpinecattours.com to inform me of your party size and if you are bringing a machine. Helps me keep track of number of attendees. Also helps me determine how many event posters to print.

If you have any questions feel free to post here or message or email me.