• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alpine Cat Jamboree 2021 - January 8th, 9th, and 10th

We may have a spot if you don't mind riding in the cargo area. I have 2 Ford ranger flip down seats back there or you can sit on the floor if you so desire.

We don't require any type of payment just agree to help us push when the motor blows up lol....
Awesome, thanks!! I'll let you know if I'm going to make it!!

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry all for the lack of presence here on my part. I've been out of town with little to no reception on service calls trying to keep Tuckers running and operating.

The covid scare has definitely thrown a wrench into who's willing to come and has affected our accommodations. But we do still have some dedicated and faithful sno-catters that are signed up and ready to go. Although we probably won't have a ton of sno-cats, we will have enough people to provide some of the best fun and entertainment. The one thing I love about small crowds is how personable you can get and in turn make real relationships.

It looks like Wallowa County is still one of the few counties in Oregon that are at a lower risk and restaurants are still operating at least half capacity for dine in. Motels/Hotels are still running as normal.

Regarding snow conditions: on the valley floor in Joseph is very little snow (which sits at just over 4,000 ft), but our daily events will be occurring anywhere from 6,000ft up to 8,000 ft. plus. At 6,000 ft level there is approximately 3 ft plus. And upper elevation is approximately 5 ft plus. Forecast to come looks like they will be picking up more snow the first of this week and possibly even seeing some clearing skies over the time we are there which would make for spectacular views. Fingers crossed.

I have heard back from a handful of people who have reached out to provide their contact info to be in the contact loop. If anybody else is planning on coming OR still on the fence, please let me know so I can somewhat plan accordingly.

If anyone has any questions at all please feel free to comment here.

AbelLMTV

Sorry all for the lack of presence here on my part. I've been out of town with little to no reception on service calls trying to keep Tuckers running and operating.

The covid scare has definitely thrown a wrench into who's willing to come and has affected our accommodations. But we do still have some dedicated and faithful sno-catters that are signed up and ready to go. Although we probably won't have a ton of sno-cats, we will have enough people to provide some of the best fun and entertainment. The one thing I love about small crowds is how personable you can get and in turn make real relationships.

It looks like Wallowa County is still one of the few counties in Oregon that are at a lower risk and restaurants are still operating at least half capacity for dine in. Motels/Hotels are still running as normal.

Regarding snow conditions: on the valley floor in Joseph is very little snow (which sits at just over 4,000 ft), but our daily events will be occurring anywhere from 6,000ft up to 8,000 ft. plus. At 6,000 ft level there is approximately 3 ft plus. And upper elevation is approximately 5 ft plus. Forecast to come looks like they will be picking up more snow the first of this week and possibly even seeing some clearing skies over the time we are there which would make for spectacular views. Fingers crossed.

I have heard back from a handful of people who have reached out to provide their contact info to be in the contact loop. If anybody else is planning on coming OR still on the fence, please let me know so I can somewhat plan accordingly.

We will be heading to the Joseph area on Thursday and will be looking for a place to "park" for the night. We are self contained. Any ideas where we can crash for the evening??

Attachments

• 2020-11-19 07.45.23.jpg
    2020-11-19 07.45.23.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 82

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
We will be heading to the Joseph area on Thursday and will be looking for a place to "park" for the night. We are self contained. Any ideas where we can crash for the evening??
I'm pretty sure Salt Creek Summit parking lot allows overnight parking. But I'm afraid you might not get text message updates up there. I'll talk to a local friend to see if he knows where the best place for you to park the first night so you can get up to speed with the rest of the group.

Pontoon Capt

SUPER Site Supporter
Found this post looking to find out about the jamboree. I live out of Joseph and would like to visit and check out the cats that are coming.
I read the itinerary from Tucker and it looks like you may start Friday at Salt Creek Summit?

AbelLMTV

I'm pretty sure Salt Creek Summit parking lot allows overnight parking. But I'm afraid you might not get text message updates up there. I'll talk to a local friend to see if he knows where the best place for you to park the first night so you can get up to speed with the rest of the group.
Thanks. Keep me in the loop. You have my number I sent it to you via PM.

Pontoon Capt

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. Keep me in the loop. You have my number I sent it to you via PM.
Hi, I am not a social media person so this is what I figured out.
There is a Public Parking and Restroom in Joseph. It is big enough for your rig and has two entrance/exits.
When you come in to Joseph on Hwy 82, turn Left at the Chevron station, go East 1 block and it is on the Right. The restroom is on the corner and the parking lot is behind it. If you have difficulty call me at 503-396-2828, John. Look forward to seeing you there

Meshee70

Hey everyone!
My husband Rod and I will be coming in on Thursday all the way from Montrose, Co with our 57 443 Tucker!
Can't wait to see all of the friends we made last year and looking forward to meeting new friends!

AbelLMTV

Hi, I am not a social media person so this is what I figured out.
There is a Public Parking and Restroom in Joseph. It is big enough for your rig and has two entrance/exits.
When you come in to Joseph on Hwy 82, turn Left at the Chevron station, go East 1 block and it is on the Right. The restroom is on the corner and the parking lot is behind it. If you have difficulty call me at 503-396-2828, John. Look forward to seeing you there
Thank you! We will keep this spot in mind.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Found this post looking to find out about the jamboree. I live out of Joseph and would like to visit and check out the cats that are coming.
I read the itinerary from Tucker and it looks like you may start Friday at Salt Creek Summit?
Hi there! Yes, as of right now, that is the plan. We will probably be there mid morning and be there most of the day. Feel free to stop on by! You can also feel free to PM me anytime and I could try and give you updates of our whereabouts this weekend (if I have reception).

Anyone else here a day early because they're so excited? Just me? Ok, haha. I took a drive up to Salt Creek Summit to scout some camping spots. I also checked out the public parking in Joseph that Pontoon Capt posted about. I figured this might be helpful to someone...if not, I had fun making a quick edit! (Sorry about the portrait video...bad habit.) LMK if you have any questions. I'll be hanging at the Public Lot in Joseph tomorrow, working.... stop by and say hi if you see a silver RAM Promaster Van with Wisconsin Plates!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else here a day early because they're so excited? Just me? Ok, haha. I took a drive up to Salt Creek Summit to scout some camping spots. I also checked out the public parking in Joseph that Pontoon Capt posted about. I figured this might be helpful to someone...if not, I had fun making a quick edit! (Sorry about the portrait video...bad habit.) LMK if you have any questions. I'll be hanging at the Public Lot in Joseph tomorrow, working.... stop by and say hi if you see a silver RAM Promaster Van with Wisconsin Plates!
Sorry we wont be there until Thursday evening, still 500 miles away. If we can we will swing by and say hi when we get into town.

RustysPitCrew

Hey all, wanted to say thank you for welcoming us in for our first Jamboree. We had an amazing time driving in the ‘pow. Huge difference in traction and vibration in powder compared to wet Mt Hood snow.

Would be optimal to stay in the parade for the full weekend, but Rusty had a different agenda. We are on the way home for Sean to get started sleuthing around the minced up transmission.

Thanks again for the opportunity to ride with you all. Great group...hope to see you next year.
-Willow

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Frandee was humbled today, she couldn't make it to the top of Mt. Howard. Got about a mile from the summit and she wanted to side slip, not a good thing when there is a huge drop off. We parked her and got rides in some Tuckers, what amazing climbing machines those are.
IMG_20210109_143154465_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210109_143644983_HDR.jpg