• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What to do?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been on pain meds for the past 5+ years. Tylenol doesn't do squat for me. I may as well pop a tic tac as to take Tylenol. What does work is aleve. (Or naproxen)

That has created another problem though. I've been taking aleve morning and night for 3 years. While it works for pain, it's also a blood thinner as a side effect and reduces healing of wounds. So do I keep taking naproxen for pain and risk excessive bleeding and slow any healing of wounds or stop it and reduce the bleeding etc. Tough decision. For now, I have chosen to stop taking aleve as a trial but increase my other non prescription medication (medical marijuana in pill form) It doesn't have any side effects and helps with the pain as it's a slow release pill with low thc (the stuff that leaves you buzzed) The only issue with that is when the border does finally reopen, I can't travel in the states as I can't take my dr prescribed medication with me across the border.

For reference, this is how my hand has been for 3 weeks. Every time I accidentally brush up against anything a scab will open and very thin watery blood comes out for hours. I've taken to wrapping it with polysporin and guaze to protect against infection.

Attachments

• 20210125_084535.jpg
    20210125_084535.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I tend to rotate my pain meds for similar reasons. My skin is also fragile.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that my dr is hesitant to give me anything to thicken my blood due to a prior blood clot after my accident. For now, I want to try stopping the naproxen for a bit to see how things heal up. May as well eliminate that. As for a change in diet, I have been having all kinds of stomach problems for the past 2 years which has resulted in a reduced diet due to abdominal pains. I've been through an exploration surgery to check on things inside as well as a barium scan recently. Personally I think that my double layer of hernia mesh is the cuplrit. I've lost 50lbs in the past year because of it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been on pain meds for the past 5+ years. Tylenol doesn't do squat for me. I may as well pop a tic tac as to take Tylenol. What does work is aleve. (Or naproxen)

That has created another problem though. I've been taking aleve morning and night for 3 years. While it works for pain, it's also a blood thinner as a side effect and reduces healing of wounds. So do I keep taking naproxen for pain and risk excessive bleeding and slow any healing of wounds or stop it and reduce the bleeding etc. Tough decision. For now, I have chosen to stop taking aleve as a trial but increase my other non prescription medication (medical marijuana in pill form) It doesn't have any side effects and helps with the pain as it's a slow release pill with low thc (the stuff that leaves you buzzed) The only issue with that is when the border does finally reopen, I can't travel in the states as I can't take my dr prescribed medication with me across the border.

For reference, this is how my hand has been for 3 weeks. Every time I accidentally brush up against anything a scab will open and very thin watery blood comes out for hours. I've taken to wrapping it with polysporin and guaze to protect against infection.
I too use MJ for pain, mine is my back especially in the neck area. ( high school football and wrestling then 35 years of construction work ) I grow and make my own Canaoil using CoCo butter. I make it very potent so I sleep thru the night. During the day its white noise where when I get busy I can ignore it. After sitting down when done working, sometimes it difficult to get up again. I have no side effects or increased tolerance in 15 years. Maybe you just need some stronger edibles ?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've tried edibles. Like bringing a butter knife to a gun fight for me. I've been taking a slow release 2.5% thc pill every morning for a couple years. No buzz or side effects and it helps to relax the muscles and calm the nerves. I can usually get through most days relatively pain free. But come evening, it's worn off. So I suffer through it until 9pm when I take my nighttime meds. They take about 2 hrs to kick in so in the meantime I head outside to take a few puffs of a higher %thc indica which numbs the body and knocks me out for the night. It usually wears off about the same time the pills kick in. That's the only way I can sleep relatively pain free throughout the night.

Before I started with the medical marijuana, I was sitting at home in pain buzzing on oxys during the day and not sleeping for more than 2hrs at a time during the night. It is what it is. Up until my accident in 2015, I had never touched the stuff. But it works.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've tried edibles. Like bringing a butter knife to a gun fight for me. I've been taking a slow release 2.5% thc pill every morning for a couple years. No buzz or side effects and it helps to relax the muscles and calm the nerves. I can usually get through most days relatively pain free. But come evening, it's worn off. So I suffer through it until 9pm when I take my nighttime meds. They take about 2 hrs to kick in so in the meantime I head outside to take a few puffs of a higher %thc indica which numbs the body and knocks me out for the night. It usually wears off about the same time the pills kick in. That's the only way I can sleep relatively pain free throughout the night.

Before I started with the medical marijuana, I was sitting at home in pain buzzing on oxys during the day and not sleeping for more than 2hrs at a time during the night. It is what it is. Up until my accident in 2015, I had never touched the stuff. But it works.
I hear ya, I used to buy mine at the club, I have found I can make it much more potent myself, There is a method to make it more sedative by reducing heat and cooking it for 6-8 hours. One batch came out so strong when I took my normal amount it made me feel drunk and I was stumbling. I make 6 months worth at a time. I also know your injuries are a lot more severe than mine with some nerve damage thrown in. I put up with it during the day, operating machinery and MJ is asking for it. Mainly I manage with what I am doing because I do not want to get on Opioids.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. Being buzzed on oxytocin all day and not getting relief then being switched to another nerve pain med (lyrica) that did absolutely nothing but cause me to gain 40lbs in 4 months then finally getting pain relief without the side effects was enough to convince me. I haven't tried growing it yet but a buddy at camp has. And he has been eyeing up a clear patch of land surrounded by trees in the back woods of my property for a potential "garden" as I have a prescription which allows me to grow a fairly large amount.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
seed plants get 10 feet tall here and yield over 2 pounds each. 2 is more than I can use. You want to grow indica not sativa. Indica strain is the sleepy go to bed, sativa wakes you up. You can buy sexed seeds at the club or online they run about $60.00 a seed but they will all come out female and not ruin your crop.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Can't you just buy CBD based products in Canada now? You can get fairly decent strength CBD in the US now with almost no THC. You can also get CBD topicals that seem to work pretty well for localized pain.

The key thing to remember is that you shouldn't be on pain meds all the time. Wean yourself off slowly by gradually reducing your dosages over time (like a month). Then only take pain meds when you really need them.

You could talk to your doctor about Vitamin K-2 (it's different than Vitamin K) and Rutin. Before I got my knees replaced I was taking too many pain killers and those two vitamins helped me when I used to bruise too much.

But check with your doctor - I am not a doctor.

norscaner

Same here. Being buzzed on oxytocin all day and not getting relief then being switched to another nerve pain med (lyrica) that did absolutely nothing but cause me to gain 40lbs in 4 months then finally getting pain relief without the side effects was enough to convince me. I haven't tried growing it yet but a buddy at camp has. And he has been eyeing up a clear patch of land surrounded by trees in the back woods of my property for a potential "garden" as I have a prescription which allows me to grow a fairly large amount.
Check out Boles Feed on the north side of town. Six seeds from " Crop King" were $60. They were easy to grow but required attention at the start. I grew them on the deck right by the pool. They do smell a bit though.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Check out Boles Feed on the north side of town. Six seeds from " Crop King" were $60. They were easy to grow but required attention at the start. I grew them on the deck right by the pool. They do smell a bit though.
Good to know. Thanks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't you just buy CBD based products in Canada now? You can get fairly decent strength CBD in the US now with almost no THC. You can also get CBD topicals that seem to work pretty well for localized pain.

The key thing to remember is that you shouldn't be on pain meds all the time. Wean yourself off slowly by gradually reducing your dosages over time (like a month). Then only take pain meds when you really need them.

You could talk to your doctor about Vitamin K-2 (it's different than Vitamin K) and Rutin. Before I got my knees replaced I was taking too many pain killers and those two vitamins helped me when I used to bruise too much.

But check with your doctor - I am not a doctor.
My issue is that I'll most likely be on pain meds for the rest of my life as I was in a severe near fatal accident in 2015 where I was thrown from my motorcycle and literally run over from behind. I now have severe back pain most days and without strong pain meds, can barely stand some days let alone walk.

I tried cbd products. They didn't come close to doing anything for me. The oils do nothing. Edibles don't do anything. Creams don't help. The only thing I've found to help is thc based pills in the morning. They are a slow release and last all day from 6am until the evening.

So for the past 3 years I have gotten by on aleve morning and night along with my thc pill in the morning.

This is the cause of my back pain. Those are tire marks on my back. I broke 6 vertebrae and had permanent muscle and nerve damage. I also had a broken rib, severely lacerated liver and spleen and nerve damage going to my legs. The liver and spleen required emergency surgery to save me from bleeding internally. That led to the development of 2 separate incisional hernias along the scar line from my ribs to my waist which was repaired by a double layer of mesh across my entire abdomen. So now my entire core is in constant pain. I have good days and bad days. Just 2 weeks ago I had a bad flare up that left me unable to stand without assistance or walk. Other days I can get around alright.

fe9a8ae3cfb30c0c0a2d5cb692d1471c.jpg
c301ffbc09f7b5722e309b910e504f4b.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My issue is that I'll most likely be on pain meds for the rest of my life as I was in a severe near fatal accident in 2015 where I was thrown from my motorcycle and literally run over from behind. I now have severe back pain most days and without strong pain meds, can barely stand some days let alone walk.

I tried cbd products. They didn't come close to doing anything for me. The oils do nothing. Edibles don't do anything. Creams don't help. The only thing I've found to help is thc based pills in the morning. They are a slow release and last all day from 6am until the evening.

So for the past 3 years I have gotten by on aleve morning and night along with my thc pill in the morning.

This is the cause of my back pain. Those are tire marks on my back. I broke 6 vertebrae and had permanent muscle and nerve damage. I also had a broken rib, severely lacerated liver and spleen and nerve damage going to my legs. The liver and spleen required emergency surgery to save me from bleeding internally. That led to the development of 2 separate incisional hernias along the scar line from my ribs to my waist which was repaired by a double layer of mesh across my entire abdomen. So now my entire core is in constant pain. I have good days and bad days. Just 2 weeks ago I had a bad flare up that left me unable to stand without assistance or walk. Other days I can get around alright.

View attachment 134267View attachment 134259
You poor baby.
I remember that like it was yesterday.
?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. Yeah, that was a bad one. The internal bleeding from the liver nearly killed me. Thankfully it happened only 2 blocks from the hospital. Any further away and I wouldn't be here.