• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What did you do with your "Stimulus Check"

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe a similar thread has been made, but I didn't see it.

Between buying a paint "gun" last week and today finding myself spending the equivalent of the rest of our "stimulus check" on a welding "gun" [I finally remembered why I hid my welding torch from myself & left the cutting head on instead: it had erroded the metal around the o-rings and was going to make a "BigBang" if used], found myself wondering if my guess last spring was correct:

Probably 99% of the money wouldn't be spent on things that truely stimulate national wealth [of course, that's assuming my tiny understanding/opinion of national ecconimics is even remotely correct]. My take is that unless the bulk of the "value added" portion of a product occurs domestically, it is essentially doesn't provide long term impact to increasing national wealth [i.e. retail money spent on imports: money exchanges hands with importors/shippers ect, but no wealth is actually created]. Not to mention, like "tax credits" said money is nothing but money the Federal Government created on "paper" rather than any true wealth in the first place [but I wasn't sending it back either! :tongue: ].

And moreso curious in general.

Anyway, regardless of reality verses my take on economics, "What did you spend your check on?" No finger pointing, over-analyzing, etc.: civil discussion only please.

American Woman

Site Supporter
We haven't gotten one yet....We are still waiting on our taxes from last year to get figured out. Thank God for extensions. But if we do get it I want to use it towards changing the swimming pool from chlorinated to soft water. That means new pumps and filters.
Meanwhile..it's a pond :rolleyes:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I suspect it went into building materials, insurance, or property taxes.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
For the first time in several years our income was too high and we went without the stimulus check since we did not qualify. I could of rearranged the income earlier in the year if I would of known the government was going to play give away. So, we did not stimulate any thing......:yum:

D

darroll

Bought a paper shredder to chew up my tax records back to 1977. It’s a Fellowes and I hope it’s made in the US. The documents don’t show where it was made.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I think Americans should stick together and buy more of our own products made HERE

I'm with you there AW! Smith welding equipment is made in Watertown, SD and Graco makes their sprayers in the US too; however, for smaller purchases it's getting harder - I still ussually find a domestic product, but I hate to imagine how many people just grab the first thing off the shelf at Walmart. :hammer: